• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 Trailer 2 6/28/07 (p6)

GhaleonEB

This is one of the first game trailers to make me really interested in a game's story. Who's he looking for? What did he survive? I want to know more. The trailer has a lot of nice hooks, but the way story and gameplay are both being teased is quite captivating.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
great trailer. gameplay-wise, though, there seem to be some hints that it will ultimately boil down to "still grand theft auto"; there's nothing wrong with that, per se (i wouldn't want some of my favorite series to change, either), but it doesn't look like anyone not sold on the games before will be drawn in by this.

i'll be more than happy to eat crow, though, should it be properly served

Razoric

Banned
Wollan said:
I saw a toll booth. Disc swapping?

Obvious troll post but along those same lines...

I've been reading about how much art, voice, music, etc is in this game I'm beginning to wonder if the 360 version will indeed be on multiple discs.

Have they already started both will be on one disc yet?

am i the only one who thinks that someone FINALLY put the ps360s polygon crunching power to use? the way everything is built is NUTS! screw the textures look at how much polygon detail is in the buildings, streets, railings and everything else!

X26

Banned
Scopebob Sniperpants said:
Has anyone heard anything about the mini-games? Are they getting rid of any of them? Are they adding any new ones?

I love the graphics, I love the story. But damn. I just want to loaf around in the city and do nothing particular. I always loved that.

Hopefully, and going by the whole things will be different' theme maybe we won't see some ofthe old ones return like paramedic, law enforcement, etc. and instead better, more fitting mini-games. A GTA clone that did mini-games really well and far better than any GTA was Saint's Row, hopefully R* really outshines them in this department.

YYZ

Wollan said:
I saw a troll booth. Disc swapping?
how do you figure? Game will somehow fit onto a DVD9, I hope Rockstar uses the Blu-Ray's capacity to some good use.

IJoel

It's pretty cool that they provided a free picture pack, and wallpaper pack for the Xbox 360.

FREE!? Are you kidding me? It must be a mistake. Hurry, and download it before it's pulled!

YYZ said:
how do you figure? Game will somehow fit onto a DVD9, I hope Rockstar uses the Blu-Ray's capacity to some good use.

Rockstar should copy what The Darkness did. The Darkness for PS3 has ingame TVs that have more shows than the 360 version because of bluray, they should do the same with GTA4, except with radio or other things.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Razoric said:
Obvious troll post but along those same lines...

I've been reading about how much art, voice, music, etc is in this game I'm beginning to wonder if the 360 version will indeed be on multiple discs.

Install disc and play disc? That would be interesting.

calder

Kbsmoker said:
wow its already on psn....
Yeah, special thank-you to MS for getting their videos of games everyone is obviously dying to see on Marketplace asap and forcing Sony to do the same. Wish this game had come out on a day other than Thursday to see if it would convince Sony to have the intern who puts shit up on the PS Store come in on one of the other 6 days in the week. ;)

ice cream

Banned
Well since the GTAs last generation all used the same engine (but a bit modified each game), they're probably gonna do the same with these. Which is cool none the less...

Ragnarok10

iPhone confirmed?

1183058099_1044.png

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Graphics are pretty impressive, considering the other GTAs weren't known for their graphics, but unless the game improves the gameplay - i.e. by having much more fun missions, much more intuitive aiming, and highly improved controls - I am not interested in the slightest.

if there's anything that i got from seeing the trailer, it looks as if the game is gonna be a million times more fun than any other game in the series.

****in, awesome.

Zenith

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
I can state the same... GTA was never a game known for its great graphics, its clear GTA4 ain't gonna be any different.

that's a poor and worn-out excuse. GTA3 had brilliant graphics for its time. it's only because they stuck with the renderware engine that it never advanced last-gen, but they managed to get great increases on the map size and number of objects on screen. in San Andres they even eliminated the loading screen barrier between islands.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
SONY FINALLY LEARNED! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That new Playstation blog is really working.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yeah it looks nice for what it is, but they need to improve from the III series:

Fix the aiming badly
Frame-rate bump (even at the loss of some detail)
No 15 minute real time traverses through the city

I ask this question again; how does GTA4 graphically shit all over nearly every other game out there yet it's far larger in scale then said games?

MercuryLS

Banned
Systems_id said:
I ask this question again; how does GTA4 graphically shit all over nearly every other game out there yet it's far larger in scale then said games?

Because they have the following:

1) bottomless budget

2) 150 people working on this worldwide

3) a whole team dedicated to tech related stuff (making RAGE and making sure everything runs on X360/PS3)

4) Euphoria is FINALLY being used, making other game's animations look basic

5) 3 years of dev time

PleoMax

Banned
I'm really glad that the story seems to be receiving alot of focus, character development and action setpieces should be awesome.

Goddammit, I still don't know which version to buy. The PS3 might have some advantages with Blu-Ray, but the 360's getting the exclusive content and has custom soundtracks.

PleoMax

Banned
disappeared said:
Goddammit, I still don't know which version to buy. The PS3 might have some advantages with Blu-Ray, but the 360's getting the exclusive content and has custom soundtracks.

It's not like you need to know right now.

newsguy

Brandon F said:
http://dailyscreenshots.de/screenshot/silent-hill-3/ps2-1354171
[img]http://m1.freeshare.us/154fs684969.jpg[/QUOTE]

I will kick your balls for what you've done.

And what's all this crazy talk about Euphoria physics? If this is true there will be no reason to play another game EVER. Hitting people with cars will never be the same.

Top Bottom