• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone worried about DriveClub?

Robbok

Was under the impression most of the content will be locked in the PS+ version, with options to purchase more content?

We will see. All we know, is some cars and Tracks are missing. They didn´t tell us, how many cars/tracks are in the game/missing. But if you can get all Trophys, it should have clearly more value than any kind of a demo.

Yeah the way they handling this game..it could be evolutions last game.

Showing the time trial with one car over and over hasn't helped them at all. Both Forza and NFS look way more fun than DriveClub

People keep saying how it will have a psn+ version but how many people will subscribe to psn+ on day 1??? How does a psn save this game?

I understand NFS because it's a crazy racing game, but how can Forza "look way more fun" from the footage we have...because it had a playable demo with 5 cars on track?

Had to be a SniperHunter thread.

They already said the next video will show a proper race.

And graphical problems? lol Yeah, problem being that it looks too good.

geordiemp

Not seen multi car racing on actual hardware from any of the next gen consoles - if there is any could someone give me a link ?

Thinking about it we have not seen decent gameplay console footage on so many games due for release soon.

It is frustrating and a reason why I have ordered consoles only and no games 'yet'....

Heck we don't even know the final resolutions of many up coming games, never mind decent confirmed console footage (I take all E3 footage on equivalent hardware with a pinch of salt.)

Maybe I am being a bit pessimistic ...

hexen

Neo Member
There's a stunning lack of footage for every next gen launch game not named Assassin's Creed IV and Killer Instinct. You should be worried about all of them.

exactly my thoughts. i know the gaming public is craving for footage of all the anticipated new titles, but i don't expect evolution or any other studio to have releasing direct feed gameplay videos on a top spot on their to do lists this close to launch. it's four weeks to the ps4 launch, so driveclub should be close to being gold status and i expect new videos soon after reaching that milestone.

Namikaze

The game looks boring. All the videos I've seen is just one player driving around. Plus I think using real car brands limits the designers imagination. Something in the veins of WipeOut our a sci-fi racer would have been more exciting. There're so many realistic racing games that will put DriveClub to shame because it looks mediocre at best.

You'll be able to play with up to 12 players online in the final version. You don't always have to play solo races.

I understand NFS because it's a crazy racing game, but how can Forza "look way more fun" from the footage we have...because it had a playable demo with 5 cars on track?
Well forza has drivertard ai which sounds way better than rubber band ai and it also has 23 other cars on screen...I want to see the ai in dc. I hope dc doesn't have rubber band ai!!!

wiggleb0t

Banned
Yeah the way they handling this game..it could be evolutions last game.

Showing the time trial with one car over and over hasn't helped them at all. Both Forza and NFS look way more fun than DriveClub

People keep saying how it will have a psn+ version but how many people will subscribe to psn+ on day 1??? How does a psn save this game?

Facts... All Facts.

How am I trolling? I am the biggest playstation fan, I created this thread cause I was playing motorstorm 2 last night. I haven't even played a single forza game...

And all my concerns are legit. They need to show some racing gameplay

Well forza has drivertard ai which sounds way better than rubber band ai and it also has 23 other cars on screen...I want to see the ai in dc. I hope dc doesn't have rubber band ai!!!

You're not gonna get 23 cars on track for DC, it's road racing not F1. But now I understand why parts of the Prague track were wide enough for 3 cars.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I don’t remember Jeff G saying it was a ”quick cut” game, but maybe he did and I forgot.

I do remember him saying that Sony would like to have an exclusive racing game at launch and they knew there was no way to have a GT game ready for PS4 in November 2013. So it would make sense if Evo were to work on one…

Nothing controversial about that, I imagine?
Yes that's what I was thinking of, he didn't use the words "quick cut", I stupidly put words into his mouth. I wonder if that is why people had a problem with my post.

ItIsOkBro

I do think it's kinda weird the footage they've chosen to show so far...

Game looks fun though. I'm eagerly anticipating the 12 car race footage. Simulation racers are boring as hell.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

iby52XIiTzv1FT.png

It will get the attention that comes with being a launch title but I'm guessing people will have forgotten about it a year from now.

Kssio_Aug

Im also a little bit worried about the standard race (wit more then one car). Hope they are capable of put everything with that qualitiy at those races.

But the graphics and details are already gorgeous enough to me (maybe just some more polsihment).

Edit:
But its also good to remember that the game is free to play, for PS+ subscribers. Also, it stills looks very well done by what was already presented.

Well I guess that depends on the ability of your friends really! Unless you meant 'Driveatar'

Also not sure where you got the idea of 23 other cars on screen as well....

GodofWine

I have no reason to be concerned about a game I get to basically play for free, I get to play it, and then make my decision as to where my money goes.

If its not up to snuff, then I dont worry about it...if it is, then I dont worry about it. Plenty of games to be played, at launch and beyond.

Trying to decide where to plunk my $60 for a launch FPS is more worrisome, do I trust BF4 to not need 12 patches to be close to right? will COD just be the same thing I've played and sworn off 5 times before? Will KZ finally nail it? (Im leaning KZ).

My gut feeling, Driveclub is pure hotness, eye candy, and fun...they've been quiet, I take that as a good thing. Those who worry build hype.

Krakn3Dfx

If it has promise and people enjoy the basic idea and functionality of the game, Driveclub 2 will be awesome. If not, maybe we'll finally get us some Motorstorm 4.

Zalman

Personally, I'd like another MotorStorm from those guys instead of this. It's a much more unique franchise. If I wanted a realistic racing simulator, I'd much rather go for GT6 or wait for GT7.

dose

Although it was fun to play, the handling in the EG Expo demo felt very slippy slidey, frustratingly so, especially trying to right yourself after a spin. This is what I'd be concerned about getting right before release.

So many like?

The racing genre has been gutted since the glory days of the PS1/2, then you get idiots who have no interest in racing games acting like there's a plethora of them to choose from!!

add to that the typical "I don't like racing games but I especially don't like DC" responses that seem to happen, and it gets very tedious for anyone that actually enjoys racing games.

Umm is your head in the sand? GT6, F5 heck even GT5 and F4 are still kicking then we have game like NFS: MW, GRID,F: Horizon. Between now and next spring there will be a surfeit of better racing games; simulators and arcade racers, all with real brands that would be better choices than DC.To name a few, GT6, F5, NFR: R, The Crew, Asseto Corsa etc.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Truthfully, SniperHunter, I'd be more worried if you weren't worried.

Well forza has drivertard ai which sounds way better than rubber band ai
It's funny you'd assume that, since Evo has already done something along the lines of drivertar ai with Motorstorm RC.

meppi

How am I trolling? I am the biggest playstation fan, I created this thread cause I was playing motorstorm 2 last night. I haven't even played a single forza game...

And all my concerns are legit. They need to show some racing gameplay

Understandable really. This thing is launching in just over a months and we still haven't seen any real decent footage of Driveclub, Killzone or BF4, etc.
It's really getting annoying and damn time that we'll get some quality footage out there that shows more than the one track/vertical slice that have been demo'd over and over again.

You could say the same thing for almost all nextgen launch titles....
Pretty much. Really annoying.

nynt9

I'm not really invested in DC so I don't really care, but the game seems to get significant improvements with every video released. Launch is awfully close, I don't know when they need to start pressing disks, it can't be too far away now.

I'll be getting the free version with + anyway, so that will be a good way to judge if it's worth a full purchase.

Truthfully, SniperHunter, I'd be more worried if you weren't worried.

It's funny you'd assume that, since Evo has already done something along the lines of drivertar ai with Motorstorm RC.

Very true, hadn't even thought of that with it's uploading of ghosts. Was quite a good feature letting you watch how they had approached certain tracks and corners.

No not at all,This is a Launch Game, they will not have the time to keep bringing versions and videos out to satisfy the hunger for the latest tweak/updates etc.

When ever you get near Deadline on a software release you have to ignore all other factors and knuckle down. If anyone has worked in software it always goes like this, the effort/the light goes on, it kind of all clicks, and every day/hour matters at this point.

This is why you will be seeing PC versions shown so much at demo's as they will be a lot older and more stable/this is the development environment so easier to just chuck in a setting and demo something. This will be true of most of the stuff seen Watchdogs/Ryse/Bf4/DriveClub yes even Killzone, don't mistake just because a game is only on a console that any version shown is console it does not work like that.

Everyone needs to calm down, all these games will look as close to as better as the "PC" versions we have seen so far, we only have just over 4 weeks to go!

Top Bottom