• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces $299 PS4 + Uncharted Collection Black Friday bundle

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/668806406976368641

CUgT4dIVAAAsdUc.jpg:large

ElTorro

Glad they made it official. I was worried that all of retail were just playing games w/ me.

Oh, didn't follow the retail threads. Thought it was "real" news, since it just popped up on the official channels.

Boke1879

Nice to see confirmation and it's nice to know it'll be from Thursday-Monday. Sales should be very good for the industry this month.

I saw this during Sunday Night Football last night, a sizzle real with Destiny, Uncharted Collection, Star Wars and I think Black Ops 3 followed by that price. First time I have seen them advertising the price on TV.

I saw commercials galore for this on Sunday (American) Football.

They are not messing around this year for Black Friday.

(edit: Beaten by the topic above mine! Damn you 3rdamention :p )

Oh, didn't follow the retail threads. Thought it was "real" news, since it just popped up on the official channels.

Nah, just jabbing ya. It's listed at $299 at EVERY major retailer though. Has been for a while.

They also did that w/ the GTA V bundle last BF if I'm not mistaken, at $349 tho.....

Elixist

it seems that people dont care too much about uncharted collection. i think it was a mistake to go all in on it and not offer other games as well in different bundles.

ElTorro

Weak offer.
Why not Battlefront bundle?

it seems that people dont care too much about uncharted collection. i think it was a mistake to go all in on it and not offer other games as well in different bundles.

I have a general feeling that Sony doesn't feel like they need to compete too hard with Microsoft, given their worldwide sales. They are probably fine with "losing" the holiday sales for higher profit margins.

This bundle is selling on its price.

The other bundles are the ones selling on the brand. (Star Wars and CoD)

Guymelef

Yep, game/bundle did poorly on NPD, seems like Sony prefers possible future Uncharted 4 buyers than sell consoles.

Boke1879

The bundle is selling for $299. That's what people are buying it for. They just happen to get 3 Uncharted games with it. It'll sell amazing.

and the Battlefront Bundle costs $350. If someone wants that they can get it as well. It's not breaking the bank for them to spend an extra 50 bucks.

Elios83

I have a general feeling that Sony doesn't feel like they need to compete too hard with Microsoft, given their worldwide sales. They are probably fine with "losing" the holiday sales for higher profit margins.

Except that they aren't losing anything here on the contrary they are well positioned to win everywhere this holiday season.
Also PS4 at 299$ with a collection of three games is FAR from weak.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Weak offer.
Why not Battlefront bundle?

You say weak offer. Meanwhile, here in Sweden the equivalent bundle is $402. And yes, that's after the price drop. But oh well, it always sucks to be European with these things.

Get new console to play old game.

Bad bundle IMO.

It's an amazing remaster though, looks better than most proper new-gen games. So if you haven't played them before, why not?

ElTorro

They should also offer Battleftont bundle for the same price.

Battlefront is likely too expensive. Bloodborne would have been pretty attractive, especially with the DLC release in a few days.

Guymelef

I said weak bundle because there is another option (SW bundle) that would sell a lot better.

Is the same for Xbox One, selling Gears bundle for $299 instead of Tomb raider for example.

Boke1879

How is this a weak offer? its $299 for the first time.

GAF tends to be out of tune with the mainstream populace. Consumers this Holiday are looking at price. And that is an attractive price.

It's all about what the kids want. If kids are telling their parents they want the Battlefront bundle parents will cough up that extra $50 to get it.

GlamFM

Banned
You say weak offer. Meanwhile, here in Sweden the equivalent bundle is $402. And yes, that's after the price drop. But oh well, it always sucks to be European with these things.

It's an amazing remaster though, looks better than most proper new-gen games. So if you haven't played them before, why not?

I know it is - I just don´t think that´s the right bundle for Black Friday.

It´s a game that big chunks of your target audience have played already.

If you want to bring people over a remaster is a bad idea IMO.

Thankfully, these PS4s are able to play other games too.

As far as I´m concerned the PS4 can only play Destiny

Top Bottom