• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Active Shooter at Lackland Air Force Base (San Antonio,Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://news4sanantonio.com/live/event

http://www.kens5.com/news/kens-5-live-breaking-video-stream/97112516

http://www.cbsnews.com/live/

Bexar County Sheriff ‏@BexarCoSheriff 36m36 minutes ago
We are responding to reports of an active shooter at Lackland Air Force Base. No confirmation at this time

Bexar County Sheriff ‏@BexarCoSheriff 6m6 minutes ago
We have victims at Lackland Air Force Base, scene is still active

ABC News ‏@ABC 42s42 seconds ago
DEVELOPING: Police responding to “active shooter” situation at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas, defense official says.

The Associated Press ‏@AP 10s11 seconds ago
BREAKING: Sheriff: At least 1 dead in shooting at Lackland Air Force base in Texas; gunman still active.

Bexar County Sheriff ‏@BexarCoSheriff 37s37 seconds ago
We have two dead at Lackland Air Force Base, deputies are still inside the building

zeioIIDX

WTF, fucking up the training regime for the trainees in boot camp as well as normal base operations plus putting people's lives in danger. Scary shit and I hope no more lives are lost. Lackland is a huge base so hopefully they find and apprehend this shooter...

If only they were armed, this could have been prevented.

In all seriousness I hope people stay safe and the situation gets under control.

Pastry

Banned
My brother's ex is in the Air Force and does security at Lackland, hope everyone is alright. I live in San Antonio and hadn't heard anything about this.

My cousin is at Bullis and the base is on high alert. It's live on the KENS link

National media is picking it up now

Bexar County Sheriff ‏@BexarCoSheriff 37s37 seconds ago
We have two dead at Lackland Air Force Base, deputies are still inside the building

Palmer_v1

Just FYI for those who may not know, but Lackland is where the USAF Basic Training happens, along with a lot of other training.

Lot of extremely stressed out young troops there.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
oh boy

pray for the best

hope they catch this nutter asap

Often, as anyone who lives near a large military base can attest, it's simple crime or a domestic dispute rather than anything more mass shooting-y. Hopefully this is resolved quickly.

Hope things are OK. Lackland is a training base for brand new recruits to the Air Force. I am speculating out of nothing that it might be a new recruit not dealing well with the military lifestyle.

We have an epidemic. When enough people die we might start putting a serious effort into preventing stuff like this (psychological free radicals so to speak stemming from our society). Hope that hellish situation resolves soon

I have no words.

Hope things are OK. Lackland is a training base for brand new recruits to the Air Force. I am speculating out of nothing that it might be a new recruit not dealing well with the military lifestyle.

There's no fucking way. There is zero chance of a trainee bringing in a weapon.

TRios Zen

Local news stating that this was a murder-suicide and that there are no active shooters anymore.

Nearby schools on lockdown for safety. Thoughts to the deceased's families.

More details

In a news conference at the base, Brig. Gen. Bob LaBrutta, the commander of the 502nd Air Base Wing and Joint Base San Antonio, said two men were found dead in an office on the first floor of building 147 of the Medina Annex, a classroom facility known as Forbes Hall. Two Glock weapons were found at the scene, LaBrutta said.

According to initial internal Pentagon communications obtained by Air Force Times, the commanding officer of a training squadron at the base was shot by an airman. The initial communication may have listed an incorrect squadron.

The airman is not a trainee; there are operational personnel assigned to the base to help with basic training. Things like, security forces, medical, public affairs, finance, etc. Security Forces technical school is also there at Lackland, so there is the possibility the airman was a student.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom