• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 is 30 fps on consoles, uncapped on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Sorry but there's no reason why this game can't be 60fps on pro.
Of course there is. It's called design philosophy.
You don't design for 60fps from the get-go, you ain't hitting 60fps.
They can easily brute-force PC port obviously cause of the added horsepower.

With the same shitty FOV and average graphics of Destiny 1 there's really no excuse for this not to be 60fps in PvP. I can't think of another AAA shooter that is 30fps in mp and some of them look better/have much larger/interactive maps.

Still getting it, but this is seriously disappointing. Every other game in your genre targets 60fps on console. Why are Bungie so stubborn not to target 60fps for this game?

So much for Scorpio being the "definitive" version.

Where was this ever said?

Definitive console version, it most likely will be.

The need for parity for online games across all console models is a big factor which turns me off the Scorpio and Pro. I'm planning on investing in a new PC this summer instead.

Perineum

Why would you expect them to give Pro owners an advantage?

*shrug* because I want the hardware to be taken advantage of? I mean shit base PS4 could probably do 60FPS in MP as well...just tone down some shadows and textures.

PS4 Pro could get a boost in SP and strikes etc for visuals.

Hell, maybe make Pro and Scorpio be cross play and we can all enjoy 60FPS on console. Idgaf, find a way.

30fps 4v4 in 2017.

c9a6ce73df6aa6f9d6a86faf36a1218c.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
*shrug* because I want the hardware to be taken advantage of? I mean shit base PS4 could probably do 60FPS in MP as well...just tone down some shadows and textures.

PS4 Pro could get a boost in SP and strikes etc for visuals.

Hell, maybe make Pro and Scorpio be cross play and we can all enjoy 60FPS on console. Idgaf, find a way.

Sony already mandates you can't do this.

Still getting it, but this is seriously disappointing. Every other game in your genre targets 60fps on console. Why are Bungie so stubborn not to target 60fps for this game?

I could imagine that getting the original PS4 and Xbox One to run Destiny 2 at 60 fps would mean it looks worse graphically than Destiny 1, and having a sequel look worse than its predecessor is probably a no go.

That seems incredibly short sighted having it be 30FPS on console, isn't every multiplayer shooter worth a damn 60FPS in multiplayer at least? This makes the PC version an even more obvious choice.

DryvBy

Hype train crashed into a wall after this reveal. 30 fps, identical graphics, same gameplay, same enemies, "clans", and more disappointment.

If they came out and called this an expansion, no one would bat an eye.

there is no excuse to have 30 FPS on consoles, especially every other shooters like COD, Battlefield, Halo 5, Overwatch... all target 60 FPS

It was ok on the first game since it was last gen game as well. but now there is no excuse.

N7.Angel

Where was this ever said?

Definitive console version, it most likely will be.

The need for parity for online games across all console models is a big factor which turns me off the Scorpio and Pro. I'm planning on investing in a new PC this summer instead.

Not even close, it'll look pretty much the same than the PS4 Pro version and won't have: the community and the early contents, it'll never be definitive on a Xbox platform.

hobozero

There are plenty of reasons. All of which have been covered extensively.

Destiny 1 was small, had vault issues, and couldn't reach 60fps because they had to develop for last gen and current gen consoles.

Destiny 2 is available only on current gen consoles... but can't do 60fps because they have to maintain parity with non-Pro console versions.

Or... their engine is not very good and they don't prioritize 60fps. Totally valid choice, but doesn't mean they shouldn't get called out on it by people who value fps

I am disappointed that it's 30 fps on console. Most likely due to MS contract/mandates. The game looks gorgeous and has a ton of shit going on with it. That's gonna take some cpu power.

Luckily bungie games have always felt good at 30 fps.

Kayant

Oh yes uncapped + fov slider pogchamp.
Yes, Scorpio would be the definitive version while they have a media and DLC agreement with Sony.

Because that was something that was going to happen.
That doesn't stop them from pushing the platform as you can see with PC which is pretty well supported as detailed.

EvB

Destiny 1 was small, had vault issues, and couldn't reach 60fps because they had to develop for last gen and current gen consoles.

Destiny 2 is available only on current gen consoles... but can't do 60fps because they have to maintain parity with non-Pro console versions.

Or... their engine is not very good and they don't prioritize 60fps. Totally valid choice, but doesn't mean they shouldn't get called out on it by people who value fps

Dat Halo haunting us all for all time

Not even close, it'll look pretty much the same than the PS4 Pro version and won't have: the community and the early contents, it'll never be definitive on a Xbox platform.

Has the early content been confirmed again? Would be surprised they go down that route again considering the PC release.

Intrigued how you can guarantee it'll look pretty much the same as the PS4 pro version. I thought the scorpio was a fair whack more powerful? Eh, we'll see at launch I guess.

I'm going down the PC route, either way.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I mean as a gamer, if you really really gave a shit about 60fps by now you would have invested in building a gaming PC. All the maintenance and fiddling would've been worth it if you really truly cared about 60fps. It is the only reliable option of achieving that at the moment and will be till the end of time most likely lol.

For console, you just take it as is. Or you let your voices be heard that you want 60fps games instead of 30. And that's all you can do and vote with your wallet. There will be zero guarantees and the safest and most reliable method will forever remain a gaming PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom