• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild runs at 900p (docked) and 720p (handheld)

ckaneo

Enjoy playing in 2.5 to 3 hour bursts before needing to fully recharge, I guess. Zelda is a game franchise I prefer to get lost in without having to worry about whether or not my battery is going to die in an hour or so, but that's just me. Something tells me you may be planning this now but when the game is actually in your hands you'll only be playing it docked.
I mean you could just plug it into a wall

killatopak

Not even 1080p

Disgusting.

720p undocked should be okay though since the screen itself is 720p. There shouldn't be much jaggies when playing on the go.

3 hour expected battery life tho. Damn that sucks.

I have said it for generations and here we are again...

The great artwork and visuals in al of these games are let down by being low res, lacking anti-aliasing etc.

Sure they still look very good, but it's such a disappointment.

DieH@rd

Banned
720p in handheld mode, as predicted. I'm ok with this.
Also, here's some wallpaper material to spice things up.

uuyhmx.jpg

qryenz.jpg

There, I fixed that for you.

Mr E.

Is the max resolution on your TV 900p?
No, a lot higher actually.

I'm just surprised that people seem to expect more when the specs for this thing have been known for awhile.

If people are expecting 4K then they need to pull there head out of the clouds.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Do we doubt the previous information about the difference in docked/undocked speeds? Because more than double GPU speed for ~56% more pixels seems odd?

It's not necessarily odd. Other factors like memory bandwidth play a role as well. They do not increase as much in docked mode.

And who knows, maybe the game isn't perfectly locked at 30fps in portable mode, while docked mode at 900p is.

Jarmel

Banned

I'm just surprised that people seem to expect more when the specs for this thing have been known for awhile.

Is anyone expecting 4K?

People were expecting 1080p on a 1080p console. Particularly since it's a cross gen title.

I'm sure everyone was expecting it to be 4k. Got em coach.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Lol 900p what a joke. I dont mind a 720p screen because can you imagine what battery life we'd get if it had a 1080p screen? But it should be able to do 1080p when docked. This is ridiculous.

Spinifex

I am really hyped for Zelda, but not managing 1080p on a console releasing in 2017 is probably the most Nintendo thing to ever happen.

seantos

Neo Member
So a decade after 1080p tv's launch and with everyone else racing to support 4k, Nintendo still can't even make 1080p on their main launch title that's being up-ported from a console with hardware that is years old. I just don't even understand them. Is this a developer issue or Japan in general? I am at a loss to explain this.

I was actually expecting 720p in both modes, so this is a nice surprise. The trailer was running at 30fps, but unlike the Wii U trailers, it didn't seem to dip below that at all from what I could tell.

Instro

Can't even run WiiU games at 1080p. What a mess. I get the feeling that it's even weaker than people were thinking after that recent EG thread.

I'll at Zelda on Wii u and buy switch when it gets its super quick price drop after it flops. 300 dollars for a visual upgrade that small just isn't worth it.

I'm wondering how many people are going to follow this strategy. I'm tempted to do it myself. It's tough to justify spending $300 on a system for one big launch game that's coming out for the Wii U on the same exact day.

Top Bottom