• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Build a SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis Bundle' Up to 20 games for USD 4.99!

Tizoc

This offer ends in 7 days' time, so grab them quick!

Use ModBot to giveaway any spare keys you don't need!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858592

Great way to pick up games you're missing or if you hadn't picked them up yet.
Get them for that glorious Streets of Rage 2 Tim Allen Noise mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLmVAjnvAY4

Pick more and save more with any 5 games for $1.99, 10 games for $3.49 or 20 games for $4.99
Use either of these 2 for reference!
For US Steam users: store.steampowered.com/sub/7825/
For UK/EU Steam users: store.steampowered.com/sub/102625/

BundleStars Build your own Genesis Bundle

dgvrEJN.png

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/promotions/sega-genesis-pick-mix

Good way to get both ToeJam & Earl games for cheap!
Thanks to Inframan for the heads up.

Tizoc

Thanks for the thread, I'll take a look and see if I'm missing any gems :)

Use either of these 2 for reference!
For US Steam users: store.steampowered.com/sub/7825/
For UK/EU Steam users: store.steampowered.com/sub/102625/

Ranmo

Thanks for this. I'll have to compare which ones I have already. But will probably be getting the 10 key bundle once I am home from work. Pretty sure I have most. Great offer, thanks for the post!

If any Genesis/Megadrive newbies are wondering what to buy, the top picks here imo are Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 2, Phantasy Star IV, Revenge of Shinobi, Shining Force 2, Ristar, Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soldier, and Beyond Oasis. But you can't go too wrong with any of the choices!

bman94

I think I have all of them except for the Sonic games. Guess I'll rebuy them for the millionth time for $2.

For a moment there I thought Sega were doing a one up on Nintendo's NES Mini and let you build your own custom Mega Drive with 20 selected game! Haha!

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
The complete bundle was like 80% off in the Steam sale so I bought them all to try with the new front end.

This is a great deal though!

Ludens

Banned
Stupid question, but is there a difference between the full Sega Genesis package on Steam and the collection released on PS3/360?

zewone

If any Genesis/Megadrive newbies are wondering what to buy, the top picks here imo are Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 2, Phantasy Star IV, Revenge of Shinobi, Shining Force 2, Ristar, Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soldier, and Beyond Oasis. But you can't go too wrong with any of the choices!

Any other recommendations besides these? I own all the Sonic games already. Looking to fill out a 20 game bundle.

Any other recommendations besides these? I own all the Sonic games already. Looking to fill out a 20 game bundle.

Hey! The games I listed are the best of the best (imo) but there are plenty of other good games there too, depends what you like. If you're into RPGs, definitely Phantasy Star 2 and Landstalker (really cool isometric action RPG, quite unique); if you like platformers, Kid Chameleon and Dynamite Headdy are neat, trippy, kinda weird, give them a try, if you like beat-em-ups, Comix Zone is really solid, awesome graphics and style; the Toejam and Earl games are really cool and unusual games that are some of the most idiosyncratic games on the system, if you're interested in building a little library and fill out your bundle, grabbing one or both is a great idea.

Darrenf

I'm confused. Do I add 20 games to my cart then select the 20 games bundle? Nothing happens when I select the bundle.

Tizoc

I'm confused. Do I add 20 games to my cart then select the 20 games bundle? Nothing happens when I select the bundle.

I think you need to log in and make a bundlestars account.
Once you do click on the bundle type, so if you click on '20 games', it will take you to a new page and you select the 20 games you want.

Tizoc

I bought a few of these during the summer sale but haven't tried them yet. I assumed they were good...are they actually emulated poorly?

Nah they're emulated fine, but there aren't any major stuff to speak about. You could always use other Emus to play them once you DLed them though.

Tizoc

Fuck yeah Alien Soldier
lVqOQ9q.gif

A-EARTH WAS IN TERRIBLE CRISIS IN THE YEAR 2015.

THE SHADOW OF THE EVIL TERROLIST GROUP CALLED SCARLET BLOCKED THE WAY TO THE OUTSIDE UNIVERSE FOR HUMAN BEINGS.

MEMBERS OF SCARLET CONSIST OF ARTIFICIAL CREATURES CREATED BY A-HUMAN USING SUPER GENETIC ENGINEERING. THEY ARE THE SECRET SOCIETY INTENDED TO DESTROY THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE.

IN ADDITION TO THE HIGH INTELLIGENCE AND STRONG FIGHTING POWER, THEY HAVE SPECIAL ABILITIES CAPABLE OF PARASITIC EXISTENCE WITH HUMAN BEINGS, ANIMALS AND MACHINERY. BY USING THESE ABILITIES, THEY CONQUERED A-HUMAN AND WERE ABOUT TO OBTAIN SUPREMACY OVER A-EARTH.

A-HUMAN PLANNED TO ASSASSINATE EPSILON-EAGLE, THE BOSS OF THE SCARLET GROUP WITH A SPECIAL COMBAT GROUP CAPABLE OF USING SUPER POWER DESPATCHED SECRETLY.

THE SUDDEN ATTACK BY THE GROUP USING ITS SUPER POWER SERIOUSLY DAMAGED EPSILON AND SUCCESSFULLY THREW HIM INTO THE TIME SPACE CONTINUM WHITCH HAD BEEN LIBERATED BY USING SUPER POWER.

LATER, AS XI-TIGER GAINED POWER FROM SCARLET BY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE CONFUSION, TERRORISM TOWARD A-HUMAN BECAME MUCH MORE VIOLENT.

ON THE OTHER HAND, THE HATRED TOWARD XI-TIGER WITHIN THE SCARLET GROUP BECAUSE OF THEIR CRUEL ACTS BECAME BITTER AND VOICES FOR RESTORATION OF EPSILON BECAME STRONGER.

XI-TIGER WHO WAS ISOLATED FROM OTHER GROUP MEMBERS DECIDED TO ASSASSINATE EPSILON. IN ORDER TO LIBERATE THE TIME SPACE CONTINUM, THEY ATTACKED THE A-HUMAN'S RESEARCH LABORATORY WHERE BOYS AND GIRLS WITH SUPER POWER WERE KIDNAPPED.

AT THAT TIME, XI-TIGER SENSED THE EXISTENCE OF EPSILON IN ONE OF THE BOYS. HOWEVER, HE COULD NOT READ THE EVIL WILL FROM EPSILON WHO WAS A PARASITE OF THE BOY'S BODY. XI-TIGER WAS MUCH CONFUSED AND TOOK A GIRL AS HOSTAGE AND DEMANDED EPSILON TO RELEASE THE BOY.

THE BOY WHO WAS BESIDE HIMSELF WITH RAGE, CONVERTED HIS BODY INTO EPSILON.

A BIRD-MAN WITH STEEL WINGS TOOK OVER THE BOY'S WILL.

IN HIS MIND HIS REAL NATURE, HUMAN JUSTICE, BATTLED WITH THE FOREIGN FORCE.

XI-TIGER SENSED UNKNOWN POWER IN EPSILON AND ESCAPED AFTER KILLING THE GIRL.

---EPSILON SPEAKS---

I'LL NEVER LET YOU GO, XI-TIGER!!

THERE IS ANOTHER BIRD-MAN WHO HAS EPSILON'S BODY. HOWEVER, HIS WILL IS FULL OF EVIL AMBITION AND NOBODY KNOWS HIS REAL INTENSION.

HE ALSO FLEW AWAY, CHASING AFTER XI-TIGER.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXvKfDmbM1g

Crub

Nah they're emulated fine, but there aren't any major stuff to speak about. You could always use other Emus to play them once you DLed them though.

Here are two sound files comparing this emulator to the actual hardware in Alien Soldier:
http://filetrip.net/view?RnmL1PjBWM
http://filetrip.net/view?EtNXxmzq2n

Beyond the video options are pretty lackluster.

These things aside though, I think it's a pretty nice option. I like the ease of use, the charming interface and the Steam integration.

Lettuce

Hmm Sonic CD seems to appear as its own Game entry and not part of the MegaDrive collection, any ideas why this is?

Hmm Sonic CD seems to appear as its own Game entry and not part of the MegaDrive collection, any ideas why this is?
Mega CD titles are maybe not in the same selection?

How do the Mega Drive games run on Steam? 100% accurate? I'm also guessing they are all the NTSC versions, running at proper speed?

Top Bottom