• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

New webcast every Friday at ~6:30pm

LKg28Ea.png

nWkVvJU.png

BPP2VJu.png

M2uBGTt.png

iUa6Rf1.png

nmttbLt.png

bnGk0Sk.png

nmttbLt.png

2vqWxsE.png

nmttbLt.png

cdbyGya.png

|OT0||OT1||OT2||OT3||OT4||OT5||OT6||OT7||OT8||OT9||Jan14||Feb14||Mar14||Apr14|[May14||Jun14||Jul14||Aug14||Sep14||Oct14||Nov14||Dec14||Jan15||Feb15||Mar15||Apr15||May15||Jun15||Jul15|
|Aug15||Sep15||Oct15||NovDec15||Jan16||Feb16|

Seda

2HaLdgN.png

Parasyte –the maxim-: April 9
Kill la Kill: April 9
Dimension W: May 14
Samurai Champloo: June 25
Dragon Ball Z Kai: November 26, 2016 (not including Buu Arc), January 27, 2018 (including Buu Arc)
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ah yes the title is indeed indicative of Dimension W: Currently in a blank state of reception and can be eventually filled.

Also I'm in the wall of shame. Huzzah?

Raxus

Lots of turnover for the next 3 months. Pretty exciting. We may even hear about Parasyte's replacement by the end of the month.

The title is okay.

I fell off hard in the wall of shame. Need to shitpost more.

Also, Seda, you desperately need to update the One Piece banner since we've been out of Enies Lobby for months.

Seda

So I watched the first episode of Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail.

This was probably much overdue. It starts out basically after Second Barrage ends (it's even labeled 'episode 25' at the onset) going back to the storyline with Roberta and the Lovelace family. I had to remind myself some of the story beats there as they are referenced. Basically, Garcia's father is killed thanks to the actions of US agents in South America, and that doesn't make Roberta and her spas-12 umbrella all too happy.

Garcia and another family maid, Fabiola, go to Roanapur seeking out the aid of Lagoon Company ... Rock specifically, who is feeling bummed after the events that transpired in Japan.

"That fucking puta stabbed me in the *@$!"

Turns out headhunters in Roanapur are also looking for Roberta, but instead find Fabiola who enters that poor bloke's bar, which is - of course - destroyed again in a skirmish.

gif2mbx57.gif

This episode was mostly build up and exposition, but it feels very familiar to what I remember of watching Black Lagoon on Toonami. Mr. Chang and the Triad make their appearance too (yeah!), and Garcia explains to the Triad and Lagoon Company that he wants Rock to help him find Roberta, before she does something crazy .... I guess.

gif3wvlqk.gif

"Your head maid has just declared a showdown with everyone's favorite buddy, the U S of fucking A"

Also if ToonamiGAF got to see this, they wouldn't know how to handle it because there are boobs.

I apologize for iffy gif quality. I may not make posts like this for future episodes.

Line_HTX

I would've ran away with the top post, but I was out all day at Anime Matsuri and caught a cool movie on the other side of town.

It was so good it felt like combusting on fire walking outside.

The OVA is way too hardcore for Toonami.

It is pretty brutal.

Also, Black Lagoon did pretty poor ratings wise.

Because goddammit.

Also it dawned on me, I don't think anyone mentioned Brock in the best perverts thread. That's wrong.
20090625141303%21Brock_and_Nurse_Joy.png

Look at this smooth guy.

Line_HTX

It is pretty brutal.

Also, Black Lagoon did pretty poor ratings wise.

Because goddammit.

Also it dawned on me, I don't think anyone mentioned Brock in the best perverts thread. That's wrong.
20090625141303%21Brock_and_Nurse_Joy.png

Look at this smooth guy.

That's because Onizuka will always be the better one than Brock, ROFL

The dub for it is just so hilarious though.

Seda

Worth mentioning that Black Lagoon debuted at 2AM and slid down from there when Attack on Titan was added and later to 3AM for some reason.

Seda

I thought you didn't watch much anime on your own. What brought this on all of a sudden?

I don't, but I am a bit of a completionist. Same thing when I watched the rest of Ghost in the Shell after it was pulled (although those episodes had aired before many many times of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom