• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox bundles are coming Monday, September 28th!

a custom fallout 4 console would probably sell out in an hour

that loot crate thing was getting 15000 requests PER SECOND
so yeah any custom fallout 4 console would sell very fast!!!
need to hit up my gamestop.. will put money on something and my manager will hold it for me, fallout 4 console
I really like my current gamestop manager
I already have the Halo 5 prebought, but I can always find use for a third xbox, somehow

iBlue

I just bought an Xbox one with gears of war!

Do you guys recommend alien isolation? It's 20 bucks for good members.

Im not getting it for the bigger hard drive..I already have a 4TB external drive that works just fine with it. I just figure with the new 1TB drives maybe it makes the system overall run faster. That is what I had read before, that the release XBOX ONE consoles do run slower than the consoles that have come out recently

The external drives will run faster than any internal drive microsoft has in the 1tb models. The usb3 inputs of the external drives are faster than the sata connection in the actual system.

Don't know where you read that but they are wrong. Your 4tb external is already faster than the stock 1tb internal models.

That's one:
CP_Rem0WwAAuYOT.png

From https://twitter.com/XboxItalia/status/648467195295567872/photo/1

What's interesting is the tweet says "out November the 3rd", while the game is coming out the 13th (at least in Europe). So I presume that's another early digital code like the one in the Halo 5 CE.

jbug617

Banned
Tomb Raider Bundle ($399) is exclusive to Microsoft Stores and Best Buy

1TB hard drive, so fans can play and store more games than ever
Full-game download of the highly anticipated and Holiday 2015 Xbox exclusive Rise of the Tomb Raider
The exclusive Tactical Survival Kit Content Pack, which contains a new outfit and weapon skin for Lara
Full-game download of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, the HD remake of 2013’s critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider

http://news.xbox.com/2015/09/xbox-o...-bundle?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

http://news.xbox.com/2015/09/xbox-o...-bundle?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

FIRST IS RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER
This holiday, Xbox is offering unmatched value and choice for gamers with a diverse mix of bundles starting at $349. Every day this week, we’re adding new Xbox bundles to our holiday lineup, giving fans more ways to experience the greatest games lineup in Xbox history. Today, we’re pleased to announce the Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle – the ultimate Tomb Raider experience that’s perfect for Tomb Raider fans around the world as well as gamers new to the critically acclaimed survival-action series. The bundle features:

•1TB hard drive, so fans can play and store more games than ever
•Full-game download of the highly anticipated and Holiday 2015 Xbox exclusive Rise of the Tomb Raider
•The exclusive Tactical Survival Kit Content Pack, which contains a new outfit and weapon skin for Lara
•Full-game download of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, the HD remake of 2013’s critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider

Featuring epic, high-octane action moments set in the most beautiful and hostile environments on earth, Rise of the Tomb Raider delivers a cinematic survival action adventure where you will join Lara Croft on her first tomb raiding expedition as she seeks to discover the secret of immortality. The Tactical Survivor Pack, available exclusively in the Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox One bundle, equips Lara with a new outfit, upgraded abilities and spec-ops tactical gear taken from enemy forces.

The Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle will be available starting in November for $399 USD. Discover the Legend Within only on Xbox this holiday, exclusively available at Microsoft stores and Best Buy in the U.S. and participating retailers in all markets where Xbox One is sold except Canada, China and the UK.

Game won't unlock until 12:01 on the 13th. They'll be sitting in-line like the rest of us who pre-loaded DD.

you could play Forza a week early, those that got the console
so I would assume the same for this one. I am asking about the Halo 5 bundle as we get that early as well, I assume I can play it early but trying to get that verified

LUXURY

I also hate deals that give me more for my money. High five!

Hey, I'm all for a deal. My main comment was to designed consoles and controllers that have logos and other graphics plastered on them. Solid colors are cool but themed graphics aren't for me.

Velikost

you could play Forza a week early, those that got the console
so I would assume the same for this one. I am asking about the Halo 5 bundle as we get that early as well, I assume I can play it early but trying to get that verified

No you can't play Halo 5 early, and I doubt you'll be able to play TR early as well

texore

The external drives will run faster than any internal drive microsoft has in the 1tb models. The usb3 inputs of the external drives are faster than the sata connection in the actual system.

Don't know where you read that but they are wrong. Your 4tb external is already faster than the stock 1tb internal models.
What about for navigating the OS such as view achievements or how long it takes to boot up the system?

To many choices IMO. Is that good?

It depends largely on whether any are region specific I guess?

The TR bundle is MS Store/Best Buy only and not available in the UK (which is increasingly strange), theres lots of choices but if they spread themselves between: Marketed games: Fallout 4, Rainbow 6, Just Cause 3(?) then exclusives: Halo 5, Tomb Raider and then something for the younger audiences - Minecraft/Lego or even Forza given its age rating, that could be a good spread of choice for them.

I think they must have a better/different Tomb Raider bundle available in the UK though

Se_7_eN

i don't see the tomb raider bundle doing to well

That makes two of us... With the great games out now, and continuously coming out into the beginning of next year. I don't see people being held up on great titles to play.

By the time they are, it sounds like it will be out on PS4.

Chris1

It depends largely on whether any are region specific I guess?

The TR bundle is MS Store/Best Buy only and not available in the UK (which is increasingly strange), theres lots of choices but if they spread themselves between: Marketed games: Fallout 4, Rainbow 6, Just Cause 3(?) then exclusives: Halo 5, Tomb Raider and then something for the younger audiences - Minecraft/Lego or even Forza given its age rating, that could be a good spread of choice for them.

I think they must have a better/different Tomb Raider bundle available in the UK though

They must have a better/different tomb raider bundle period. It's store exclusive and missing out on the biggest retailer in US, the very first announced bundle (they'll save the best for last) and it doesn't even seem to be worldwide. They didn't buy TR exclusivity to do a bundle like that, I can't see that bundle being a big seller at all.

Honestly that bundle just makes me think even more that Chobel is right and there will be a fallout 4 + rise of the tr bundle.

Honestly that bundle just makes me think even more that Chobel is right and there will be a fallout 4 + rise of the tr bundle.

Do they often do bundles with new games split across different publishers?

MS do it for their 360 bundles iirc, but they are usually games that are 6 months to 1 year old, I'm not sure they would do that for two new big releases

Chris1

Do they often do bundles with new games split across different publishers?

MS do it for their 360 bundles iirc, but they are usually games that are 6 months to 1 year old, I'm not sure they would do that for two new big releases
Technically that TR bundle is split across different publishers... Square Enix and Microsoft.

I know what you mean.. I just posted in the other topic maybe TR + Just cause 3 (pre order code of course), which may make more sense since they're both from SE but FO4 releases on the same date and is sure to be a big hit and move bundles so it's more likely imo. Including a pre order code seems really weird but who knows since both games are seemingly set out to die.

I don't think this is the end of the TR bundle though they have to have something bigger coming up, makes no sense if this is all they're going to do with it.

Vinc

Predictions for the next few bundles:

Halo MCC + Halo 5 - 1 TB - 399
Forza Horizon 2 + Forza 6 - 1 TB - 399
Fallout 3 + 4 - 1 TB - 399
Madden or another sports game + EA Access - 1 TB - 399

Bsigg12

It would be crazy but I want to see a $500 bundle that has 1TB console, Halo 5, Fallout 4 and Tomb Raider and maybe a 3 month Xbox Live Gold card. Call it the Ultimate Xbox One Bundle or something.

rhino4evr

Predictions for the next few bundles:

Halo MCC + Halo 5 - 1 TB - 399
Forza Horizon 2 + Forza 6 - 1 TB - 399
Fallout 3 + 4 - 1 TB - 399
Madden or another sports game + EA Access - 1 TB - 399

The press statement said "starting at $349" so there will be a $349 option.

Anyone think gamestops recent "we will no longer sell bundles with digital codes" was directly related to this announcement? Notice it says this bundle is available at Best Buy.

Bsigg12

The press statement said "starting at $349" so there will be a $349 option.

Anyone think gamestops recent "we will no longer sell bundles with digital codes" was directly related to this announcement? Notice it says this bundle is available at Best Buy.

No because it's also not available at Target or Walmart. I think rather than flooding all retailers with the same bundles, they're going to have 2 that go out to all, 1 unique at each specific retailer and then all of them from the various retailers plus another at the Microsoft Store.

Yeah... I'll probably go with whatever is the cheapest on Black Friday. I appreciate bundles as an option, but I'd still rather take an ultra cheap, no-frills, base model if given the option. Unless they want to include a bundle where I can choose any game I want.

Vinc

Does it run/looks good on Xbox one? I also have a ps4.
I have the same dilemma as you! Itchy finger on the trigger right now. I did some research and the Xbox One versions looks on par with PC Ultra and PS4 (1080p with all the bells and whistles), but it's the only version with framerate and tearing issues. Doesn't sound too bad from what I gather... pretty much just hesitating because I'm halfway expecting it to be on PS+ soonish.

there will be 8 bundles
halo 5, elite-not sure they count,
tomb raider
so that leaves 5 or 7 more
the person will not tell me more than that

rhino4evr

A Xbox 360 500 GB + Lego Dimensions bundle for 199$ would be great.

I wouldn't expect any 360 bundles.
They are trying to phase that system out. Not encourage more sales. 360 had a huge base, the goal now is to get that base onto the One.

Also as I stated earlier. Press release says starting at $349

Top Bottom