• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Build a SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis Bundle' Up to 20 games for USD 4.99!

I only needed 8, but decided to grab a couple extra...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1250235.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Azure Dream, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole -- MB-110853C2AF15A2DA - Taken by Dr.Social. 2 entrants total.
Shining Force -- MB-16A41B5A20106CE4 - Taken by Loptous. 5 entrants total.
Ristar -- MB-41EE60FCF69C955A - Taken by Danthrax. 3 entrants total.
Wonder Boy in Monster World -- MB-AF803B737D172FD8 - Taken by TI82. 1 entrants total.
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium -- MB-F6D8242781D1FFE6 - Taken by Dragon1893. 3 entrants total.
Shining Force II -- MB-7403C2C505FD76E0 - Taken by lovely ladies. 3 entrants total.
Alien Soldier -- MB-C527E1DE512AD08C - Taken by Natty1. 3 entrants total.
Gunstar Heroes -- MB-97FA3508B88E6CC9 - Taken by Crayolan. 2 entrants total.
Beyond Oasis -- MB-12A53004F5270089 - Taken by Aurablade. 1 entrants total.
Sonic CD -- MB-174ABB4B066A2E97 - Taken by Sophia. 4 entrants total.
Comix Zone -- MB-61504B3517C72343 - Taken by javadoze. 2 entrants total.
Dynamite Headdy -- MB-FBAD05D42283EED1 - Taken by Madrugador. 3 entrants total.

t1469149486z1.png

daxy

In this collection:

////snip

I'm sure people will disagree with my list. But this is generally my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, I looked at Land Stalker and it seemed like it way maybe a bit too dated for me. I was really tempted by Shining in the Darkness. I've had a lot of fun playing through the Shin Megami Tensei and Etrian Odyssey series so it looks like my kind of thing. I might just go in for another 5 game bundle and pick up the rest on your list.

Check out this Phantasy Star 4 review, it doesn't spoil the plot but should get you very interested in playing it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRhMl7Hzki8

Looks like Phantasy Star 4 will be the first on my list to play! That storyboard style exposition looks amazing.

SScorpio

Only needed two games, so enjoy some of my favorite non-Square RPGs.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1250235.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Phantasy Star 4 -- MB-6303EA83DBB7C167 - Taken by Remk. 2 entrants total.
Phantasy Star 3 -- MB-7C74826AB39F30F5 - Taken by Patrick S.. 1 entrants total.
Phantasy Star 2 -- MB-236388B4BB1F22F4 - Taken by DDayton. 2 entrants total.

t1469150231z1.png

jrcbandit

I've only ever played Sega games on Game Gear, then Dreamcast and of course non-Sega current consoles. So help me form an essential Genesis bundle. I think I have Golden Axe from some free deal and it seemed HORRIBLE so please nothing like that. Altered Beast seems to have aged really poorly but I loved playing that a friend's house a long time ago, just couldn't play more than a few minutes of it more recently...

I have so far:
Sonic CD
Ecco the Dolphin
Toe Jam and Earl
Gunstar Heroes
Beyond Oasis
Phantasy Star IV
Comix Zone
Streets of Rage II
Shining Force II

Edited in thanks Tizoc:
Sonic 1-3
Alien Soldier

Need 7 more! Is Columns or Columns III better? I loved that on Game Gear. Which of the two Shinobi games is better?

Tizoc

I've only ever played Sega games on Game Gear, then Dreamcast and of course non-Sega current consoles. So help me form an essential Genesis bundle. I think I have Golden Axe from some free deal and it seemed HORRIBLE so please nothing like that.

I have so far:
Sonic CD
Ecco the Dolphin
Toe Jam and Earl
Gunstar Heroes
Beyond Oasis
Phantasy Star IV
Comix Zone.

Need 13 more! Do I need the classic Sonic 1-3? Is Columns or Columns III better? I loved that on Game Gear.

Of course you need Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles. They're must haves for anyone who wants to experience the Genesis/MD.
Get Alien Soldier too since you're Gunstar Heroes.

Bought the 5 pack bundle. I was actually seriously considering getting the 20 pack bundle, but decided against it as I know most of them would probably end up in backlog hell.

wildfire

Banned
Excellent deal. I've always been annoyed with the bundles that had a bunch of games I wasn't that interested in with the games I wanted.

I hope they do this again with a larger selection of classics.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Welp, I forgot that Sega gave away Gunstar Heroes, Streets of Rage 2 and Golden Axe back in February and March, and I just bought those as part of my 20 games. Oh well. Raffle time!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Danthrax, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Streets of Rage 2 -- MB-0D44568D6905BE45 - Taken by Vazra. 3 entrants total.
Gunstar Heroes -- MB-8CE652178AA896BC - Taken by Natty1. 3 entrants total.
Golden Axe -- MB-DBFF19D72FBAE849

t1469157458z1.png

wildfire

Banned
As someone who's only played the Sonic Games, which of these would you say is a must buy?

I haven't played a lot of the other games listed but I did play Shining Force II and it has become a classic game for me. I've replayed it 5 times since I got it.

A well executed progression towards building your army.
Great difficulty curve with huge spikes at the right moments.
Lots of hidden features (a couple are simply way too obscure imo)
Excellent art and sound design.
Non stop action.

Anything not crossed out in my giveaway at the top of the page is still available, I believe. Just send a message to ModBot with that code, and as long as you haven't won anything else today, you'll get it.

Edit: All gone!

gelf

How good/bad is VF2?

It's only interesting as a technical curiosity in terms of what they managed to cram into a Mega Drive game but it's not worth playing. I hate that its available to buy on Steam and there's no proper port of the Arcade version.

Qwyjibo

It has been so long since I played Phantasy Star 4 on an emulator. I don't think I ever finished it. This is a good reminder to get back into that game.

Shining Force 2 is a game I've played through at least 3 times. I loved how the battles were tactical RPG style but you still sort of had an overworld map to explore.

I went with those two and the first 3 Sonic games. Never played the Sonic games much other than at friends' houses back in the day. I owned a SNES back then.

Looks like the servers are getting hit hard now. I'm having major issues trying to get the games added to cart. Duplicating entries, stuff not applying under the promotion...

dlauv

Picked up TJ&E 1 and 2. The only two that were missing. Gave Sonics 1, 2, and 3 to a friend, since they have some of the best mods. Now regretting no SOR2 for him.

davedc226

Picked up the following from this deal:

Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
Revenge of the Shinobi
Beyond Oasis
Landstalker
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Alien Soldier
Columns™ III
Eternal Champions
Light Crusader

I already have Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic CD on Steam, so this should be a good addition to my nostalgia collection.

ghibli99

Picked up all of the games in pack #5. Great deal! Definitely better playing these in the simple launcher IMO.

Do these games all show up individually on the steam library, or are they all available through a single hub?
Individual keys, but all found under the main Genesis/Mega Drive hub.

Wow, great deal. I snagged the remaining Sonic games I didn't have yet (2, 3, and Spinball) and the two Toejam games. I've never played the latter.

It's weird that Phantasy Star 1 was never released on Steam, but 2-4 were. Would be nice to complete the collection, I already have the rest.

OnPoint

Hell of a deal. There are some true bangers on that list.

Wow, great deal. I snagged the remaining Sonic games I didn't have yet (2, 3, and Spinball) and the two Toejam games. I've never played the latter.

It's weird that Phantasy Star 1 was never released on Steam, but 2-4 were. Would be nice to complete the collection, I already have the rest.

2-4 were Genesis games. 1 was a Master System title. It's never included.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Whoo hoo -- I only need 11 of these titles, but I just got Phantasy Star II from SScorpio's giveaway -- so I can just snag the bundle of 10.

I'm half tempted to pay the extra $1.50 and give away 10 more, but that seems like a lot of work...

Alien Soldier is a masterpiece
and better than Gunstar Heroes.

Buy it and make sure you get the 60hz mod on the Steam workshop.

baconcow

I have all but 6 of these titles:
- Sonic
- Sonic 3D Blast
- Sonic Spinball
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
- Toejam & Earl
- Toejam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron

Too bad you have to buy either 5 or 10, and not 6.

Whoo hoo -- I only need 11 of these titles, but I just got Phantasy Star II from SScorpio's giveaway -- so I can just snag the bundle of 10.

I'm half tempted to pay the extra $1.50 and give away 10 more, but that seems like a lot of work...

I did just that, it's not. Just a couple easy copy-pastes into a PM to ModBot.

DDayton

What's the difference between Sonic 3 & Knuckles with this any with any other bundle? Someone said it was once released without lock-on?

baconcow

What's the difference between Sonic 3 & Knuckles with this any with any other bundle? Someone said it was once released without lock-on?

There are 3 separate games: Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Sonic & Knuckles, and Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Correct me if I am remembering wrong, but Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the lock-on version of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and combines the two games, Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic & Knuckles.

dlauv

Are Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles separated on Steam?

In the Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection for PS3 and 360:

Sonic_Ultimate_Genesis_Collection.jpg

it's impossible to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles:

220px-Sonic3%26KnucklesCart.jpg

Which combines both games for an extended campaign featuring changed sequences, a few secrets, and super forms for all characters.

Beyond that specific collection, there is nothing to worry about. You can even download Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles separately in the Steam Workshop to split the games up if you wish.

Thanks OP. I'll have to think about this.

I'm missing exactly ten, which is convenient, but I'm not sure I want to buy the Sonic Games and ToeJam and Earl games I have on Xbox. I really only need Revenge of Shinobi.

There are many good mods for Sonic 1. A few for Sonic 2. Not many for Sonic 3.

But if you're up to it you can use the free mod tools to delegate whatever romhack to whichever game you wish.

DDayton

Ok - free games. 15 minute delay to give folks a small chance, but...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DDayton, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ToeJam & Earl -- MB-A0FC656DC96EB22A - Taken by Ultimate_Trainer. 2 entrants total.
T&Earl in Panic on Funkotron -- MB-C6FC9B4789897D93 - Taken by wildfire. 1 entrants total.
Alien Soldier -- MB-F753679C20D15E58 - Taken by Crayolan. 1 entrants total.
Shining Force II -- MB-8EE7765AE059BAF4 - Taken by Aru. 1 entrants total.
Landstalker -- MB-FEA78C3064C2B92D - Taken by lovely ladies. 1 entrants total.
Gunstar Heroes -- MB-862FC727967FC60F - Taken by wetflame. 1 entrants total.
Gain Ground -- MB-45B916A856F0F959 - Taken by Vazra. 1 entrants total.
Sonic 3 and Knuckles -- MB-3A15A028611E7CD7 - Taken by javadoze. 1 entrants total.
Comix Zone -- MB-1A1D19CFB677FD51 - Taken by idolminds. 1 entrants total.
Wonder Boy III Monster Lair -- MB-61A104C589E02C8E - Taken by ivanmark. 1 entrants total.

t1469171156z1.png

Justinh

Thanks OP. I'll have to think about this.

I'm missing exactly ten (edit: er, nine), which is convenient, but I'm not sure I want to buy the Sonic Games and ToeJam and Earl games I have on Xbox. I really only need Revenge of Shinobi.

ChryZ

Yeah, really good deal.

I only wanted to play Gunstar Heroes again and ended up with:

Gunstar Heroes
Streets of Rage 3
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage
ToeJam and Earl in Panic on Funkotron
ToeJam and Earl
Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine
Sonic Spinball
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Sonic 2

... all this for 3.19 EUR :D

Perfect. I was only missing the two Toejam and Earl games since they weren't included in any of the smaller bundles on steam and individually are priced higher. The 5 pack of games is roughly the same price as one of those games were on the last sale, so I grabbed both of them and picked 3 others to give as a gift.

Hip Hop

Was missing 9 games and bought them, they were all Sonic games with Toe Jam and Earl. those were not included if you bought all 5 digital packs for some reason.

Check if you have them here.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/102625/

It's more complete than the one in the OP.

Also, here's an extra I won't need for Streets of Rage

Z6KPH-KCYXY-MELHL

Justinh

Was missing 9 games and bought them, they were all Sonic games with Toe Jam and Earl. those were not included if you bought all 5 digital packs for some reason.
Yeah, same here. Kinda sucks. I'm still debating whether or not I'll get them since I already have most of them elsewhere, but I guess it would be nice to have them all in one place...

Gruso

Purchased an hour ago, transaction still saying "Pending" on my account page and keys aren't available :( I have the Paypal receipt, so there must be some delay in their system.

Update:

Unfortunately, we need to manually approve your order. This process usually takes up to one working day, but we try and process your order within two hours. At weekends this can take up to 48 hours. We'll send you another email when your order has been confirmed.

Why has this happened?

To mitigate fraud, all orders are automatically checked, with a small percentage being flagged for manual approval. We do this so that we can continue to offer fantastic savings to Bundle Stars customers. Please bear with us!
Ugh, whatever.

dogen

I just took a serious try at comix zone for an hour or two and realized how good it actually is.

So, now I recommend it along with Alien Soldier as the best games in this sale. At least, best action games.

Top Bottom