• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub "the new" footage in HD

Disguises

Eh...Monday...Thursday...They're pretty much the same day. The distinction between release dates are blurry sometimes.

FINALLY! :D

Espada

The lighting and shadows are awesome as hell. I really like how the cars glint and shimmer, along with little things like reflections and what not.

Still that aliasing was pretty prominent. It was everywhere, and marred otherwise nice looking videos.

Fake Edit: Rewatching them I have to add something else: The game has a really nice sense of speed. Everything just whipping by at a thousand miles and hour, it reminded me of Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. Now THAT game was fast as hell. It felt like you were racing with the space shuttle.

Duxxy3

Just not that interesting of a title. It's not a sim. It's not an arcade racer. It's not a skill racer (gotham).

If I had the option of this, or another motorstorm game, I would rather have the motorstorm game.

nero2082

reminds me of Motorstorm, same feeling of speed, my type of game - pedal to the metal, forget this silly brakes thing

can't wait for Driveclub
though, as MS:pR was their best

thuway

Just not that interesting of a title. It's not a sim. It's not an arcade racer. It's not a skill racer (gotham).

If I had the option of this, or another motorstorm game, I would rather have the motorstorm game.
The fuck are you talking about?

theWB27

They game has been delayed for more than 6 months and the aliasing didnt look this bad in the last videos of november. It looks great but the aliasing is really noticeable. But yeah its peobably still gonna be implemented though... I hope :(

You should probably go back and re-watch those vids...the aliasing is still there. The game just looks better than it did then.

RayMaker

Banned
The lighting and shadows are awesome as hell. I really like how the cars glint and shimmer, along with little things like reflections and what not.

Still that aliasing was pretty prominent. It was everywhere, and marred otherwise nice looking videos.

The lighting and effects give it almost cgi look at times.I'am also loving the lush and populated environments in the the india/pagani zonda track. I think this game looks better in the day and at sunset/sunrise then at night.

Gestault

The cast shadows look beautiful, and look just like they should over the environmental motion-blur (see wall on left).

iu4oh6CRgxlNl.png

The more I look at direct captures, the more I realize how soft the image seems. Is anyone else noticing this? Also, I totally missed the screen-tearing at the top.

Proxy

The AA could be better but sitting at normal distances will make that complaint irrelevant for me atleast. What really stands out to me more is the draw distance and the lighting. That's what makes this game really good looking imo.

That Glenmorgan, India video really highlights this game's sense of speed.

Looks really, really gorgeous, except the alisasing of course, which will hopefully be ironed out until October.

It still amazes me that a game can look twice as detailed just because it's not compressed to death. That also shows that either Youtube has to step up in terms of bitrates or all publishers have to offer uncompressed footage like this.

Espada

The lighting and effects give it almost cgi look at times.I'am also loving the lush and populated environments in the the india/pagani zonda track. I think this game looks better in the day and at sunset/sunrise then at night.

I have to agree. While at night you have the slick looking lighting and the whole night racing novelty, their work on the tracks is kind of lost. Like you said, during the day you can actually appreciate the work they put into all the stuff surrounding the track. If they'd first shown off the game with the India track, not many people would've yawned. That track looks so nice.

ref

Looks good, aside from the aliasing as others mentioned.

Please no FXAA, if you need a cheap form of AA please, always, always go with SMAA. The reduction of image quality of FXAA caused from blur is quite dramatic. SMAA is much more appealing.

I was hoping to be more impressed. Something still seems to be up with the gamma in these videos too. I guess we won't know what it really look like 'til it's in our homes.

After all the hype about this games visuals I am incredibly underwhelmed, esp as it's only 30fps. Will definitely try it though since it's free on PS+ anyway.

The art direction seems pretty poor to me. There's junk littered on every side of the track that's distracting and doesn't blend with the scenery.

And why have wires crossing all over the place if you don't have the AA to have them not be shimmering messes?

That lighting is incredible. Maybe it's because the person playing in the video isn't even trying to race the other cars, but the gameplay looks really boring.

Vire

Image looks pretty soft?

Also aliasing is rather distracting... oh well. At least the sense of speed is pretty great.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This kids is why giving exclusive videos to ign and youtube is a stupid fucking idea.

Publishers, please release your own videos not only on youtube. It doesn't help you making your games look bad.

i4HUGBWALinnr.png

ibmD7VlrB0VsLe.png

Pimpwerx

Stop with the hyperbole.

I'm reading the aliasing is "prominent" and "in my face". I finally get the download to complete and the aliasing is on power lines zipping by, and faintly on the rear wing. The two worst case scenarios for AA, and not very noticeable. You definitely can't notice it if you're driving, because looks like you'd be doing a lot of crashing.

There's aliasing, but everything doesn't have to be the greatest or most horrific thing ever. The game looks good, and has a good sense of speed. I'm eagerly waiting for the release. PEACE.

hawk2025

The art direction seems pretty poor to me. There's junk littered on every side of the track that's distracting and doesn't blend with the scenery.

And why have wires crossing all over the place if you don't have the AA to have them not be shimmering messes?

...it's India. The art direction is absolutely PERFECT for where the track is actually located.

Looks absolutely beautiful.

Next gen PGR has arrived.

IMO, that cannot be unless it handles like that game (very distinct sim/arcade hybrid) and feature city-based tracks. Also, Kudos...where are they? Fame sounds like a generic XP level. Not PGR...nothing is so far. Otherwise, I guess I see what you mean...

pixlexic

Banned
Wow that aliasing is prominent and in my face!

But seriously I don't mind the aliasing. It's the 30 fps that sucks.

I am still very willing to give the f2p version a try.

lefantome

The cast shadows look beautiful, and look just like they should over the environmental motion-blur (see wall on left).

The more I look at direct captures, the more I realize how soft the image seems. Is anyone else noticing this? Also, I totally missed the screen-tearing at the top.

I don't like to say that but the video didn't seem to have 1080p content, maybe it was the compression + aliasing

hEist

looks good so far.
don't know if it's me/or my eyes : but please fix the disappearing roads signs in whole-car-perspective (the opposite of pop-ups?). Front view/in car don't have the problem (fixed to that perspective?)

Top Bottom