• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Grinder |OT| Not the App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit1

So glad this is back. My favorite comedy recently, everyone in it is hilarious and having Olyphant in as himself is just golden.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Can Olyphant become a regular on this show. He's hilarious and this makes Justified being over more bearable.

This show is so meta. Shifting the focus of the story haha. Also, this has the most entertaining kids I've seen in a show in the longest time.

TripOpt55

Really funny episode. I love the characters watching the show within the show and how it pokes fun at stuff they are doing (like this week and the two-parter). Other funny stuff:

-Dean walking away even though he drove his car there and his brother questioning that very thing.
-Grindsight is 20/20.

Love this show.

Santiako

Today's episode was unbelievable, the whole trial to see who was the best fake lawyer was amazing.

Best new comedy this year by far!

Yeah, that episode was fantastic. I was laughing at the end of the mock-court scene and basically said "that was the dumbest thing ever" in my head at the exact same time Claire said it out loud.

I loved the "it's still real to me, dammit" reference this week. Steve Little kills it in everything.

Nobody watches this show, huh? Sad it probably won't make a Season 2, it's unquestionably the best show on Fox's "comedy night."

big ander

This week's ep was hysterical. really involved the whole ensemble in a wonderful way, everybody got a moment.

I'm hopeful Fox'll renew it. it has so much positive WOM and the ratings aren't catastrophic. it's the kind of show that could catch on in a big way with the right kind of push.

Holy shit, his origins this week. This show is hilariously amazing, I really hate that it's bombing.

Me too. I love the show. I can't believe Grandfathered is beating it, that show is just horrible.

Anyhow I was thinking that if they ever made the actual Grinder as in the TV Show within the show, I'd watch the shit out of that.

big ander

Laid it on thick at the end too lol. super funny episode. Dean saying Claire's people were workerbees was hilarious, kids were great. Also loved that exchange shouted across the house: "Good night." "Good night." "Love you...I love you!" "Love you too."

EDIT: I really wish this were gonna be around for a second season but it's not looking that way at all. Such a great show that I'd like to think could really grow in a second season if people caught up with it over the hiatus and if the buzz continued to rise. ah well.

I'm with Dean's mom, I want season 2 to focus on Timothy Olyphant retiring from his Ginder role after one season.

The Grinder vs. Grinder episode was too good. Audiences couldn't handle it :(

If only there was going to be a S2. This is the best comedy nobody's watching. It approaches Arrested Development at times.

big ander

Pretty great finale. Claire just walking away during Dean's speech, the twins (knew there had to be a reason one of the Lucas bros was around), the hand signals during court. Fitting capper to what'll probably be a one-and-done show, though if it came back I'd be psyched.

Kronotech

There hasn't been a show like this in a long time to make me laugh this hard. I'm so confused at the low ratings. The critics love this show. Why is no one else watching this? If they get another season, how do they grow? Adding another full time celebrity to the cast? Throwing them on Sunday night? Something needs to grab new eyes.

The finale was perfect.

Well there weren't many of us but at least we can point to this thread when the LTTP ones start to pop up. I will miss this wonderful show that was far too clever for most of TV-watching America.

Not surprised, but still sad. Lowe and Savage were great together, and I really enjoyed the supporting cast. Glad it wrapped up fairly nicely with the finale, at least.

Tangeroo

Well there weren't many of us but at least we can point to this thread when the LTTP ones start to pop up. I will miss this wonderful show that was far too clever for most of TV-watching America.

Yeah, so I'm one of the ones to blame. I never gave this show a shot when it came out but I started watching it on Hulu thanks to all the positive vibe I've heard (mostly from the cancelled tv shows thread) and I absolutely love it. I really hope this gets picked up somewhere.

Yeah, so I'm one of the ones to blame. I never gave this show a shot when it came out but I started watching it on Hulu thanks to all the positive vibe I've heard (mostly from the cancelled tv shows thread) and I absolutely love it. I really hope this gets picked up somewhere.
I think you're close enough to the end of the show to not be considered among the unwashed, so welcome. Though I haven't heard even a peep of it being rescued, so I think this grinder sadly rests for good.

oatmeal

Banned
Just watched through it this week on Netflix.

Great show.

I can see the Better Off Ted resemblance, very similar sense of humor.

I"m kind of glad it didn't continue, it's a show that could get too formulaic quick, like Modern Family.

big ander

It already overcame its formula a couple times in the first season so I have no doubt they could've kept it up. the show was much more Arrested Development-like, with everything being a reflexive commentary on the show itself

Good more people are catching up though. I'm sure this is even just the first wave, confident in a couple years people will still be finding it on netflix and not even realize it's an old canceled show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom