• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie hero e3 2015 trailer

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Game looks beautiful and the 3D implementation looks way better than Ducktales. Can't wait to play the final version.

Sevyne

I really love how they actually made it look better than the already good concept art. There was no way I wasn't going to back a Shantae game and I'm totally glad that I did.

gunstarhero

Pirates Curse is still in my top 5 games played this year - SO good.

Mad I missed the Kickstarter for this - but will buy day 1.

Blues1990

It looks phenomenal, and crab Shantae looks cute. I remember the developers mentioned that Shantae is going to have a multitude of new abilities in this new adventure, and they had listed several possible transformations during a couple of bran storm sessions (such as transforming into a dolphan or inflating like a balloon), so I can't wait to see what else she's capable of.

However, didn't she lose her genie abilities in the second game?

wuth

sörine;167273202 said:
Really makes me wish Inti had gone for sprites with MN9 and Bloodstained. This looks phenomenal.

The original concept art seemed to point in that direction as well...

It looks phenomenal, and crab Shantae looks cute. I remember the developers mentioned that Shantae is going to have a multitude of new abilities in this new adventure, and they had listed several possible transformations during a couple of bran storm sessions (such as transforming into a dolphan or inflating like a balloon), so I can't wait to see what else she's capable of.

However, didn't she lose her genie abilities in the second game?

There was a third game and she got them back.

Looks great.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I really think Pirate's Curse would have ended up on some GOTY top tens if more people had played it last year.

Gren

Cool. Still need to finish Risky's Revenge & buy Pirate's Curse one of these days.

Not sure if it's fair to compare other projects with this one; imo WayForward is one of the best when it comes to 2D animation.

This trailer reminded me I need to get around to finishing Pirate's Curse before Half-Genie hero gets released. This game is shaping up to be a really good one.

Cool. Still need to finish Risky's Revenge & buy Pirate's Curse one of these days.

Not sure if it's fair to compare other projects with this one; imo WayForward is one of the best when it comes to 2D animation.

It's probably specifically okay to compare this one, though, as IntiCreates helped WayForward with the spritework in Pirate's Curse.

The game looks much better than the early builds they were showing in their kickstarter video. The background art meshes better with the 2D sprites and the sprites seem to be better animated.

Psxphile

Idle changes between full life and not full life status.

I feel sorry for those mermaids... ;_;

I think you need to take a closer look:

ylP3xMk.png

It definitely has one of the finest final boss fights of games in its genre.

I didn't know there was more than one ending, though. How do you get the two?
defeat all the corrupted members of Risky's crew and collect the dark magic before facing the final boss. The dark magic is shantae's genie magic and it comes back to her once she faces the boss with it all.

defeat all the corrupted members of Risky's crew and collect the dark magic before facing the final boss. The dark magic is shantae's genie magic and it comes back to her once she faces the boss with it all.
If I remember correctly, you have to get all the Dark Magic guys and then face the final boss again to get a new cutscene.
I thought you couldn't even fight the final boss without all the Dark Magic. I remember I got there, and Risky said something like, "Go back and get the rest of the Dark Magic." Either that, or I showed up with it all already. Both memories seem equally plausible for some reason.

Kriken

Looks really good, just finished Pirate's Curse this week, glad I backed this. Just wish I had an early access key ;_;

Giolon

Game looks great. Animations look great an full of character. I can't wait for this to come out! It's too bad Mighty No. 9 couldn't have done something like this.

Sciz

I thought you couldn't even fight the final boss without all the Dark Magic. I remember I got there, and Risky said something like, "Go back and get the rest of the Dark Magic." Either that, or I showed up with it all already. Both memories seem equally plausible for some reason.

You can go for it anyway, but you only get to fight the first phase of the boss.

Top Bottom