• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Grinder |OT| Not the App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothless

I just saw the pilot and second episode on Fox's site, and I found it much funnier than Grandfathered. Lowe and Savage have great chemistry, plus it has the always excellent William DeVane. Could see this becoming a really fun show. New episodes are Tuesdays on Fox at 8:30/7:30c.

The-Grinder.jpg

kulapik

Someone should make a Grindr OT with the title "" Not the show"

I've heard a lot of good reviews about this show, should give it a shot.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
really good first 2 episodes, wasnt expecting it tbh

TripOpt55

Really good so far. Rob Lowe's delivery is really fantastic. And Fred Savage is really hilarious with his incredulous reactions to how everyone else reacts to Lowe's character. Love the way it pokes fun at law shows too.

This is my favorite new comedy. Great cast. Great performances. The chemistry between Lowe, Savage and Devane is really wonderful.

I love how Lowe's Dad is a lawyer but still goes along with everything. He's always really excited for Lowe's ideas.

I don't know what kind of life this show will have but the 1st few episodes are pretty, pretty good.

I've been DVRing this since it started and finally watched the pilot yesterday. Was shocked at how much I enjoyed it (in stark contrast to the absolutely terrible Grandfathered). Excited to catch up.

coleco

So far they are pulling it off. It's on the simple silly side without much ambition and could go to shit at any moment but so far so good. The character really fits Lowe.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
This show is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever seen. I love it.

Who knew that Number 2 and The Mole would be so good together?

Monocle

Do I post my dickpics here or send them to the OP? I think you'll all really enjoy how I've accessorized.

Just watched the first four episodes of this show on a whim because it was DVR'd. It's pretty good. Simple, silly, and funny. I enjoyed it a lot.

Also, if the season one finale isn't about Dean being on trial, representing himself, for practicing law without a license, then I will be furious.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I had never heard of this show until Fred Savage was on last week's episode of the Comedy Bang! Bang! podcast. Scott gave it a ringing endorsement, so I have been meaning to check it out.

chris121580

The show is great. Both it and Life in Pieces are my new favorite shows. The delivery of lines in The Grinder is so good. Fred Savage and his wife play so well off of each other

faridmon

Love this show, the simple dialogue is both charming and funny and the chemistry between all involved is top notch.

Also, is it just me or is the young kid (the boy) a bloody fantastic actor?

Seesaw15

I don't know what it is but I find Mary Elizabeth Ellis' facial acting/responses to her children to be the funniest thing ever.
Oe4QlPi.png

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I hope Olyphant guest stars again. Always great to see him in something again.

Unless it was...

Justified.

Aiii

So not worth it
I like the show, but there isn't much to it that there's to discuss. It just has one and done storylines every episode and that's that.

coleco

I don't know if it was a good idea to
kill Lowe in the Grinder. It makes the show lose a great source of stupidity but I guess they can just as easily bring him back again in an even more stupid twist.
Great little show.

Seriously, Olyphant made this show like 3 times better. The whole plot with him was hilarious. Even the stupid shots of the show were funnier. The 2 of them making out on the corpse was crazy.

DaveH

This show is terrible at first since the POV character is on an island by himself, but by the time Natalie Morales (the actress not the anchor), the show is a little more balanced in showing The Grinder's foibles and the all-around care. Before that, it's like those frustratingly unjust Looney Toons, at little later it's a more well-rounded sitcom.

It's still a little over-the-top, but mostly easy watching.

Trident

Loaded With Aspartame
This show is terrible at first since the POV character is on an island by himself, but by the time Natalie Morales (the actress not the anchor), the show is a little more balanced in showing The Grinder's foibles and the all-around care. Before that, it's like those frustratingly unjust Looney Toons, at little later it's a more well-rounded sitcom.

It's still a little over-the-top, but mostly easy watching.

Yeah, I found the first episode funny but frustrating, but Natalie's character was a huge plus. Maybe the funniest new show of the season - either this or Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. I really hope it doesn't get canceled.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
"We. Never. Said. Black. Girlfriend."

Olyphant cracks me up. When Stew said he was the evil brother and Olyphant just said "Wow" and walked off, I died. Lol.

A step down from the THanks episode, but still great.

The THanks one, though, is the best single comedy episode this year.

Need a GIF of Stu quickly reiterating his mother's arm strength.

"Is that a thing? Please let that be a thing."

This really is a show directly brought to you by the creators of Hollywood Handbook.

big ander

This show has really hit its stride in the last 4-5 episodes—which is damn quick for a sitcom. Shadow Boys was very funny and weird, Buckingham Malice had a Nathan Fielder guest spot and was therefore the greatest. But the show really came into its own with the Thanksgiving and Grinder Rests in Peace eps. it's now a show with a distinct dynamic and a well-defined ensemble, and it's packed with jokes. love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom