• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E-Mails by Clinton Aides Show State-Foundation Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desty

Banned
Discuss

https://youtu.be/d99E4R4GS9Q

Mod power abuse:

There's a bloomberg and nyt article on this.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...-aides-show-state-department-foundation-links

Shame this thread started so terribly...

No need to link tyt but instead link to other news sources. The tyt video is not a "report". It's a video about the news.

Title and op should be updated...

It's a subject worth discussing but no thread deralied on pro Hillary tyt hate train.

The issue with these emails is that they suggest not prove that sketchy Clinton Foundation mega donors might have had special access to favors from state Department.

That's really bad, but again, not proven yet.

This was my fear with the "emails" scandal. That folks would do enough digging to find shit like this before November.

Will need read more into it tomorrow. Saw a bit about it on tv too. The email thing has been one big dopey disaster for Hillary. Scummy and stupid.

johnsmith

remember me
8t6SKJa.gif

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I don't get it. People don't like Bernie because reasons, then they make emails a big deal. It's almost as if they want trump in the office.

iamblades

How did politics in this country get so fucked to the point where our realistic options are a totally corrupt machine politician and a completely incompetent jackoff?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Sounds like a bait thread to me.

Its an old video,why are you bringing up it in a thread now?

OP down...

Does not look good for Hillary. Actually none of this email stuff has looked good. At all.

No it doesn't have to be a right wing conspiracy people. And we don't need any whataboutisms here about Mr. Donald.

Dumb.

kevin1025

Banned
I guess it comes down to, do you believe in Hillary possibly being lax on e-mails and pulling favors, or do you believe in Trump for his dangerous racism/xenophobia/bigotry/sexism/disabled mockery/hate speech/calling for assassinations/pro-Putinism/narcissism/childish name-calling/unfiltered rhetoric, etc.

It's a difficult decision, I'm sure.

Pluto

How did politics in this country get so fucked to the point where our realistic options are a totally corrupt machine politician and a completely incompetent jackoff?
As someone looking at american politics from the outside I really don't get why Hillary Clinton is criticized so much, people call her corrupt, a liar, untrustworthy and I don't get why? How is she corrupt, who has she taken money from? And maybe I'm missing something, but isn't she one of the more honest politicians?

I agree with you on Trump though.

I guess it comes down to, do you believe in Hillary possibly being lax on e-mails and pulling favors, or do you believe in Trump for his dangerous racism/xenophobia/bigotry/sexism/disabled mockery/hate speech/calling for assassinations/pro-Putinism/narcissism/childish name-calling/unfiltered rhetoric, etc.

It's a difficult decision, I'm sure.
Of course it comes down to that--on election day.

I think it's both healthy and necessary for left-leaning people to have discussions on Hillary's shortcomings, even if they know they will be voting for her. Simply saying she's a far better option than Trump is not a responsible response to stories that deserve discussion. I mean, more or less any candidate running for president this election would have been better than Trump. His incompetence is not a valid defense of legitimate criticisms directed at Hillary.

Xe4

Banned
Since the OP is banned, I suppose I should post a news source.

The new emails aren't necessarily to or from Clinton herself. Three emails that have gained wider attention this week were among her aides and they have caused critics to raise questions about impropriety between the State Department and the Clinton Foundation, something Clinton pledged would never happen once she became secretary of state.

Two of the emails were from a long-time aide to President Bill Clinton, Doug Band, who now works at the Clinton Foundation. One email shows he contacted Hillary Clinton's top aides asking them to find a job for an associate. The name was withheld from the document.

When pressed today, the State Department would not say who the emails referred to, citing privacy concerns. "We feel confident that all the rules were followed," State Department spokesman Elizabeth Trudeau said today.

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews....d/story?id=41275551?client=ms-android-verizon

I'll have to wait for the State Department Report to further form an opinion. It seems her email was used for non classified emails from the state department (were supposed to be non-classified anyhow, they kind of fucked the pooch on that one), as well as an email relating to other personal matters.

I'm not sure the extent of this thst is allowed or not allowed, and I'm sure this was just forwarded to her as a mailing list. No doubt it could've been handled better, bit I'll wait and see whether this will effect the State Dept. Report.

I think it's both healthy and necessary for left-leaning people to have discussions on Hillary's shortcomings, even if they know they will be voting for her. Simply saying she's a far better option than Trump is not a responsible response to stories that deserve discussion. I mean, more or less any candidate running for president this election would have been better than Trump. His incompetence is not a valid defense of legitimate criticisms directed at Hillary.

Ok? Everyone agrees she made a mistake. What now? Legally, it is a closed case.

I think it's both healthy and necessary for left-leaning people to have discussions on Hillary's shortcomings, even if they know they will be voting for her. Simply saying she's a far better option than Drumpf is not a responsible response to stories that deserve discussion. I mean, more or less any candidate running for president this election would have been better than Drumpf. His incompetence is not a valid defense of legitimate criticisms directed at Hillary.

We can do that after Hilary gets elected. As of now, it only gives Trump supporters more fuel to make Trump look good. Which by the way Trump has said and done much worse things than this.

linsivvi

I don't get it. People don't like Bernie because reasons, then they make emails a big deal. It's almost as if they want trump in the office.

1. This has nothing to do with Bernie. Let it go.

2. TYT does like 5 major negative Trump stories every day. They even invented a tag for him.

3. So media should stop reporting negative stories on Hillary altogether otherwise "they want Trump in the office"?

4. If you think this story is not legitimate, bring your own argument. Don't use a senseless attack on Bernie or bring Trump into this.

5. It is indeed funny that of all the negative Trump stories on that channel, the OP picked that single one on Hillary.

gatti-man

Ring me when a real source has something to say besides maybes and might bes. I'm tired off all this finger pointing and dead air. Show me something real she did or let's move on.

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
TYT needs keep the Bernie bro's and Jill stein loons happy. so they add in anti Hilary stories here and there.
Would you prefer they never report anything negative about Hillary? Talking about pay for play in politics shouldn't be off limits just becuase it might make the Democratic nominee look bad

BlisterBrown

Neo Member

kevin1025

Banned

I definitely agree that this all needs more discussion. I guess what I mean is that when you look at what is essentially a 50/50 shot of who will be President at this current moment, one is far and away more competent and more suited to be President than the other (and that's putting it lightly).

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The best thing about the email story is that because of the sheer number of them any hack news outlet can bundle a few under reported ones, treat em like new and pretend "there might be something in there!" You can read implication into anything when all you have are bits and pieces, and random ass emails are like a gold mine for that.

We will be seeing "new" email stories for the rest of her first term.

JackDT

I looked up the source emails and they like the same bog standard networking email of the kind I've seen a million times in any organization. Someone asked to speak to a State Department rep.

Foreign policy experts know each other and network.

Quite unconvinced by Cenk's speculation here. Has the TYT never used Linked In?

Since the OP is banned, I suppose I should post a news source.

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews....d/story?id=41275551?client=ms-android-verizon

I'll have to wait for the State Department Report to further form an opinion. It seems her email was used for non classified emails from the state department (were supposed to be non-classified anyhow, they kind of fucked the pooch on that one), as well as an email relating to other personal matters.

I'm not sure the extent of this thst is allowed or not allowed, and I'm sure this was just forwarded to her as a mailing list. No doubt it could've been handled better, bit I'll wait and see whether this will effect the State Dept. Report.

So, this has nothing to do with Hillary?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
"pay to play" has been a knock against Hilary for some time now. New emails were released that may hint at that. It's not a smoking gun or anything, but I think it's worth discussing.

It also shows the very thing Gaffers tell each other to do in job search threads: use connections you might have to help get a job. Unless you've got proof he paid money to get a job, he's just following the same advice every gaffer gives every time it comes up on the forum. Basically it's reaching.

Donthizz#

Would you prefer they never report anything negative about Hillary? Talking about pay for play in politics shouldn't be off limits just becuase it might make the Democratic nominee look bad

of course people should talk about her shortcomings. but it's hard to take TYT serious after how they treated in the primary.

theultimo

I looked up the source emails and they like the same bog standard networking email of the kind I've seen a million times in any organization. Someone asked to speak to a State Department rep.

Foreign policy experts know each other and network.

Quite unconvinced by Cenk's speculation here. Has the TYT never used Linked In?
Exactly my thoughts. Honestly if there was a hint of a massive conspiracy it would have been brought foward by now.

The best thing about the email story is that because of the sheer number of them any hack news outlet can bundle a few under reported ones, treat em like new and pretend "there might be something in there!" You can read implication into anything when all you have are bits and pieces, and random ass emails are like a gold mine for that.

We will be seeing "new" email stories for the rest of her first term.

To be fair, these are actually new.

And to be fair in the opposite direction, none of these are actually to or from Hillary. They're e-mails to and from her staff from someone from the Clinton Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom