• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

I wish i could have this kind of confidence ~.~
You should have. Playing all this time solo, you are better prepared for 7FR then us Tagging guys. Trust your skills.

I'd say let Feng get some of his masters moves too, esp Waning Moon.

Can't have a Tekken without that throw.

Wang is not Feng's master. Feng killed his own master over nothing because he's an asshole, lol.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good games Sasuke and good games to your brother. It's been some time since I had such a long session.

I was pretty shocked when we started playing. Rocker played with such patience and precision I got totally confused. "Is this the same guy?!" I couldn't do shit. My offense got blocked and punished and I got hit by 100 of Lee's b+4 when I tried to approach. Plus he scored his super hard juggles like 7 b+2~f into wall combo for death. Crazy. He was leading those fights. I was crumbling. Red Alert went off in my head.

I had to force Rocker to go back to his old playstyle or else I was going to be finished. So I changed my approach to more annoying offense, less big moves, more jabs, lows and throws. I took me good 4-5 matches to break this rock like concentration and finally Rocker went back to his offensive style that let me go back to my usual rhythm of deathfists, shredders and demo men. Now I could get the advantage.

But still Rocker got much, much better even while playing in his old aggressive mode.

That beginning Rocker was a totally different beast though. I got pretty good intuition and judgment and I'm telling you his potential is way above my reach or even yours. I got just a glimpse, a fraction of that potential. And It scared me. I got that anime dramatic pauses when character realizes that a real shit is going down. I'm talking flashbacks of Doomshine beatdowns. That scary.

Q2Az2oa.gif

If if gets this "mode" this "trance" he had first to trigger at will...we're finished.

Pretty sure I remember campaign mode at least referring to Feng as one of Wangs students. I'll go look it up.

http://youtu.be/ZjjcpCoUQOk

Guess I inferred stuff there. Oh well. Could have sworn it was mentioned in one of those campaign things.

Ah. It was Lee that refers to him as master.

Hmmm. Lee with Waning Moon throw?

Yeah. I can see that actually. Especially since Ogre players are used to following it up with Blazing Kick.

Glad I got that straightened out.

sasuke_91

Good games Sasuke and good games to your brother. It's been some time since I had such a long session.

I was pretty shocked when we started playing. Rocker played with such patience and precision I got totally confused. "Is this the same guy?!" I couldn't do shit. My offense got blocked and punished and I got hit by 100 of Lee's b+4 when I tried to approach. Plus he scored his super hard juggles like 7 b+2~f into wall combo for death. Crazy. He was leading those fights. I was crumbling. Red Alert went off in my head.

I had to force Rocker to go back to his old playstyle or else I was going to be finished. So I changed my approach to more annoying offense, less big moves, more jabs, lows and throws. I took me good 4-5 matches to break this rock like concentration and finally Rocker went back to his offensive style that let me go back to my usual rhythm of deathfists, shredders and demo men. Now I could get the advantage.

But still Rocker got much, much better even while playing in his old aggressive mode.

That beginning Rocker was a totally different beast though. I got pretty good intuition and judgment and I'm telling you his potential is way above my reach or even yours. I got just a glimpse, a fraction of that potential. And It scared me. I got that anime dramatic pauses when character realizes that a real shit is going down. I'm talking flashbacks of Doomshine beatdowns. That scary.

Q2Az2oa.gif

If if gets this "mode" this "trance" he had first to trigger at will...we're finished.

Good games man. I walked into the room just to find my brother playing you. Was really surprised because he hasn't really played for a pretty long time (2 months at least) but was doing fairly well against you. And he was way more patient than he was before. Wanted to play pair play, but he hates it, so I played a few rounds myself.

I trust your judgement. He'll become a really good player if he wants to. He lacks the knowledge when it comes to lots of characters which makes him go into panic mode. His combos and execution are a sight to behold though. He actually found out a few decent combos with Jin/Lee by himself.
We played a few rounds after you guys finished and he was wiping the floor with me. I even recorded a few matches. Included a win with my subpar Mishimas to not only show you how I lose >_>

I'm uploading the video to YouTube right now. I'll edit the link into this post when it's finished.

GrayFoxPL

Good games man. I walked into the room just to find my brother playing you. Was really surprised because he hasn't really played for a pretty long time (2 months at least) but was doing fairly well against you. And he was way more patient than he was before. Wanted to play pair play, but he hates it, so I played a few rounds myself.

I trust your judgement. He'll become a really good player if he wants to. He lacks the knowledge when it comes to lots of characters which makes him go into panic mode. His combos and execution are a sight to behold though. He actually found out a few decent combos with Jin/Lee by himself.
We played a few rounds after you guys finished and he was wiping the floor with me. I even recorded a few matches. Included a win with my subpar Mishimas to not only show you how I lose >_>

I'm uploading the video to YouTube right now. I'll edit the link into this post when it's finished.

Yeah he's great. Thanks for the vid, the quality is good. Nice matches.Nice TGF win too! You should see the replays of first matches me vs him if they're on the server, it was insane. There was a funny thing later on when I got knocked down with wall behind and I tried getup with 4 at the same time he did Lee's d+3+4 unblockable. My kick didn't reach and as it recovered and I got bomb for half of health bar and got destroyed. He missinputed the d+3+4 but man I got punished with an unblockable XD.

wd5Lr9p.gif

People too hyped for kid Kaz
dc3a7e8ddcfece04b619fc68642bd28a.png

Nightmare fuel.

GOpPQKt.gif

sasuke_91

Yeah he's great. Thanks for the vid, the quality is good. Nice matches.Nice TGF win too! You should see the replays of first matches me vs him if they're on the server, it was insane. There was a funny thing later on when I got knocked down with wall behind and I tried getup with 4 at the same time he did Lee's d+3+4 unblockable. My kick didn't reach and as it recovered and I got bomb for half of health bar and got destroyed. He missinputed the d+3+4 but man I got punished with an unblockable XD.

Haha I saw that. The d+3+4 itself wasn't a missinput, but he failed to cancel it into something else which was what he intended to do.
I have to watch the earlier matches.

Your movement has seen the same level of improvement as Famicom's the last time I played him. Nice and crisp. I think you'll be able to do wonders once you learn the tracking of various characters and begin stepping accordingly.

Thank you. My movement is a little better Offline, but I can see where I'm going and it motivates me.
I still get hit a lot while dashing both back and forward, but it has gotten way better.

Anndd, KOFXIV's netcode isn't up to par. Sad, I really wanted to do some party mode.

Why is netcode so hard for most developers? And what's different in Tag 2 that it still works so well?

Nuszka

Thank you. My movement is a little better Offline, but I can see where I'm going and it motivates me.
I still get hit a lot while dashing both back and forward, but it has gotten way better.

Are you still playing on ps4 pad. All the time when i played with you back in the days i was on ds3 but this morning i tried the ds4. My bdc on sway characters took a hit, but mostly because i never played tk on ds4, think i will need to get a longer usb cable for my ds4 and start getting used to it.

sasuke_91

Are you still playing on ps4 pad. All the time when i played with you back in the days i was on ds3 but this morning i tried the ds4. My bdc on sway characters took a hit, but mostly because i never played tk on ds4, think i will need to get a longer usb cable for my ds4 and start getting used to it.

We were both playing on DS4s. I was using the one that came with my PS4, so the digipad was a little harder. Good for EWGF and JFSR, but my bdc was a little clunky. I also jumped and ducked a few times when I tried to sidestep, though that happens on other pads as well :p
Once the digipad becomes a little softer it also becomes less straining on your thumbs.

Wasn't there news about T7 supporting PS3 sticks and pads? If that's true then it only really comes down to preference.

Nuszka

^ Good to know , at least i will have a reason to train, i like being comfortable when i play so will go wireless on ps4 :) Don't think ds3 would work wire free without any adapters on ps4 anyway.

Nuszka

GGs Gray, around the time i picked Yoshi my wife came home and started annoying me , you can tell in later games i was just throwing stuff around. Had to quit abruptly as my discussion with her has escalated :( Playing with you and trying to pay attention to what she says, i have lost in both departments :)
Trying to learn Drag, just started him in tag 2. But you can tell that I'm much comfy with my Bruce or Jack. Have no clue who will i main in T7. But playing solo feels so good, think i might be completely done with tag as right now there is no benefit in playing it that way.

Good games, Grayfox!

I guess you dunked me for most of that set, but at least i got the last one \o/

Everyone knows that the one who wins the last game always won the whole set.
Schoolyard logic

Ha ha.

I just went like 9-1 on ranked. Thanks for helping me learn Raven, guys~ ^.^

Nuszka

Just watched the entire Josie moveset, there is literally nothing girly except her taunt and 2 throw, and of course her intros and outros (bleh). Gimme that Bruce skin please!!!

GrayFoxPL

GGs Gray, around the time i picked Yoshi my wife came home and started annoying me , you can tell in later games i was just throwing stuff around. Had to quit abruptly as my discussion with her has escalated :( Playing with you and trying to pay attention to what she says, i have lost in both departments :)
Trying to learn Drag, just started him in tag 2. But you can tell that I'm much comfy with my Bruce or Jack. Have no clue who will i main in T7. But playing solo feels so good, think i might be completely done with tag as right now there is no benefit in playing it that way.

Good games. I generally don't fear Jack but yours is very scary. Can't see them debuggers. Solo is still very hard for me after so many years playing Tag only, but the switch is a must now. Thankfully Squirrel plays solo too.

Hey, don't annoy your wife. Wives are OP and we want you alive for T7. ;)
If you gotta go during session then don't sweat. I understand.

Good games, Grayfox!

I guess you dunked me for most of that set, but at least i got the last one \o/

Ha ha.

I just went like 9-1 on ranked. Thanks for helping me learn Raven, guys~ ^.^

Nice! Your Raven gets better every time. Remember to surprise opponents with many different moves. That's a high point for Raven. By round 3 your opponent should have no idea what to expect.

Just watched the entire Josie moveset, there is literally nothing girly except her taunt and 2 throw, and of course her intros and outros (bleh). Gimme that Bruce skin please!!!

Bruce but in Josie wardrobe, skirts, bikinis and shit.

ZLHRMSm.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Btw. I'm stupidly happy I get to play so much Tekken lately with You all guys!

4HmGNCL.gif

Yeah, it sounds more like there's a bunch of weird bugs rather than the netcode is shite to begin with.

My copy of KoF should arrive tomorrow.... but i can't play until sunday, sigh.

Really looking forward to messing with best girl Mian.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, it sounds more like there's a bunch of weird bugs rather than the netcode is shite to begin with.

Cool, maybe we'll get to play next week.

Numb

Hmm it seems kofxiv netcode actually works but only in Party Mode.

That's a relief. I don't have the game yet because for some reason it's delayed 3 days in Poland, but I'll get it.
That EU tax

Mian?You are gonna do us like that huh? Flying everywhere like a madman. SMH
Get ready to get hit with some PREDICTABOS!
If online is good -_-

GrayFoxPL

That EU tax
[/SPOILER]

You don't know the half of it.

I wanted to buy it today and so I check and couldn't believe it - the fucking price skyrocketed overnight to 300zl, that's 80 fucking dollars! And yeah that's only for version with 1 kyo dlc costume.

No way I'm gonna buy it for this thieving price.

DmJWe94.gif

In a week or two price will go down then I'll get it. Until then I'm back full time on Tekken.

KOF has to wait.

Numb

You don't know the half of it.

I wanted to buy it today and so I check and couldn't believe it - the fucking price skyrocketed overnight to 300zl, that's 80 fucking dollars! And yeah that's only for version with 1 kyo dlc costume.

No way I'm gonna buy it for this thieving price.

DmJWe94.gif

In a week or two price will go down then I'll get it. Until then I'm back full time on Tekken.

KOF has to wait.
All new games cost 75-85 bucks here. Sometimes 90 if you try to buy download from PSN
We atleast better than Australia i think
Yikes

AAK

giphy-2.0.gif

It ain't over, we'll get him next time :p Lost my cool towards the end and fell for all his tricks. We weren't doing all that bad initially. Just didn't capitalize on his mistakes quick enough. Also GG's to both you and Famicom. The discord voice party made things pretty fun.

ZeroX03

Banned
So here in Australia we have another major happening as of this moment.

Based Namco sent us the PC version of Tekken 7 to play around with...and it's running at 4K resolution using a GTX1080. It is simply the most glorious fighting game I have ever laid eyes upon. It's extremely crisp and oh so smooth. Someone hold me.

Rajang

So here in Australia we have another major happening as of this moment.

Based Namco sent us the PC version of Tekken 7 to play around with...and it's running at 4K resolution using a GTX1080. It is simply the most glorious fighting game I have ever laid eyes upon. It's extremely crisp and oh so smooth. Someone hold me.

FR or vanilla?

GrayFoxPL

Watching Revelator tournament on Panda.

Geezas that character Elphelt. Only her all the time.This is probably worse then T6 Bob Evo. Gun characters are almost always OP. She takes the cake though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom