• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 is 30 fps on consoles, uncapped on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
He's at the event right now, so I'm going to assume he's right.

It's worth noting that the game is being shown on the PS4 Pro at the event as far as consoles go.

Dr Lupo said:
DrLupo ✈ D2‏ @DrLupoOnTwitch

Console 30 fps. PC 60 fps. Probably VSync enabled for smoothness during gameplay.
Source: https://twitter.com/DrLupoOnTwitch/status/865268883673956356

Edit:

PC might be uncapped (as you'd probably expect):

DrLupo said:
DrLupo ✈ D2‏ @DrLupoOnTwitch

PC gameplay looks faster than 60 fps. Crazy smooth.
Source: https://twitter.com/DrLupoOnTwitch/status/865269212343746560

Edit 2:

It's uncapped on PC: http://www.glixel.com/news/bungie-embraces-pc-with-destiny-2-w483017

4k Resolution Support (3820x2160)
Uncapped framerate
Full mouse and keyboard support with custom key mapping
Text chat
Adjustable Field of View
Detailed PC settings screen
21:9 monitor support

Edit 3:

There was some brief confusion over the recording equipment, but it is in fact 30 FPS.

Console framerate was expected

Including Scorpio?

I bet it gets freesync and 60fps.

Youre either ignoring the things MS has said regarding framerate on Xbox One and Scorpio or you've been living under a rock. Im guessing the former.

We had a post the other day suggesting it would run at 60fps on the next PS4 didn't we? As in a better Pro.

Edit:
ThatsMytrunks posted this:
- 60fps (from multiple first hand sources)
- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play), and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox
- Optimized for PS4 Pro, the next PS4, and Scorpio
- More exclusive PS4 content, again. Ugh

Vashetti

Banned
Including Scorpio?

I bet it gets freesync and 60fps.

The Pro's 2.1 and Scorpio's 2.3Ghz CPUs are not enough of a jump over the OG consoles to comfortably get 60.

Plus Sony and MS have mandates about MP performance differences.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Going with PC for this one. MP FPS's this gen have been 60fps and it's hard to go back.

Toni

I don't have the slightest idea how they couldn't achieve 60 fps with those graphics when you compare it with Star Wars Battlefront that looks better, has more physics on screen and its 60 fps on consoles.

Ridley327

Was the first game also 30fps??
How can MP game be 30fps? I am confused.

It was 30 fps on all consoles, and pretty much locked 100% on PS4. I would think that Bungie are more about pushing the visuals and scale of the game than making it a big time competitive game, especially with the game having such a focus on co-op as it is.

Mafro

Not shocked at all at the console version being 30fps, it is Bungie after all.

Meanwhile, Overwatch, Titanfall, COD, Battlefield, Battlefront etc...

jelly

I don't have the slightest idea how they couldn't achieve 60 fps with those graphics when you compare it with Star Wars Battlefront that looks better, has more physics on screen and its 60 fps on consoles.

Frostbite to be fair isn't that stable on consoles but at least it has the chance to hit 60fps.

LAA

Urgh, hoped it would be 60fps on consoles, at least on Pro.
May be a double dip I think... But I suspect PS4 will take me more seeing more friends are on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom