• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild runs at 900p (docked) and 720p (handheld)

Jarmel

Banned
What is the Wii U version running at then? This isn't exactly enticing considering the only reason to get this version is for the graphics boost.

Mr T.

Banned
Not bad, I was expecting 720p and less when portable. Game looks gorgeous and the trailer was everything fans have been asking for.

psyfi

Banned
What is the Wii U version running at then? This isn't exactly enticing considering the only reason to get this version is for the graphics boost.
Being able to play Zelda in bed and on the go is a pretty huge selling point for me.

Griss

It can't run a Wii u game at 1080p? Fuck me, what is the point of this thing?

I'll at Zelda on Wii u and buy switch when it gets its super quick price drop after it flops. 300 dollars for a visual upgrade that small just isn't worth it.

It better be stable as fuck then. Christ, as much as I want to consider getting a cheap WiiU instead of blowing away money on a tablet with paid online, the WiiU version runs like molasssesssss

Xdrive05

900p with quality AA (apparently) will be great. But framerate and draw distance still need to be known. Hopefully the Switch version will get demoed fairly extensively at the treehouse, so we can compare.

Framerate and pop-in have been noticeable and distracting on the Wii-U builds.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Seems like that means the Wii U version might really end up subHD with bad performance. As long as the Zelda team thinks this is the right choice for their game i guess...

zeshakag

I mean, it isn't exactly surprising. Xenoverse 2 seemingly runs at 720p in docked mode. I doubt we'll see much 1080p on this thing.

It's crazy to think a $260 PS4 basic runs Uncharted 4 single player at 1080p and looks amazing. Not to say that BotW doesn't, but you can see a lot of graphical "not quite there" hints during all those trailers :(

Toparaman

Banned
I have to imagine the Switch screen looks dramatically better than the Wii U's blurry screen. I rarely used Off TV mode on the Wii U because the decrease in image quality was so drastic.

While the other 2 consoles pushing for 4K, Nintendo is pushing for 900p.

Not sure what the point is of comparing a portable device to two huge slabs.

It's crazy to think a $260 PS4 basic runs Uncharted 4 single player at 1080p and looks amazing. Not to say that BotW doesn't, but you can see a lot of graphical "not quite there" hints during all those trailers :(

Those are the kind of sacrifices you have to make to keep heat down, noise down, and enable portability with a playable battery life + thinner form factor.

DieH@rd

Banned
I honestly expected this from underclocked Tegra X1. :-/ As I said many times, don't expect miracles with Switch.

[but I did not expect this kind of high pricing]

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
It looked like it was running at a more solid framerate on Switch.

900p's okay, but that would seemingly put it in Xbone territory.

Running a Wii U game in 900p is certainly not Xbone territory.

I honestly expected this from underclocked Tegra X1. :-/ As I said many times, don't expect miracles with Switch.

Yep.

Top Bottom