• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision's working on fucking Donkey Kong (and Bowser) in Skylanders, pics included

Mory Dunz

wvDhJOG.jpg

Donkey K. Luffy

Or just...Monkey D. (as in Donkey) Luffy. ;)

Though he's an ape.

For everyone talking abnout DK's choice of clothing. These are designed to look like they belong in the Skylanders universe while still clearly being Nintenod characters. Sort of like Spyro...

Can you buy bowser seperate? I don't wanna buy two starter packs
I don't want to buy a Wii game in 2015 :(

It's pretty sad that this is actually one of the better looking WiiU games presented yesterday...

Anyway, Bowser Treehouse footage. Links starts where one of the VV-guys starts talking about working with Nintendo.

https://youtu.be/iCfveS35PF8?t=23m20s
The Treehouse live segment had some really cool bits such as showing off concept art (including reject ideas such as Bowser armed with a chain chomp), the games test areas and some of the testing ideas they had (how many Koopa Troopers should Bowser summon, some other summons which were going to be used instead).

Felensis

Banned
The style of Bowser and DK is just plain awesomeness. Never was interested in Skylanders, but heard a lot of good things about the game itself. Buying all this figurines is a major turn-off nevertheless, but I can imagine to dip in with Superchargers.

How is the consensus on Skylanders, GAF?
Do I have to play the predecessors? Am I required to buy all figurines to get the full experiences?

char_6334.jpg

Please enlighten me, thanks :D

sonto340

Stupid. I already own Donkey Kong and Bowser amiibos. I was one small decision away from buying my first skylanders game.

Top Bottom