• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Build a SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis Bundle' Up to 20 games for USD 4.99!

ugly

Aw man, I bought 5 games thinking surely my laptop can run Sega games, but it's slowed super slow down half the time :,(

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So Shining Force 1 showed up again but now at the button instead of next to the other Shining games. Let me get that for a friend.

ugly

Oh, great! Thanks guys!! YEEEAHH!! I'm stoked with my purchases. I had a Genesis when I was too young to remember so this is my first time jumping into the Sega world.

I bought
Shining Force II,
Ristar,
Sonic CD,
Phantasy Star IV and
Landwalker.

Seems like pretty good choices, I think! I've started playing Shining Force II, and it seems to strike just the right balance of pick-up-and-play with potentially deep mechanics so I'm excited. Oozing a lot of style right off the bat, too. Thanks OP for making this thread! 2 dollars well spent.

Raitaro

Meanwhile on PS4, XBone and Wii U (unless you count Wii VC):

ZqpOSrI.jpg

...And just when I'm in the mood to play some classic Sonic again due to Sonic Mania being announced.

(Not port begging, just wishing out loud that Sega would give console owners some love with these. My laptop is shit.)

Syril

What the hell? Suddenly the launcher isn't recognizing my controller and then it just crashes every time is try to run it even after reinstalls and resets. Is there a way to make this work off of a different emulator that will recognize the romhacks from the workshop?

Tizoc

What the hell? Suddenly the launcher isn't recognizing my controller and then it just crashes every time is try to run it even after reinstalls and resets. Is there a way to make this work off of a different emulator that will recognize the romhacks from the workshop?
The roms will work on other emus
Most emus jowadays can read the rom file from a .rar or compressed file

LongARMz

Neo Member
Doood, this is exactly what I needed! I've been feeling mad nostalgic for genesis games since the Sonic Mania trailer. Picked up a 20 pack of goodness.

Looking forward to playing them on my fightstick. Good looking out!

Portman

Saw it asked near the beginning but never saw any answer (unless I overlooked it): Can you purchase multiple packs from the bundle? Such as 2 20 packs and a 10 pack to get all of them or is it limited to just one pack?

Trying to figure out what my best course of action is since I always forget to buy the bundle during the sales and could piece together a collection alongside the few games I have if I can't get the whole set.

brainpann

Saw it asked near the beginning but never saw any answer (unless I overlooked it): Can you purchase multiple packs from the bundle? Such as 2 20 packs and a 10 pack to get all of them or is it limited to just one pack?

Trying to figure out what my best course of action is since I always forget to buy the bundle during the sales and could piece together a collection alongside the few games I have if I can't get the whole set.

Yes-you can putchase multiple packs. I purchased a 20 and a 5 to get everything I wanted.

Sega still does what Nintendon't

virtual console what? This is the best way to play digital classics and Nintendo hasn't a clue.

.. And don't get me started on workshop support. holy shit guys, I'm slowly realizing how awesome all this is.. Buy deez games!

Looking at the Sonic Mania trailer really has be excited to play Sonic games for the first time in a long time. I just picked up Sonic 1, 2 3&K, CD and Ristar. Now I just need to get a gamepad to connect to my laptop.

Tizoc

Looking at the Sonic Mania trailer really has be excited to play Sonic games for the first time in a long time. I just picked up Sonic 1, 2 3&K, CD and Ristar. Now I just need to get a gamepad to connect to my laptop.

Get a PS4 or X1 controller, they both work well on PCs.

Xis

Recommended:
- Phantasy Star IV - Traditional JRPG. It is also the best in the Phantasy Star series on the Genesis.

I would definitely recommend this. I grew up a Nintendo kid, lots of experience with Square RPGs, very little experience with any of the Sega properties. I first tried Phantasy Star IV a few years ago with the PSP Genesis collection, and was really surprised how well it held up.

ugly

If you play Shining Force II, don't save with the priest and quit to title. Always use the save states. I just lost my game!!

Top Bottom