• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Build a SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis Bundle' Up to 20 games for USD 4.99!

Stevey

Thanks for the heads up.
Picked up for £1.50

Golden Axe III
Wonder Boy in Monster World
ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
Streets of Rage 3
ToeJam & Earl

bman94

Mega CD titles are maybe not in the same selection?

How do the Mega Drive games run on Steam? 100% accurate? I'm also guessing they are all the NTSC versions, running at proper speed?

Sonic CD is a port, it's not emulated. It's a stand alone title not associated with the Genesis Collection.

But from my experience all of the games run just like they did on the Genesis (Some of them I actually played on a original Genesis). Sega also opened the flood gates for mods so they are possible on these games now.

Izuna

Banned
I really shouldn't, but I must. I can get everything I'm interested in except one.

Why is there no ActRaiser?

EDIT: no what am I thinking, I won't play any of these...

Jazzem

Going to use the lowest tier to get the two Toe Jams and Sonic CD for a friend, will try and use ModBot in a bit for the remaining two games!

gelf

Turns out I was 8 games short of owning the entire collection, this left me to pick two spares I already own.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1250235.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Streets of Rage 2 -- MB-4659A51DAF1DD9DD - Taken by Platy. 1 entrants total.
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master -- MB-ED22C350291A68D5 - Taken by firehawk12. 1 entrants total.

t1469123550z1.png

randomkid

The $1.99 bundle worked out perfectly for me to pick up stragglers I've always wanted that did not appear in Sega Genesis PS2/PSP, Amazon Bundle 4, various PSN purchases, and two Humble Bundles I've got.

Picked up Streets of Rage 3, Toejam 2, Beyond Oasis, Robotnik Bean Machine and Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Jazzem

Here ya go (thanks for the heads up Tizoc)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1250235&page=2.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jazzem, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Shining Force II -- MB-93D3577C28EAC6DA - Taken by OmegaSmash
Shining Force -- MB-DA1DB3748F88BFA7 - Taken by I am Error

Tizoc

Huh... that game was on SNES... I just remember it for Yuzo Koshiro's music so I figured it was SEGA this whole time

EDIT: I know I can give away a code, but I went for two packs and accidentally selected Shining Force II twice, instead of Shining Force 1 & 2. Anyone want to trade II for 1?

lOOK Above you and grab it quick XP

Decado

Every game except for Sonic CD works with the Classics Hub. So yes.

Sonic CD is a separate entity because it is the Taxman port that supports 16:9 widescreen and is not an emulation.
Is the classics hub the emulator? Can you run the mods on other emualators?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Games that are available in this Bundle Stars deal that aren't in the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection:

Sonic 3 & Knuckles*
Sonic CD
Virtua Fighter 2
Ecco Jr.
Columns III
Eternal Champions
Toe Jam & Earl
Toe Jam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
Revenge of the Shinobi
Gunstar Heroes
Sword of Vermilion (the game that does what Nintendon't)
Wonder Boy in Monster World
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
Alien Soldier
Galaxy Force II
Light Crusader
Space Harrier II
Bio Hazard Battle
Landstalker
Crackdown

*Sonic's UGC technically has Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles but does not have the ability to lock on the two games.

Izuna

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Cobalt Izuna:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cobalt Izuna, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Shining Force II -- MB-45F59536DAD40958 - Taken by DeathSparks
Space Harrier 2 -- MB-15F327C5DFA91092

This should work. I had a duplicate code for Shining Force 1 but it seems that in bundle stars... if you hit redeem key and close the page you can't see the code ever again =(

Yukinari

The workshop for the Genesis Hub has so many straight up roms and improved versions of games like Puyo Pop or Sonic 3 Complete. Its convenient to have all this content on steam.

So, is it possible to buy 2 of the $5 bundles and get 40 games for $10? I didn't know if they only allowed one sale per user.

I'm only missing four of the games on Steam, but one of them (Shadow Dancer) doesn't seem to be part of the Bundle Stars deal here. Weird.

I had this question during the humble bundle sega sale but didn't ask so I didn't buy anything

Do these games have that cool sega front end on steam?

the one that lets you run mods and has the fake living room interface.

how does that work?

I dont want 20 individual launchers for this but would really like that

I had this question during the humble bundle sega sale but didn't ask so I didn't buy anything

Do these games have that cool sega front end on steam?

the one that lets you run mods and has the fake living room interface.

how does that work?

I dont want 20 individual launchers for this but would really like that

Everything from this bundle but Sonic CD should run from that same front end.

daxy

Are there any good RPGs on this list? (that hold up)
I have very little experience with the Genesis beyond Sonic games, Streets of Rage and Shinobi.

Edit: went for Phantasy Star 3 & 4, Shining Force 1 & 2, and Beyond Oasis. Pretty sweet deal.

kswiston

Shining Force 2 is one of the best strategy RPGs of all time. Anyone who has any interest in that genre should be buying.

Are there any good RPGs on this list? (that hold up)
I have very little experience with the Genesis beyond Sonic games, Streets of Rage and Shinobi.

In this collection:

Recommended:
- Phantasy Star IV - Traditional JRPG. It is also the best in the Phantasy Star series on the Genesis.
- Shining Force 2 - Strategy RPG
- Land Stalker - Action RPG, slightly inspired by Zelda but with an emphasis on leveling up. Though the isometric viewpoint can be a little bit of an issue in some spots.
- Beyond Oasis - Anther action RPG, this one focuses on summons and has an interesting combat system for a 16 bit game.
- Shining in the Darkness - First person dungeon crawler.

Second tier:

Shining Force - not as polished as the second game, but still worth your time.
Phantasy Star 2 - This one can get tedious and grindy, it may also be a bit too archaic for some. Personally I enjoy the game.

Third tier:

Phantasy Star 3 - this one is very dividing. Some people like it, others don't.
Sword of Vermilion - This was designed by Yu Suzuki and got a lot of high praise back in the day. Though personally I don;t think it has aged all that well. It is an interesting blend of overhead, first person dungeon crawling and player controlled combat.
Light Crusader - This one was developed by Treasure, and to be honest is one of their weaker games. It is an isometric action RPG with some platforming. It is a great looking game, but feels lackluster.

I'm sure people will disagree with my list. But this is generally my opinion.

Zaphod

I highly recommend Gain Ground to fill up your queue. It's a top down run and gun puzzle game with 20 collectable playable warriors from the past and the future. Two player co-op, good music, and tons of variety between the characters make for a fun adventure that is quite challenging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR56JvCXyEE

TI82

Banned
I had to turn this down since I already have Shining Force 2 the only game I really wanted.

Edit: I couldn't resist!!!

Sonic 3 and Knuckles
(1 x USD 0.34)
USD 0.34
Dynamite Headdy
(1 x USD 0.34)
USD 0.34
Comix Zone™
(1 x USD 0.34)
USD 0.34
Ristar™
(1 x USD 0.34)
USD 0.34
Sonic CD
(1 x USD 0.43)
USD 0.43
Kid Chameleon™
(1 x USD 0.34)
USD 0.34
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
(1 x USD 0.34)
USD 0.34
Gain Ground™
(1 x USD 0.34)
USD 0.34
Streets of Rage 2
(1 x USD 0.34)
USD 0.34
Shining Force
(1 x USD 0.34)
USD 0.34
Total (10 items): USD 3.49

SScorpio

Use either of these 2 for reference!
For US Steam users: store.steampowered.com/sub/7825/
For UK/EU Steam users: store.steampowered.com/sub/102625/

The US link doesn't include any of the Games in the 5th pack, and it was missing the Sonic games which I got through the last Sega Humble Bundle.

Here's a more complete list. I picked up the Sega Humble Bundle, and Sega Megadrive and Genesis packs 1-5 and I still didn't have ToeJam & Earl 1&2.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/102625/

Top Bottom