• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

FluxWaveZ

On another note
Nagito is doing such a great job as Kyoko's replacement. It also makes a lot of sense plotwise why he's so vague.

I'm curious about this.
Why do you think it makes sense plotwise as to why he's so vague?

He seems to like pushing people and testing them, to see how they'll react with the new hints he drops. At least, that's how I see him right now.

Ah, of course. I was thinking of something else, but that's an apt way of describing that character, yeah.

NEO0MJ

I'm curious about this.
Why do you think it makes sense plotwise as to why he's so vague?

He seems to like pushing people and testing them, to see how they'll react with the new hints he drops. At least, that's how I see him right now.

NEO0MJ

So I just finished chapter 4 and am at chapter 5...
Why'd you have to sacrifice yourself, Gundham ;_;. What happened to his hamster, though?

And Nagito's death, holy fuck that was brutal. Sonia seems like the main suspect for now but it I also suspect Fuyuhiko.

So I just finished chapter 4 and am at chapter 5...
Why'd you have to sacrifice yourself, Gundham ;_;. What happened to his hamster, though?

And Nagito's death, holy fuck that was brutal. Sonia seems like the main suspect for now but it I also suspect Fuyuhiko.

About CH4
I think Sonia decided to take care of his hamsters. Sondam(Sonia x Gundam) is pretty much canon at this point.

About CH5

You have no idea what you're getting into.

NEO0MJ

Well, I was so wrong.
Waaay off about the killer. That Nagito is so dastardly. Still, I knew Chiaki was the traitor.
Her punishment was pretty funny, which was a relief. Most of them were pretty meh in this game

About CH4
I think Sonia decided to take care of his hamsters. Sondam(Sonia x Gundam) is pretty much canon at this point.

Yeah, they weren't subtle about that. Poor Soda.

Edit:
Post chapter 5 is getting freaky...

Alfredo

Okay, here's another Danganronpa fan work from yours truly, and this one doesn't have anything to do with wrestling!

Gundham Tanaka alpaca! Alpacanaka?

ChrisD

Chapter Five.
I played Danganronpa 1, and I still let myself get attached to a character. What a foolish thing to do. They were my favorite. ;-;

Tizoc

Well, I was so wrong.
Waaay off about the killer. That Nagito is so dastardly. Still, I knew Chiaki was the traitor.
Her punishment was pretty funny, which was a relief. Most of them were pretty meh in this game

Yeah, they weren't subtle about that. Poor Soda.

Edit:
Post chapter 5 is getting freaky...

So what do you think of dem post Chapter 5 stuff :p

NEO0MJ

Chapter Five.
I played Danganronpa 1, and I still let myself get attached to a character. What a foolish thing to do. They were my favorite. ;-;

Heh, never get attached to a character in this game.

So what do you think of dem post Chapter 5 stuff :p

It sure is something.
Giant Junko and returning cast! I felt really bad for thin Byakuya, he looked so unhealthy.

Deimo5

Trying to get through Hangman's Gambit without taking damage is a real exercise in frustration. The amount of times two letters crash into each other coming from the same side of the screen after half a second sucks.

Trying to get through Hangman's Gambit without taking damage is a real exercise in frustration. The amount of times two letters crash into each other coming from the same side of the screen after half a second sucks.

Do it once for the trophy, otherwise don't even bother. The later ones, it's pretty much impossible to not take damage.

got it in gentle difficulty of the first chapter .. were you trying to despair ?

Hoping you guys can answer this.

I'm picking this game up with a Vita TV when it's released in the UK on Friday. But I don't have a PS4 so I'll be playing it using a Dualshock 3.

Is there anything in DR2 that involves frequent / precise use of either the Vita touch screen or gyro features? If so, I'll probably need to buy a Dualshock 4 along with it.

Hoping you guys can answer this.

I'm picking this game up with a Vita TV when it's released in the UK on Friday. But I don't have a PS4 so I'll be playing it using a Dualshock 3.

Is there anything in DR2 that involves frequent / precise use of either the Vita touch screen or gyro features? If so, I'll probably need to buy a Dualshock 4 along with it.

Gyro isn't used in either danganronpa games.

Touch screen IS used but you can do just fine with the analog stick ( that was the control scheme on psp too ) .

ChrisD

Yeah, touchscreen controls kind of suck. They're way too finicky for the typically fast-paced nature of the Class Trials.

Jonnax

Just finished the first case and I gotta say this game has a million times more fanservice than the first game. It's pretty surprising because I felt that the first game strived to avoid it.

FluxWaveZ

Just finished the first case and I gotta say this game has a million times more fanservice than the first game. It's pretty surprising because I felt that the first game strived to avoid it.

They eventually tone it down by a huge margin, thankfully. There are still far more crude remarks compared to the first game throughout DR2, but the blatant crap you were seeing during the first case won't be happening as much, at least.

Jonnax

They eventually tone it down by a huge margin, thankfully. There are still far more crude remarks compared to the first game throughout DR2, but the blatant crap you were seeing during the first case won't be happening as much, at least.

Ah, that's good to hear. Because other than those moments it's been really good.

Audioboxer

Just completed the first game. Played around in the sandbox mode a little.

I have Danganronpa 2 ready to play. What's the general consensus, better than the first? As I own a PSTV I can play it on the big screen :)

Just completed the first game. Played around in the sandbox mode a little.

I have Danganronpa 2 ready to play. What's the general consensus, better than the first? As I own a PSTV I can play it on the big screen :)

Yeah, better than the first, though that's not a universal opinion. DR1 does some things better, but as a whole, DR2 blows it out of the water for me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just finished the second case.

That made me really feel bad for fuyuhiko. Also made me really like fuyuhiko's character.

Antiwhippy

Wait, wait, what.

Why isn't
the reason for mikan killing ibuki
explained at all?

I got so confused over this entire chapter.

Wichu

Wait, wait, what.

Why isn't
the reason for mikan killing ibuki
explained at all?

I got so confused over this entire chapter.

The hint to the Ch. 3 killing is that
Mikan's condition - the Remembering Disease - restored her school memories.
The rest is up to your imagination (OK, it's explained later, but it's good for some juicy speculation until then).

I must be missing something in rebuttal showdown. Sometimes my swipes wont register, even using the x button does nothing.
This minigame is the complete opposite of fun, terrible addition to the game.

PK Gaming

Rebuttal Showdown was probably my favorite DanganRonpa minigame. Maybe it's because I got Peko's Lightning Flash ability, but I never really struggled with it.

FluxWaveZ

Rebuttal Showdown is my favorite from a presentation standpoint. That level of wtf when you see it for the first is magical.

Yep, that and the moment (chapter 4):
Nagito initiates the Closing Argument before Hajime, with the music and everything.

Subverting players expectations on a systems/mechanical level is something I'd like to see more of in DR3.

Jintor

I hate them all, but I hate logic dive the least

Hangman's Gambit is okay-ish until you're trying to get the no-damage cheevo

Fucking having to shoot the contradictions really pisses me off since very often I know what to do but the fucking shit scrolls offscreen before you shoot it or the bullet reaches it or whatever

Antiwhippy

I hate hangman's gambit mostly because I have an idea of what they want but I have no idea what the specific phrase is most of the time.

I hate shooting white noises so much that I turned the Acton to gentle. Fuck. That. Shit.

Logic dive is tolerable.

Honestly would want a DR3 with no shitty minigames.

Kanra

Well, I platinum Danganronpa 2 the other day and it was a lot a of fun. Thanks for recommending these games you guys! This series has another fan now.

AniHawk

made it through chapter 2. finally. think i'm on pace to beat the game on friday or so. i can see why people prefer this to the first game.

Top Bottom