• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision's working on fucking Donkey Kong (and Bowser) in Skylanders, pics included

Originally reported here but I think a new thread for all the assets and whatnot was necessary. ;)

https://plus.google.com/photos/100897269181428380079/albums/6161193214553922145

All are here for browsing and downloading. Optionally you can grab the whole press kit file here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hl3fsq8a1a1dsxa/Skylanders®_SuperChargers.zip

Some choice pics:

IGINxTA.jpg
d5MGH7k.jpg

JFt1UXN.jpg
MLCsac1.jpg

wvDhJOG.jpg
PgfOexB.jpg

Out whenever (actually it's out on September 20th!).

Inspired by some suggestions based on an old classic, mod said it was good to post. ;)

Oregano

I wish the compatibility was more robust but they look really good. I like that Diddy manages to sneak his way in.

It got me to buy a Skylanders game, so I guess Activision/Nintendo succeeded in the partnership...Really want the Bowser more than the DK tho :\
There was a ton of footage for bowser on treehouse live. He looks legit

Chairhome

Theyre doing what to him?
Joking aside, are they available separately, too? I don't want to have to buy the 3ds starter just for Bowser

My guess is that Activision wanted exclusive figures in exchange for giving exclusive content to one version for the first time. If they supported Amiibo there's no way to know if the work they did on characters would result in increased sales.

This way they can get in on the Amiibo craze and by making them exclusive to bundles they can sale multiple figures and the game to the Amiibo crazy.

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
If Nintendo could just go ahead and make an action/platformer game like Skylanders where you used the amiibos, that'd be great.

Yeah, it was shown off during their event and in the Treehouse stream. It looks nice, but I'm not sure I want to collect Skylanders.

Mory Dunz

Heh Wii Version comes with an Amiibo.

I know it works both ways but yea

EDIT:
I could see this being pretty big depending on marketing.

deleted

Both getting bundles is pretty smart with the Amiibo craze going on.

The design also reminds me of Strikers Charged.

L Thammy

Did they have any pictures of Magma Bowser? I don't really care about Skylanders or Amiibo but that's cool. It looked like Burning Godzilla.

2885055-meltdown1ina8b.jpg

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
f*cking mine. only issue is that I'd buy the wii u starter pack but I'd want also the bowser figure

fhqwhgads

Both getting bundles is pretty smart with the Amiibo craze going on.

The design also reminds me of Strikers Charged.
Was thinking the same thing, especially with the Bowser armour. Pretty cool designs, I liked the Activision rep talking about how fun it was to make new concepts for the game.

PSqueak

Banned
Making "Other toys to life that double" as amiibos is a genius move from Activision/Nintendo and i hope Disney gets on it for a Wreck it Ralph Infinity themed thingy.

I hope they make more characters tho, it's insane that this is the 3rd version of bowser we're getting.

Please sell these separately. I dont want to buy two starter packs for skylanders.

Oh yeah, because THAT'S likely.

The second they do that, people will try to connect them to the X360/XO/PS3/PS4 versions of the game, meaning that you'll suddenly get DK and Bowser on a non-Nintendo platform.

Methinks Nintendo will put down their massive boot on that one.

Watch the Treehouse bit on this yesterday, lots of development footage and sketches, talk about how they planned to use Giga-Bowser (but Nintendo told them to come up with something new), it was pretty cool.

At one point Bowser's hammer could summon a row of Thwomps.

Son Of D

Oh yeah, because THAT'S likely.

The second they do that, people will try to connect them to the X360/XO/PS3/PS4 versions of the game, meaning that you'll suddenly get DK and Bowser on a non-Nintendo platform.

Methinks Nintendo will put down their massive boot on that one.

Or people will try and scan them on a non-Nintendo platform and the game will say "incompatible figurine" since I highly doubt the data for DK and Bowser will be on the disc of those versions.

Top Bottom