• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need some nice & professional looking Logo designs for a school - Mini Contest $30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glasshole

Banned
I think the price is fair for a lot of guys who do this for fun, I know this work costs more in the corporate world though. I am paying for it myself and my friend doesn't even know.

Wouldn't call it exactly fair, but I might give it a whirl later.

Alucrid

Banned
puX4hO0.jpg

Hey neogarf I want a clean professional logo, want it to be real professional, want different file formats, has to scale well. Business is very serious. Very professional. High end customers. Logo has to represent that.

Oh and I want to pay you nothing for it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

fRySvAQ.jpg

Kieli

Graphic designers are not very fond of spec work.

Edit: There'll be some interesting submissions in this thread.

You won't get anything good with $30. Even for fun, add another zero or two, and people might pay attention. Think about how much it's worth to have a good looking logo, compared to that, $30 is basically free.

HUELEN10

Make it 100 USD, let us watermark it, and you'll get the source assets from the winner AFTER they get the moolah.

Kinda feel bad for op because I think he had good intentions, just has no idea how people make a living and the labor that goes into good design. Hell, even bad design.

Afrodium

Banned
If you know this work tends to cost quite a bit more than $30, then don't you think it's insulting to tell the people you're sourcing talent from that you value the best product you get at $30 and everyone else's at $0?

Kinda feel bad for op because I think he had good intentions, just has no idea how people make a living and the labor that goes into good design. Hell, even bad design.

I feel good intentions would be doing some research on how people pay for logo designs and proper client/designer relationships.

Mariolee

As a graphic designer, I've learned $30 is insanely cheap. At minimum at least offer $250 if not moreso. Even then you'll probably get a crappy product. Think about how important this is: this is something that will identify your friend's company for as long as they use it. People will make their first impressions based on this logo. Disguising spec work as a contest is also a bit scummy, though I'm sure that wasn't your intention.

Edit: Also 3-4 days? For $30 work? How do you think people make logos?

fauxtrot

Banned
I get that you're trying to get laid and all, but surprising her with a logo for her fledgling business isn't going to make that happen. Oh, and offering $30 for what you're asking is pretty insulting to people who actually do graphic design work (but you already knew that).

Hey graphic designers I'm gonna slap you in the face real quick

Give me a design agency level logo and I'll be nice and give you enough money to buy madden 2014

lmao FOH

I can't believe your friend pays hundreds a month "just to let her website be ran"...

I'd let her website be run for no more than $30, logo included

Risible

Spec work logo threads always work out well for the OP.

AND FUCKING LOL AT $30. I'd love to know what the OP does for a living and what his hourly wage is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom