• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King testing hot dogs and corn dogs in Michigan and Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2015/05/burger-king-testing-grilled-hot-dogs.html

It appears Burger King is testing new Grilled Dogs out in Michigan and Maryland.

The new menu items were spotted by several readers, some of whom were kind enough to submit photos. Corn dogs are also being offered.

There are four varieties of hot dogs being tested: Classic, Rodeo, Chili Cheese, and A1-Ultimate.

The Classic comes topped with ketchup, mustard, relish, and chopped onions and is priced at $1.99.

The Rodeo features onion rings, a three-cheese blend, and BBQ sauce for $2.39.

The Chili Cheese includes chili and three-cheese blend and costs $2.39.

The A.1. Ultimate takes its cue from the burger of the same name and comes topped with bacon, three-cheese blend, and A.1. sauce. It's the most expensive of the bunch at $2.79.

The new Grilled Dogs sport a grill marks that suggest that they're cooked in the same broiler oven as Burger King's hamburger patties. They're also available in a combo that includes two hot dogs, fries, and a drink starting at $5.99.

The Corn Dogs are priced at $1.49.

yRuSuw1.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hot dogs are a dumb fast food item because they take like 3 minutes to make at your house

Corn dogs are amazing. They better fry to order because soggy corn dogs are a heinous crime. It will already be precooked, they just need to drop it in the fryer to reheat.

Rodeo & Chilli Cheese sound okay, but for some reason I'm weary of fast food sausage. I'm sure it's no lower quality than what I'm buying at a supermarket - but it weirds me out regardless.

Two dogs, fries, and drink for $6 is an alright deal, though...

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Huh? You can't put ketchup on hot dogs. It's physically impossible. The God of Taste won't allow it. It would be like combining socks with sandals, it just can't happen.

My girlfriend tried the corn dog at BK the other day (MD) and said, "Well, it tastes like a corn dog." I guess that's a plus?

Machine

Good luck BK, you'll need it. Testing this in Michigan is pretty dumb considering how ubiquitous coneys are. Not many Michiganders are going to go for dogs with ketchup or cheese on them.

PillarEN

I don't know man. We have Coney Island in Michigan and I can't wait to have a coney dog this summer. Only thing I want from BK is their Hershey's cake.

I remember going to Burger King last Friday and noticing that they had Hot Dogs now. I asked when did they start having this and it was apparently a couple days ago. I didn't order any to try it out, though.

I could go for that Rodeo one but only because I just recently learned to put extra onion rings on all the good BK burgers for awesomeness.

Meh Corn Dogs seem to be the crappy oven baked ones. If it was a good battered deep fried fair style corn dog I would be in.

Speaking of... our local soccer club in Charleston, SC has deep fried corn dogs. In the Sticky Fingers stand that also has ribs! Add in the freshly made candied pecans and almonds and any American could find a reason to go to a soccer match. Even in the South!

Go Battery ha

In a world that has brats, sausages, etc., why the fuck does anyone still eat hotdogs?

I don't know man. We have Coney Island in Michigan and I can't wait to have a coney dog this summer. Only thing I want from BK is their Hershey's cake.

Seriously what is the deal with Michiganers and Coneys? A) You have them fucking everywhere and B) They're terrible.

I feel like the whole population of the state of Michigan still lives in Michigan because they have no idea how much better life is almost everywhere else. Yes this is me being bitter about getting stuck in Michigan for the past year and a half.

Good luck BK, you'll need it. Testing this in Michigan is pretty dumb considering how ubiquitous coneys are. Not many Michiganders are going to go for dogs with ketchup or cheese on them.

Coneys are only somewhat popular in the Detroit area, and even then a plain dog with ketchup is just as common.

Dali

Not that I'd ever eat one of these but article fails to mention most important detail; Are they beef?

PillarEN

In a world that has brats, sausages, etc., why the fuck does anyone still eat hotdogs?

Seriously what is the deal with Michiganers and Coneys? A) You have them fucking everywhere and B) They're terrible.

I feel like the whole population of the state of Michigan still lives in Michigan because they have no idea how much better life is almost everywhere else. Yes this is me being bitter about getting stuck in Michigan for the past year and a half.

I love Michigan but no longer live there. Detroit Red Wings is all I need... and I enjoy the weather. Warm summers, cold snowy winters, decent amount of music acts come by the Detroit area, Cedar Point is like 2 hours away. If I don't want to visit the shithole that the actual city of Detroit is I can shuffle over to Chicago in 4 and a half hours.. Only thing I heavily dislike is the need for cars. I mean it's no surprise but it sucks. Unless you are in Ann Arbor.

Coney Dogs are good.

Machine

Coneys are only somewhat popular in the Detroit area, and even then a plain dog with ketchup is just as common.

Detroit, Flint, Jackson, Saginaw, Bay City, Midland, Lansing, Grand Rapids - coneys are more common than you seem to think, at least in the more densely populated areas of the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom