• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox bundles are coming Monday, September 28th!

Hawk269

Well one of them will be a kids friendly bundle featuring Lego. It will not be a Lego Dimensions bundle, but other Lego game or game(s), 500gb HDD, Controller etc. Not sure as of yet of the other bundles.

Hawk269

Am I the only one that thinks these bundles are tacky and tiresome?

Yeah, I think you the only one.

I mean, what is the issue with offering consumers a variety of pack in downloadable games to choose from? Same thing with some having 500gb HDD or 1TB HDD. If you want more room and don't want to add an external, nothing wrong with having one with a 500gb vs. a 1TB model.

etta

my hard graphic balls
That will not happen since Sony has marketing rights.
They could have a plain white console + choice of free game (with massive hints at Star Wars). Won't have any design, but close enough.
Hell, since the console is plain, they could sell that for $299.

I want to upgrade my XBOX ONE(500GB) so will probably have to do this at gamestop..I want a 1TB bundle but I dont want the digital download I prefer a disc, I asked Gamestop about this today since I read a while back that they will be including disc versions in their bundles instead of digital downloads and no one knew what the heck I was talking about

Halo 5 got its own special console so that's a no

Tomb raider
Fallout 4
Rainbow 6
And just cause 3

Or.....Fallout 4 x Tomb Raider combo bundle
banderas.png

Yup, otherwise they won't stock it.

The physical games are what are going to be included with all of the upcoming bundles right? I want the HALO 5 bundle but it says on their web site that it comes with the digital download..no one at gamestop knew anything about the disc version bundles will there be two versions of each bundle?

ZhugeEX

Banned
The physical games are what are going to be included with all of the upcoming bundles right? I want the HALO 5 bundle but it says on their web site that it comes with the digital download..no one at gamestop knew anything about the disc version bundles will there be two versions of each bundle?

Well the digital versions will be sold as standard at all retailers.

For third party games in bundles we'll see gamestop provide the physical disc only.

Well the digital versions will be sold as standard at all retailers.

For third party games in bundles we'll see gamestop provide the physical disc only.

Yeah because at gamestop so far all Im seeing is the one that comes with the digital download and gamestop today told me that the digital download is embedded with the system so they cant remove it..so how would it work, if I want the HALO 5 bundle with the physical disc would it come as a separate bundle(Because its weird how the disc version comes out a week AFTER the bundle)

ZhugeEX

Banned
Yeah because at gamestop so far all Im seeing is the one that comes with the digital download and gamestop today told me that the digital download is embedded with the system so they cant remove it..so how would it work, if I want the HALO 5 bundle with the physical disc would it come as a separate bundle(Because its weird how the disc version comes out a week AFTER the bundle)

I don't know about the Halo bundle. As it's first party software it looks like it's just the digital code being supplied in that case.

I don't know about the Halo bundle. As it's first party software it looks like it's just the digital code being supplied in that case.

Yeah would really love the halo bundle but dont want a digital download, really want the disc, so if I cant get that then I guess I will have to go for another bundle than that includes a disc version of a game

labaronx

Looks like Microsoft is going with bundles this holiday. But 7 -9 seems kinda excessive

Madden and fifa bundles will likely be phased out by mid October

Guesses

A standard halo 5 bundle 500gb w halo collection 349
A tomb raider bundle 500 gb 349
A fallout 3 bundle 500gb 349
A kinect bundle with a few free games for 399
A kid friendly bundle ????

Actually the 5 bundles they will announce will be like the best rappers alive. They will spit hot fire.

1. Dylon
2. Dylon
3. Dylon
4. Dylon
And
5. Dylon

Kanokare

So these bundles are actually coming out next week or just being announced? Cause if they're being revealed day by day it sounds like announcement.

Yoday

I want to upgrade my XBOX ONE(500GB) so will probably have to do this at gamestop..I want a 1TB bundle but I dont want the digital download I prefer a disc, I asked Gamestop about this today since I read a while back that they will be including disc versions in their bundles instead of digital downloads and no one knew what the heck I was talking about
Do people actually buy a whole new console for a bigger HDD? Dude, seriously, just get an external drive and plug it in. You can get a 4TB drive for $130, or a small 2TB one that doesn't need a power adapter for around $100. I got two cheap $10 laptop drive enclosures, popped in some spare drives, and now I have a 2TB system. They just plug into the back USB ports, and they are so small you can't even see them behind the system.

Kanokare

They're being announced. Likely also available for pre order.

Thanks. Now I hope I can pre order with the console trade in deal at Best Buy :) Trade in my 250gb 360 for 75 dollar credit plus another 75 dollar credit that must be redeemed that week.

Do people actually buy a whole new console for a bigger HDD? Dude, seriously, just get an external drive and plug it in. You can get a 4TB drive for $130, or a small 2TB one that doesn't need a power adapter for around $100. I got two cheap $10 laptop drive enclosures, popped in some spare drives, and now I have a 2TB system. They just plug into the back USB ports, and they are so small you can't even see them behind the system.

Im not getting it for the bigger hard drive..I already have a 4TB external drive that works just fine with it. I just figure with the new 1TB drives maybe it makes the system overall run faster. That is what I had read before, that the release XBOX ONE consoles do run slower than the consoles that have come out recently

Yoday

Im not getting it for the bigger hard drive..I already have a 4TB external drive that works just fine with it. I just figure with the new 1TB drives maybe it makes the system overall run faster. That is what I had read before, that the release XBOX ONE consoles do run slower than the consoles that have come out recently
Strange, I've never heard of anything like that, and I can't imagine a slight update to the HDD cache or whatever might be different would make much of a difference. I would think how full your HDD is would matter more than any slight change in the model of HDD. Unless you are talking about the elite model coming out. That will be a little faster when it comes to the OS, but even that will likely be such a slight speed boost that most people wouldn't even notice it. Personally I would wait until the new UI drops and see if that makes the difference you are looking for.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I picked up my Gears XBO bundle a week ago knowing I'd be missing out on some great deals but I really didn't want to wait anymore. Love my purchase and am looking forward to catching up on titles I missed (Witcher 3, Sunset Overdrive) and future titles (Halo 5, Crackdown)

A couple of gripes I have:

1.) Now that Gears is installed I'll never be able to sell it. I knew that going in and I'm still going to buy a physical copy when it's $5-$10 because I like to have physical copies of games I own and GoW1 is one of my most played games of all time. But I really don't like the fact that MS, Sony and Nintendo continue to bundle game cards with codes on them as opposed to a case. I really like GameStop's approach to telling the big 3 to include physical copies. I knew when I was installing Gears I wasn't going to be able to resell it but this is one of the major issues I have with digital downloads. If you have the option always go physical copy because you can always resell the game.

2.) I bought a Wii U a few months ago but overall I'm not used to installing games onto hard drives on consoles. I wasn't gaming much for a few years outside of some Dark Souls and some PC games but I didn't realize how little 500 GB would be. Gears of War: UE alone has taken 49 GBs of memory and in hindsight I should've picked up the Madden 1 TB bundle or the MCC 1TB bundle. From what I've read though adding external memory to Xbox One is pretty simple so it won't be a problem in the long run.

dreamfall

My brother bought me the FIFA 16 Bundle just two days ago. I was so excited to have an XBO in time for Tomb Raider, and also to replay some Gears multi and finally try out Sunset Overdrive. I wonder if they'll do any themed consoles- I like those, they make each individual title feel really special. Does anyone know if they're doing any upcoming special controllers?

It's nice to finally be fortunate enough to be a multi-console owner for this generation. I'm really excited about exploring new games on the XBO!

Xando

I bet the gears/madden/FIFA bundles disappear pretty quickly as the holiday bundles hit

I doubt they're gonna throw out the Fifa bundle anytime soon. With COD not being a Xbox bundle anymore Fifa and Halo will probably be the main sales driver in europe.

This will probably be a Fallout bundle.

I swear they do a limited edition Fallout Xbox and I may need to bite!!!

But bundles are great. Friend is waiting for a good deal on an Xbox one so hopefully soon.

Forza 6/Horizon 2 bundle would be pretty awesome. Personally I think if they want to maximise their sales potential then they should do a $349 Halo 5 bundle, I'm not sure how it would affect their LE console at $499 (probably wouldn't do it any favours tbh) but it would be huge for them which is what they need. Its not like the game won't sell well on its own to recoup development costs

They don't even need to include MCC if it doesn't suit them

Top Bottom