• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes now out on iOS and Android

Moff

Finally got my last 2 Dooku shards today, and promptly got him to gear lvl 4 for that sweet counter attack action.

Also, who do people recommend grabbing from arena shards now that I have Sidious?

I kept upgrading sidious.
his no-heal debuff makes him a permanent member of my arena team

Finally got my last 2 Dooku shards today, and promptly got him to gear lvl 4 for that sweet counter attack action.

Also, who do people recommend grabbing from arena shards now that I have Sidious?

It is probably worth focusing on Sidious, he is mega after all. But Asajj is also worth checking out if you have spare shards, good tank counter.

Listonosh

While I will agree with the two posts above me, as sidious is pretty fantastic, I've actually been winning my arena battles without him, even with him on the other team. A Luminara and Consular blast usually takes care of him (unless of course he dodges) but focusing on him first and taking him out usually does the trick. He's great to have, but im not sure if god-tier

Blank!

There are a couple options all depends on what sort of team comp you want to run:

HK-47 - for droid teams, he's a very good. Useful leader ability to make up for his low speed.
IG-88 - also for droid teams, you'll likely end up alternating between the two if you go droid.

Droids also have the advantage of being a fully farmable Free-to-play team (poggle in GW, IG-86 in cantina/GW, Poe/Daka from cantina shards) though the droid pack makes a great jumping off point if you bought into that too. I regret not picking it up.

Stormtrooper Han - very good but needs a lot of investment to get there. Turn meter manipulation can win games, slower than Poe though so may start to be phased out of teams that use him. Han + Phasma or Poe + Phasma are both pretty great. Poe is faster though.

Sidious - the defacto answer. Great for anti-healer teams but as we get farther into the game, you'll simply run across less Lumi/JC/Barris. Not uncommon for many top teams to run without a healer at all and be all damage. Good in the PvE content though, so still a strong choice... probably not worth 7 star.

Ventress - Only as a leader/nightstalker team. Far too slow otherwise. She's great in PvE though. High damage AoE that resets on kill makes for great wave clearing efficiency.

The others very from interesting (Akbar, Greedo, Nute) to pretty 'meh'. They all have the advantage of being (relatively) easy to get high stars quickly though, so they tend to all look better than your other heroes regardless.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man, Clone Wars Chewbacca is a beast once he gets leveled and can heal himself

Yeah, and he's also not hard to farm shards to upgrade. Got mine to 4 star almost by accident.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
There are a couple options all depends on what sort of team comp you want to run:

HK-47 - for droid teams, he's a very good. Useful leader ability to make up for his low speed.
IG-88 - also for droid teams, you'll likely end up alternating between the two if you go droid.

Droids also have the advantage of being a fully farmable Free-to-play team (poggle in GW, IG-86 in cantina/GW, Poe/Daka from cantina shards) though the droid pack makes a great jumping off point if you bought into that too. I regret not picking it up.

Stormtrooper Han - very good but needs a lot of investment to get there. Turn meter manipulation can win games, slower than Poe though so may start to be phased out of teams that use him. Han + Phasma or Poe + Phasma are both pretty great. Poe is faster though.

Sidious - the defacto answer. Great for anti-healer teams but as we get farther into the game, you'll simply run across less Lumi/JC/Barris. Not uncommon for many top teams to run without a healer at all and be all damage. Good in the PvE content though, so still a strong choice... probably not worth 7 star.

Ventress - Only as a leader/nightstalker team. Far too slow otherwise. She's great in PvE though. High damage AoE that resets on kill makes for great wave clearing efficiency.

The others very from interesting (Akbar, Greedo, Nute) to pretty 'meh'. They all have the advantage of being (relatively) easy to get high stars quickly though, so they tend to all look better than your other heroes regardless.

Just want to point out that IG88 is great for almost any team. None of his skills rely on other droids being around, and if you run an AOE debuff team, is damage gets downright insane with the damage buffs per debuffed enemy.

Blank!

Just want to point out that IG88 is great for almost any team. None of his skills rely on other droids being around, and if you run an AOE debuff team, is damage gets downright insane with the damage buffs per debuffed enemy.

he's so low health that he blows up too fast. I guess if you run an AoE team, but I don't know why you would since it's the 2nd hardest team to farm next to a jedi team (which is almost pure chromium...).

felt like listing the other best "farms" IMO:

Cantina (energy):

Geonosian Soldier - Available right from the start, this guy is fairly secret "OP". Lowest cooldown on the assist call after leveling some, hit pretty damn hard, but most important, is incredibly fast. Combines insanely well with Phasma/follow up teams and can often erase a threat before it even gets a chance to move.

Jedi Counsular - incredibly solid choice but does trail off at some point. Will still be incredibly useful for Galactic War regardless so worth investing some in.

IG-86 - For the droid team and general use. Not as fast as Geonosian Soldier or as high HP but crits pretty much all the time.

Kylo Ren - Mostly for Phasma teams but he's got a great kit IMO just a tad on a weaker side.

Cantina (shard):

Poe - He's very fast taunter. He may only protect your squishies for a round, but that's all you really hope for honestly. Expose debuff is great too. Plan on seeing a lot of this guy very soon.

Boba Fett - Pretty much only exists for his leader ability. The good news is you don't need to star him all that high because the leader ability is all you're really looking for out of him.

555's - counter-based teams. The speed debuff is fun too, also works for phasma/follow up burst teams.

Daka - incredibly overrated IMO. The revive is very low and doesn't prevent "star" loss in PvE. The heal is kind of trash and doesn't always rez (the AI will also use it the instant someone dies, even if everyone else is at full health and it may not rez at all). The stun/double stun chance is nice, as is the speed, but when the procs aren't in your favor it's sad times. I've had few issues completing dark side levels without a healer (currently mid way through 6-hard), you're much better off going full offense + stun IMO.

GW:

Luminara - Just do it.

Poggle - great buff/support, doesn't really need to be max stars.

Phasma - can be built around, also doesn't need to be max stars. In fact, should probably stop at 4 maybe 5 to start farming someone else.

IG-86 - alternative to cantina farming.

Just hit lvl 60 and unlocked Vader with that very achievement. Seems rather fitting really. Any tips for good light side attacker heros worth investing in? My light side team is good in support but a bit lacking in the raw damage department.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
he's so low health that he blows up too fast. I guess if you run an AoE team, but I don't know why you would since it's the 2nd hardest team to farm next to a jedi team (which is almost pure chromium...).

felt like listing the other best "farms" IMO:

Cantina (energy):

Geonosian Soldier - Available right from the start, this guy is fairly secret "OP". Lowest cooldown on the assist call after leveling some, hit pretty damn hard, but most important, is incredibly fast. Combines insanely well with Phasma/follow up teams and can often erase a threat before it even gets a chance to move.

Jedi Counsular - incredibly solid choice but does trail off at some point. Will still be incredibly useful for Galactic War regardless so worth investing some in.

IG-86 - For the droid team and general use. Not as fast as Geonosian Soldier or as high HP but crits pretty much all the time.

Kylo Ren - Mostly for Phasma teams but he's got a great kit IMO just a tad on a weaker side.

Cantina (shard):

Poe - He's very fast taunter. He may only protect your squishies for a round, but that's all you really hope for honestly. Expose debuff is great too. Plan on seeing a lot of this guy very soon.

Boba Fett - Pretty much only exists for his leader ability. The good news is you don't need to star him all that high because the leader ability is all you're really looking for out of him.

555's - counter-based teams. The speed debuff is fun too, also works for phasma/follow up burst teams.

Daka - incredibly overrated IMO. The revive is very low and doesn't prevent "star" loss in PvE. The heal is kind of trash and doesn't always rez (the AI will also use it the instant someone dies, even if everyone else is at full health and it may not rez at all). The stun/double stun chance is nice, as is the speed, but when the procs aren't in your favor it's sad times. I've had few issues completing dark side levels without a healer (currently mid way through 6-hard), you're much better off going full offense + stun IMO.

GW:

Luminara - Just do it.

Poggle - great buff/support, doesn't really need to be max stars.

Phasma - can be built around, also doesn't need to be max stars. In fact, should probably stop at 4 maybe 5 to start farming someone else.

IG-86 - alternative to cantina farming.

I do indeed run an AOE team. Poe/IG88/Sid/Poggle/Kylo. I sometimes put Lumi in for Kylo when I know I'm going against a particular character I need to take out or lock up, e.g., FOTP or a Ben. Otherwise, it's AOE city. Works extremely well.

Agreed on Geonosian Soldier. Can't wait to finish my Kylo so I can start farming GS. God he hits hard. Scary to face a leveled up one.

Also agreed on Daka. I think people should unlock her then start farming someone else (Poe). I don't think Daka is very good in PvP. I don't like too many characters that are low damage because damage is king. Even if she gets her stun in, it's not the end of the world. It just keeps the fight 4 on 4.

Aselith

Just hit lvl 60 and unlocked Vader with that very achievement. Seems rather fitting really. Any tips for good light side attacker heros worth investing in? My light side team is good in support but a bit lacking in the raw damage department.

Ahsoka does a ton of damage as does Luminara both have good healing abilities also

What does everybody spend their crystals on? I bought (with crystals, not real cash) a few Chromium packs and got pure garbage. I'm hesitant to do that again.

Moff

the chromium packs suck, absolutely. none of the 8 characters I regularly use are from one of those packs, but in the months I play this game I don't think I have gotten that many charatery anyway. 2 or 3 tops.
I know that others have used the gems to unlock more pvp games so they can advance further, that's not a bad idea I guess since that gives you gems, money and pvp ressources every day.

Aselith

What does everybody spend their crystals on? I bought (with crystals, not real cash) a few Chromium packs and got pure garbage. I'm hesitant to do that again.

Buy energy refills and Cantina refill twice a day to farm character shards. Much better bang for your buck imo

Blank!

Luminara is classified as an attacker and hits like a freight train. Resistance Trooper still hits pretty damn hard as does Luke Skywalker. Ashoka hits hard but is incredibly slow.

I do this with crystals:

1 cantina refill (100 crystals), not really worth it past that
2 regular energy refills (50x 2), can be worth doing more if you buy crystals

1 arena refresh to get into/maintain a place in the top 10. Not worth doing below that IMO. You should only buy arena refresh if you can play from the hour before rewards go out. This all depends on the server you're on of course how possible this is. Some of the earlier hyper competitive it's a struggle just to make top 50 from what I hear. I have a sub 21K team and can fight for top 5 on most days.

My arena run funds all this + daily quests give some more depending on where I end up placing. I also bought the 7-day crystal thing a couple times (no longer up?) so I'll occasionally spend 100 crystals on regular energy refills when i was gear sharding harder... that's about it.

CoryCubed

Saw a notice about the level cap increase to 70. How bad is this going to get nerfed and microtransactioned? Using Need for Speed No Limits and Star Wars Uprising as indicators, both stopped playing after recent changes. I know Uprising is a different dev.

Aselith

Saw a notice about the level cap increase to 70. How bad is this going to get nerfed and microtransactioned? Using Need for Speed No Limits and Star Wars Uprising as indicators, both stopped playing after recent changes. I know Uprising is a different dev.

What? Wouldn't you just...level?

Cth

More actions/turns generally. I bounce between trying for more character shards and trying to get equipment to advance my characters.

IMO, nothing above 100, as you can earn enough crystals in a day to refill smaller spends like 50.

Anyways, here's the latest update on my squads:
- I'm 6 shards away from a 5 star Clone Wars Chewie

- My Tie Fighter Pilot has level 6 equipment and (3) Level 5 skills and does anywhere from 2-3k per hit, sometimes getting 4 hits in a row. If only he wasn't 2 star. If I can level his star up quick, he'd be even more of a monster than he is now.

- Next characters I plan on unlocking: Ahsoka (3), Qui Gon (5), Sidious (30), Dooku (40)

Sidious for overall abilities (area affect, heal, etc), Dooku for ridiculous countering and the others just cause I got lucky with shards in the Data Cards area.

timewyrm

So, I just borrowed Darth Maul for a match and his turn meter was so fast he had four turns in a row. Is that normal ? IIRC, I was playing a 2a darkside match and my team were all 44-46.

Jaleel

So, I just borrowed Darth Maul for a match and his turn meter was so fast he had four turns in a row. Is that normal ? IIRC, I was playing a 2a darkside match and my team were all 44-46.

He gets like 100% turn meter if he lands a killing blow I believe. So he can go on an onslaught againts weak Jedi (he does 50% more damage to them).

Credo

I'm glad I read this thread. I was just about to get the 2.5k crystals needed for the Chromium mega pack, and I was going to use them on it as soon as I got it, just out of desperation to unlock more characters. Has anyone ever actually had good luck with any of the chromium stuff?

I'm glad I read this thread. I was just about to get the 2.5k crystals needed for the Chromium mega pack, and I was going to use them on it as soon as I got it, just out of desperation to unlock more characters. Has anyone ever actually had good luck with any of the chromium stuff?

I've had a few solid pulls, got early Darth Maul, Savage, Ahsoka and Ima-Gun out of the chromium. Honestly, it is by the books definitely better to just buy energy with those crystals but I lack the actual hours in the day to do so so I just waste it all on the chromium spins. Given the number of pulls I have done I would predict I received a new character in somewhere between 1/5 and 1/6 spins. Although I imagine that number will decrease as I unlock more characters.

Dwayne

My guess is closer to 1 in 4. I've got some good characters from it, and still occasionally open a new pack, but currently i'm using my gems for XP keycard battles.

I'd easily be opening more card packs if they ran the 7 day gem pack promo again, not sure why it's not always available.

Dwayne

I still to this day have never seen that promo. Just the Dooku and then Finn/Ren one.

They ran an A/B test of it up until Christmas (2 different deals and a control group with no deal), then released it to everyone for 1-2 weeks before withdrawing it. I purchased it twice during that time and would have gotten it again since if I had access to it.

Kumquat

I am really fond of HK-47. He hits like a freight train, especially when he procs his damage up buff and his grenade skill adds all sorts of lovely carnage to a fight. Currently running a team of Consular, Luminara/Talia, Chewie, HK-47, and Phasma as the leader. About to finish off my shard farming for Sidious. Now just need Dooku. He is stupidly OP in many ways.

Top Bottom