• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic [Releasing Date: Dec 20 NA/EU - NDA Lifted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DodgerSan

Blackface said:
This is not true. Blizzard only drops their NDA's during open beta. They also send CDO to everything who leaks anything. Something Bioware has not done to Betacakes. Do you know how easy they could shut that site down? They aren't for a reason.

I was sent a fucking CDO when I recorded my guild killing the first boss of Nax on the PTR and it was posted on Cursegaming/SK (now curse and separate from SK), back in the day.
I believe EA sent CDO to Alterswtor, which is why he moved the server to, Holland I think? Somewhere in EU anyway.

Morn

Banned
Blackface said:
it dropped during the public beta...please read your own stuff. Also, most of the public beta was still under NDA. Read above posted, read the post I wrote about NDA stages. Welcome to Blizzard games.

And the public beta started in March of 2004.

http://www.gamezone.com/previews/item/world_of_warcraft_pc_preview_2

March 28, 2004

The NDA has been lifted, which means we can now talk about this game.

WoW didn't launch until November 2004. That's nearly EIGHT MONTHS without an NDA. You said that Blizzard only drops the NDA weeks before release.

Blackface

Banned
DodgerSan said:
I believe EA sent CDO to Alterswtor, which is why he moved the server to, Holland I think? Somewhere in EU anyway.

Not sure of betacakes got one, if he did he never said.

These companies leak their own information regardless. Blizzard and Bioware make sure it gets out. I know people in beta sharing accounts with 10 people. Not banned at all, and easily trackable.

They don't care, it's there just incase. I would be pissed also if I were some people, but all the information is leaked already. So i don't see the big deal.

Blackface

Banned
Morn said:
And the public beta started in March of 2004.

http://www.gamezone.com/previews/item/world_of_warcraft_pc_preview_2

WoW didn't launch until November 2004. That's nearly EIGHT MONTHS without an NDA. You said that Blizzard only drops the NDA weeks before release.

Please read my posts. Blizzard does NDA in stages. Every stage of BETA has a new NDA. When one stage is over, the other NDA is dropped. You have two people in this very thread confirming to you it did, indeed have an NDA. Blizzard expansions have NDA's. Even SC had an NDA. NDA's exist in ALL MMO's. Each company drops them at different times, and some companies do the NDA's in stages.

WoW's last NDA ended when open beta started, a few weeks before release. Their review NDA ended a week before release.

Blackface

Banned
FieryBalrog said:
Um, "public" beta is the same thing as "closed" beta, requiring invite. WoW never had an open beta. The "public" (closed) beta was started 6 months from launch and had no NDA from day 1. Before that was only a F&F beta and earlier than that, Alpha. Those were also closed, but far more limited hence not "public".

Wow did have an open beta..

http://www.gamershell.com/news_18430.html

pleasee stop. I know what I am talking about. I played that fucking game from closed beta until about a month ago.

edit"

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=21968

and that is the video I got the CDO for posting from the PTR. The CDO was for filefront, who took it down after 250,000 views. It was later uploaded to WCM and not taken down. This was like 5 year ago, omg shoot me now.

Blackface said:
1. 90 percent of Battlenet 2.0 features were put in for World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2

2. The skill system in Diablo 3 is a regression from Diablo 2, and more simple then even World of Warcraft. You can't customize your character anymore.

3. Everythingg else has been in the same style of games for years.

4. You say "it's all new to Diablo". Guess what everything SWTOR is doing is new to SWTOR. Stupid argument is stupid.

None of this is topping Diablo from being a great game. Much like being a traditional MMO isn't stopping SWTOR from being one.

Did you just compare the launch of a MMO in the hundreds of millions of dollars to putting an NDA on patches currently on the PTR for World of Warcraft?

Did WoW have an NDA?
Did Rift have an NDA?
Did GW have an NDA?
Name me one MMO without an NDA. Hell, every WoW expansion ever made had an NDA up until WEEKS before it launched.

dude, I'm excited for SWTOR (having played it!) and agree with you on points, but you're pretty far off on D3. Your second point in particular is extremely poorly informed. Don't allow people hating on SWTOR for dumb reasons to cause you to have to hate something they like or are excited for. Again, you've made some great points in this thread, but the D3 bashing is no better than what others are doing to TOR.

BattleMonkey said:
*harrisonfordwhogivesashit.gif*
Or

cFoj8.jpg

Cystm

Some serious
Han-Solo-trollface-troll-starwars-1300627027V.jpg

going on here

Guess I will come back in a few pages and hope some actual TOR info is discussed.

If anyone else is also interested in more info about the game (SANS THE BULLSHIT GOING ON IN THIS THREAD) There is a Charles Boyd interview that gives some info on the trooper class.

cmoyano

Banned
Moaradin said:
It's the second most polished beta I played. RIFT was the only one I would say was more polished, but it was also further in development at that point. Also was boring as hell, which SWTOR wasn't for me.
Moaradin is a star wars whore who just loves bioware and considers SWTOR the greatest MMO ever made. Yes, you read it here first folks, i know this guy unfortunately and he considers it the BEST MMO EVER even on BETA. He has not found any flaws with this game at all and considers it biowares greatest game. Please...game is so boring and just another mmo. As Morn said, get past level 15 tell me then if you sitll enjoy the repetitive boring lame quests and story line, lets not even mention the setting, cause that city is so damn boring its not even funny. Anyways, point is, dont listen to moaradin, he doesnt have an opinion on this cause to him, its all fact, and that fact is that it is the best mmo to date.

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
cmoyano said:
Moaradin is a star wars whore who just loves bioware and considers SWTOR the greatest MMO ever made. Yes, you read it here first folks, i know this guy unfortunately and he considers it the BEST MMO EVER even on BETA. He has not found any flaws with this game at all and considers it biowares greatest game. Please...game is so boring and just another mmo. As Morn said, get past level 15 tell me then if you sitll enjoy the repetitive boring lame quests and story line, lets not even mention the setting, cause that city is so damn boring its not even funny. Anyways, point is, dont listen to moaradin, he doesnt have an opinion on this cause to him, its all fact, and that fact is that it is the best mmo to date.

He's no worse than the Blizzard fanboys who inhabit this thread. If you think the game is so damn boring, why even bother discussing it? This thread is meant for genuine discussion not abject dismissal. Guess I'll be coming back here when the game is closer to launch.

cmoyano said:
and stop..you didnt have two level 30's you had one..stop lying man, seriously, wtf...

Wow, seriously who are you to be calling out people and making claims you would have no clue at all about? Junior asking for trouble. Your going beyond attacking opinions which already is pretty lame.

kodt

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
Wow, seriously who are you to be calling out people and making claims you would have no clue at all about? Junior asking for trouble. Your going beyond attacking opinions which already is pretty lame.

In his post he claims he knows the guy (assuming he means in real life).

Moaradin

kodt said:
In his post he claims he knows the guy (assuming he means in real life).

He does know me. I played both a Jedi Knight and a Imperial Agent. Knight was my first character but after a bug that made him inaccessible for a week, I made a Imperial Agent and stuck with it.

cmoyano

Banned
Takeda Kenshi said:
He's no worse than the Blizzard fanboys who inhabit this thread. If you think the game is so damn boring, why even bother discussing it? This thread is meant for genuine discussion not abject dismissal. Guess I'll be coming back here when the game is closer to launch.
hey sonny, you read the posts behind? i am so nice i gave a beta acct out on a contest last night...how bout you read before? i have played the beta..its boring..dont be jelly i got two accounts for the beta...also, no, i hate wow, loved aion, hated rift, loved vindictus, hated swtor...gonna love gw2..thats my pattern, any questions?

Morn

Banned
cmoyano said:

He also posted a pre-alpha proof of concept WoW image and tried to pass it off as WoW beta.

cmoyano

Banned
Last Hearth said:
Loved Aion? That might be the one of the most boring games I've ever played.
hey man to each their own, so i dont see wh ppl getting mad at me when i post my opinion about swtor...hylocrites all over

Einbroch

Banned
cmoyano said:
hey man to each their own, so i dont see wh ppl getting mad at me when i post my opinion about swtor...hylocrites all over
I'm not saying this in regards to you, but you see the SAME 2-3 people bashing the game and the SAME 2-3 people defending the game every single day. It's annoying.

Again, not at you.

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
cmoyano said:
hey sonny, you read the posts behind? i am so nice i gave a beta acct out on a contest last night...how bout you read before? i have played the beta..its boring..dont be jelly i got two accounts for the beta...also, no, i hate wow, loved aion, hated rift, loved vindictus, hated swtor...gonna love gw2..thats my pattern, any questions?

Sonny? Are you fucking kidding me? hahaha My god man, you really are completely clueless. For the love of God since you gave away your beta access just leave this thread already. All you have done is polluted it with your petulant drivel.

Oh and for the record, I was in beta too. So don't act like you have some kind of fucking high ground.

cmoyano

Banned
Takeda Kenshi said:
Sonny? Are you fucking kidding me? hahaha My god man, you really are completely clueless. For the love of God since you gave away your beta access just leave this thread already. All you have done is polluted it with your petulant drivel.

Oh and for the record, I was in beta too. So don't act like you have some kind of fucking high ground.
sonny...tsk tsk...no sonny...behave sonny

gatti-man

cmoyano said:
You should tag this in any post you make about mmos so everyone knows not to take you seriously.

cmoyano said:
Tell us how you really feel.

cmoyano

Banned
HarryDemeanor said:
Tell us how you really feel.
i feel like some of you are jelly that i got two beta invites and a lot of you didnt...its ok, ppl envy me usually cause am good looking, tall, rich and have a very good gaming rig.

kodt

Banned
cmoyano said:
i feel like some of you are jelly that i got two beta invites and a lot of you didnt...its ok, ppl envy me usually cause am good looking, tall, rich and have a very good gaming rig.

You also say jelly, most of us aren't cool like that.

cackhyena

cmoyano said:
I bet you think someone here believes you, don't you lil guy.

Gvaz

Banned
Billychu said:
EVE, Guild Wars 2, Realm of the Mad God, World of Darkness.
Never heard of the third, world of darkness last I checked was completely incosequential, and guild wars 2 has a lot of hype to live up to from the first boring ass game.

And eve pretty much just has all the spergs, about 300k of them.

Blackface said:
Darkfall, Perpetum, Black Prophecy, Fallen Earth, I could go on for about 30 more.

Fallen Earth beta was terrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.

If only Hellgate wasn't instanced and buggy, and tabula rasa was like in release like it was in beta (one gun dude could solo groups of mobs 10+ levels above him, it was cool as hell but broken. Then they "fixed" it and it just made it boring.)

Gvaz said:
Never heard of the third, world of darkness last I checked was completely incosequential, and guild wars 2 has a lot of hype to live up to from the first boring ass game.

And eve pretty much just has all the spergs, about 300k of them.

You are not addressing his point. Both GW and EVE are innovative in some aspects, whether you enjoy playing them or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom