• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

does sony even care about third parties anymore?

mabuza

Banned
so i'm sitting here watching all these madden commercials and every one of them ends with the 360 logo. dont even think i've seen one with the ps3 logo at the end. i see EA and microsoft launched madden at times square and again where is sony?
now i hear microsoft and konami are about to sign a deal to promote pro evo and 360 in europe and i'm sure we'll be seeing ea and microsoft for fifa as well.
so what is sony playing at? do they even care? seriously these are the biggest casual games out there and you expect them to be a bit more aggresive but seems like they've given up.
wtf sony wake the fuck up, you getting your ass kicked

Kabouter

No, Sony doesn't care about third parties. In fact, they don't care about their PlayStation business. They just sit in their offices every day and fling feces at pictures of Microsoft executives while they think of new mindboggling PR statements.

Threi

notag
What is wrong with GAF today?

That being said i look forward to the "Why do people buy the 360 - It's gunna break anyways" thread.

They are not responsible for marketing third party products.
Mr. Pachunga Chung said:
People can't hold their loads in the drought coming up to Leipzig. It's going to be a slow week for news.

Mr. Pachunga Chung said:

It's August.

chuckconan.gif

The big Times Square Madden billboard has been the 360 box for over a month now. Every now and then MS spends their money wisely. Also, the Toys R Us in Times Square, in its rotating (GINORMOUS) storefront ads, has a big widescreen Madden ad with a fresh 360 right next to it. Smart move, MS.

Visualante said:
They are not responsible for marketing third party products.

There's no way a giant 360 is sitting next to a Madden box on the storefront of the biggest Toys R Us IN AMERICA strictly on the steam of Electronic Arts. Not on your life.

Moostache

Kabouter said:
No, Sony doesn't care about third parties. In fact, they don't care about their PlayStation business. They just sit in their offices every day and fling feces at pictures of Microsoft executives while they think of new mindboggling PR statements.
This may be the best post I have read in weeks....

Definitely brought a smile to my face and had people looking at me funny for laughing out loud at my PC screen....:lol

DuckRacer

MGS4, helping Epic fix up UE3 for PS3, Heavy Rain, and Haze all say hi.

But yeah, they're not doing as much as Microsoft.

slade

Sony's fine. Even if they lose the hardware race, their first party titles make the system worth it.

slade said:
Sony's fine. Even if they lose the hardware race, their first party titles make the system worth it.

You mean PS3 owners are fine. That doesn't sound very good for Sony.

Xisiqomelir said:
Does anyone care about third parties any more?

BioShock is a third party game. So, yeah, probably.

Kabouter said:

Shhhh. don't tell everyone what they do....we must keep them guessing. But just for that, you're on "Flung Poo Pickup Duty" all this week!

sankao

As MS is the market leader currently, Sony can't co-market multiplatform games, it would probably mean more sales for the 360. I think Sony is waiting for their first party line-up to make them pull ahead the competition, somewhere down the road.

slade

BenjaminBirdie said:
You mean PS3 owners are fine. That doesn't sound very good for Sony.

Oh, I don't know, they start software domination on their consoles ala Nintendo.

It's not a strategy that'll win you the console war but hey, at least you'll make money.

no, 3rd party games don't sell on nintendo consoles... sorry, I mean sony consoles

I just can't keep up with the news these days

Top Bottom