• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous Second Son has gone gold

If a game finishes production so early what's the harm in selling it early? I'm just curious lol. If the cd's have been printed, let us play!

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
If a game finishes production so early what's the harm in selling it early? I'm just curious lol. If the cd's have been printed, let us play!
Day 1 patches. Printing and distributing discs. Upsetting retailers. Nintendo can get away with it because they don't have any retailers to upset. Though, I share your thoughts. I want to play it now please.

You know what? If this inFamous can launch without any major problems, it's going to sell a minimum of 1.5 million easy. As long as there's no stupid catches like there's only 5 enemy types, the story is 5 hours long, every character in the game is unlikable, or any major glitches, the game is on track to improve over inFamous 2 and score very solid 9+'s across the board. I doubt it'll rocket Sucker Punch to Naughty Dog fame levels, but if they can pull this game off, they'll solidify their place in WWS at the top tier of proven developers alongside the likes like MM, ND, GG, and SSM. SP is always, always, missing from that list. The same goes for Evolution right now. Well, maybe the game after Driveclub. They're kind of starting fresh from my perspective.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I don't get the beanie thing, but I love it.

Delsin wears a beanie, and a lot of people said stuff along the lines of it making him look like a 'complete douchebag'. Then someone put a beanie on their avatar, and that small act of spite turned into a rebellion... and a revolution.

A beanie revolution.

Prompto

Banned
Anyone mind removing the Christmas hat and adding a beanie to the genie? Also the original image if that makes things easier.
uwVN0E3.png

Nuke Soda

Float, swim, at least you can touch the water this time around. Died so many times in Infamous 2 because of the tiny islands and being thrown back by an enemy or not seeing the fountain I was about to land in.

Mikey Jr.

Can I get away with just playing infamous 2 before this? I barely played part 1 but only have 2 and never started.

Play Infamous 2 because you want to.

Second Son is a fresh start. New city, new characters, new story.

There is some references to the state of the world after Infamous 2, but I don't think its super necessary to know.

If you were going to play Infamous 2, I would say try and play 1 first.

Readingaid

Neo Member
I've been invited to a special event in London to play the game and meet Troy Baker on Friday can't wait should be awesome.I'll post impressions when I can be arsed.

coolasj19

I've been invited to a special event in London to play the game and meet Troy Baker on Friday can't wait should be awesome.I'll post impressions when I can be arsed.
Will dear Laura Bailey be there? Get a good picture for me please. Without you in it.

Creaking

lmao this thread is just insane

I don't know if the game can live up to this.

All it has to do is be around as good as the first two. Most people who thought that this might be the inFamous game to interest them despite not enjoying the others have already backed out of the hype after seeing the gameplay.

The only thing that could go wrong at this point is if we've already seen most of what the game has to offer and there really are only 2-3 enemy types and very few characters, etc. but I don't think that's hardly the case.

dreamfall

I think I'm really going to enjoy being completely evil in this game. I don't know if it's the beanie, or Delsin's face- things will be different...Mwhaha!

coolasj19

Not sure if it's frowned upon to link to your own videos, but here's my unboxing of the Press Kit. If you're in the US, you might want to call the phone number in the poster: 1-844-HELP-DUP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dySOeihivAU
Also, there's a beanie inside.
I'm sure it's perfectly alright as long as you have something of substance to distribute. That presskit looks kinda barebones, eh?

I think it's time I stop looking at anything inFamous. I think everything is starting to ramp up and those damn psuedo spoilers are going to start popping up.

Goodbye guys. Thanks for the beanie.

Creaking

I'm sure it's perfectly alright as long as you have something of substance to distribute. That presskit looks kinda barebones, eh?

I think it's time I stop looking at anything inFamous. I think everything is starting to ramp up and those damn psuedo spoilers are going to start popping up.

Goodbye guys. Thanks for the beanie.

Spoiler!
The plot gets hijacked by The Joker!

Top Bottom