• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild runs at 900p (docked) and 720p (handheld)

Takeru

900p is pretty pathetic, I can already imagine the Wii U version.

Though I might just play this on the go since I'm fine with 720p portable.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
900p with quality AA (apparently) will be great. But framerate and draw distance still need to be known. Hopefully the Switch version will get demoed fairly extensively at the treehouse, so we can compare.

Framerate and pop-in have been noticeable and distracting on the Wii-U builds.

Wait, this has AA?

Peterthumpa

720p in handheld mode, as predicted. I'm ok with this.
Also, here's some wallpaper material to spice things up.

NintendoSwitch_TLOZBreathoftheWild_artwork_illustration_01.jpg

NintendoSwitch_TLOZBreathoftheWild_artwork_illustration_02.jpg

Volotaire

A shame. But, because it's rendered in a better resolution than the Wii U version, I'll play it on this on the Switch, given performance is at least on par with the Wii U.

All I have to do is wait for the console to drop in price enough for me to purchase it.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
How underpowered did they make the Switch if it can't even run a Wii U game at 1080p?

THey didn't make it underpowered. Its the most powerful handheld ever created.

But the answer to what your really asking, the Switch's docked mode(maximum performance) is less than 40% of XB1.

Do we doubt the previous information about the difference in docked/undocked speeds? Because more than double GPU speed for ~56% more pixels seems odd?

sure okay but this is the reality of the system. are we gonna have to endure endless technical threads of people gasping at 720p?

Well yes...

It's just natural that people will compare the technical aspects of games to the cheaper and more powerful home consoles.
Nintendo is betting on a feature with a questionable sized target group to justify a premium price tag.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Terribly disappointing hardware that can't even run a last-gen game at 1080p. But it is what it is, and I must play it.

Huddy

720p in handheld mode is fine, it's just that this game will most likely only give you 3 hours of battery life.

emulating this with Cemu looking like the best option for sure.

I'm seriously considering canceling my Switch preorder and just buying Zelda for Wii U. My gaming PC with 5820K and GTX 1080 can probably push out 4K resolution better than the Switch can handle 900p, even with the bugs and glitches in Cemu.

Nydius

Gold Member
Gonna be playing this in portable only so that;s great.

Same. Comfy bed gaming.

Enjoy playing in 2.5 to 3 hour bursts before needing to fully recharge, I guess. Zelda is a game franchise I prefer to get lost in without having to worry about whether or not my battery is going to die in an hour or so, but that's just me. Something tells me you may be planning this now but when the game is actually in your hands you'll only be playing it docked.

Top Bottom