• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game |OT| -- Seven Exes and Tons of KOs

Volcynika

vKfeI.png

Summary

Scott Pilgrim is the rock-n-roll love story for the 8-bit generation. Scott Pilgrim is a loveable loser whose life is turned upside down when a mind-blowing delivery girl named Ramona Flowers starts popping up everywhere, even in his dreams. Could she be his true love? But the path to Ms. Flowers isn't covered in rose petals. The League of Ramona's Evil Exes stands in the way. To get the girl, Scott must not only defeat the seven evil exes, but also take responsibility and become a better person. Scott Pilgrim is about kisses and KOs .

Basic Info

Publisher: Ubisoft
Platform: PSN / XBLA
Rating: T for Teen
Release Dates: PSN: 8/10/10 ($9.99) | XBLA: 8/25/10 (800 Points??)

Key Features *From Ubisoft's Site

PLAY AS OR PLAY WITH YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS
-Fight as SCOTT PILGRIM, RAMONA FLOWERS, STEPHEN STILLS and KIM PINE or as one surprise character, each with their own signature moves and attacks.
-Team up with up to 3 of your friends on the same console and combine your skills in over-the-top super CO-OP attacks for more devastation.
-Not only can you help your friends by reviving their characters or sharing health and coins, but also compete with them in subspace mini-games to earn more experience, coins and lives.
-Experience alternate game endings depending on the character you choose.
-Summon for a limited time an AI ally – such as the deadly Knives Chau – to help you strike your enemies.

RELIVE SCOTT PILGRIM’S ADVENTURES IN AWESOME 8-BIT
-Old-school graphic design with next-gen HD technology.
-8-BIT retro-gaming animations by the world-famous Pixel Artist PAUL ROBERTSON.
-More than 30 original music tracks by chiptune heroes ANAMANAGUCHI rock the game and can be unlocked and collected for later enjoyment.
-Features exclusive retro cut scenes and art by Bryan Lee O’Maley, SCOTT PILGRIM creator.
-Includes tons of references to new and old cult games.

FIGHT FOR LOVE AND BECOME THE BEST 23-YEAR-OLD EVER!
-Defeat Ramona’s 7 ex-boyfriends and their weird hordes of hipsters, emos, paparazzi, aliens, flying piggy banks (yes, flying piggy banks!) and many many more.
-Progress by earning trophies that will allow your character to level-up and learn numerous deadly fighting moves.
-Earn coins during your journey and exchange them in one of 14 shops for food or snacks that increase your strength, speed, defense and will power.
-Get each of your quests rewarded by spending quality time with the girl of Scott’s dreams – Ramona Flowers.

Images

oZssu.jpg
XLATf.jpg

KXtZy.jpg
H9qTH.jpg

WIQ8A.jpg
jB5Rg.jpg

Videos

E3 2010 Trailer
Comic-Con 2010 Trailer

Reviews

Joystiq: 5/5
IGN: 8/10
Eurogamer: 7/10

notworksafe

Sweet thread! I have to admit I don't know squat about Scott Pilgrim, but I'll play any NES/SNES style game so I'm ready for this. :D

Volcynika

Pimpbaa said:
But it looks like a 16-bit game.

Well tell that to Ubi, that's where I got that from :lol

And I glanced around for availability of the soundtrack on like iTunes or something, but I didn't see anything yet.

ultron87

I wish I had a second PS3 controller so I could justify getting this tomorrow instead of waiting for the Xbox version.

ezekial45

Banned
Can't wait to play it. :D What time will it be up on PSN?

I must say, i'm a little worried that the game is going to be extremely short. I'm hoping there will be more than 7 stages. :lol

Pimpbaa

Volcynika said:
Well tell that to Ubi, that's where I got that from :lol

I know. All the info I see on this game says 8-bit but it would take a neo geo to do the kinda stuff this game is doing.

Volcynika

ezekial45 said:
Can't wait to play it. :D What time will it be up on PSN?

I must say, i'm a little worried that the game is going to be extremely short. I'm hoping there will be more than 7 stages. :lol

I said in another thread, whenever Grace Chen feels like putting it up!

I bet it'll be kinda short-ish, but $10 for an ok length game of it's type, multiple characters/multiple endings/etc., doesn't seem that bad to me.

Grayman

Pimpbaa said:
But it looks like a 16-bit game.
the 8-bit generation also played 16 bit games, but other promotion cements abusing the term.

RELIVE SCOTT PILGRIM’S ADVENTURES IN AWESOME 8-BIT
-Old-school graphic design with next-gen HD technology.
-8-BIT retro-gaming animations by the world-famous Pixel Artist PAUL ROBERTSON.

Tiktaalik

I'm really, really excited about this game. I've only played about 5 minutes of it, but it was awesome. It seems like it could end up being an incredible River City Ransomlike. I'm hoping the entire game can sustain the good pace that I experienced.

fernoca

Doesn't the game costs $14.99 on PSN and 1200 Microsoft Points?
$9.99 was for preorders or something I think; with the Home shirt.

Raife

What time does the PS Store update with the new content? I searched online and found everything from 12:00 a.m. (LIES!!!) to 3 p.m. I've never actually cared enough about a game to want to download it the second it's out. This is new for me, and past my bedtime. :lol

Aeana

fernoca said:
Doesn't the game costs $14.99 on PSN and 1200 Microsoft Points?
$9.99 was for preorders or something I think; with the Home shirt.
Thanks for mentioning that. I was going to wait, but I went ahead and preordered for the $10.

fernoca

Aeana said:
Thanks for mentioning that. I was going to wait, but I went ahead and preordered for the $10.
That's the thing.
I've read so many conflicting reports about that price.
Maybe the $14.99/1200 was just a mistake and the game is indeed $9.99/800 MS Points.
Maybe $9.99 is PSN-exlcusive price and the Live version costs 1200 (which is $14.99).

Hmm....

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The $15 was a mistake.. or they retracted it anyway.

It's $10 forever.

Pimpbaa said:
I know. All the info I see on this game says 8-bit but it would take a neo geo to do the kinda stuff this game is doing.
I've noticed a lot of people lazily call anything with sprites "8-bit"... (see: Cave Story).

Fletcher

if you buy it from ubisoft use the promo code 10THANKS and get a buck off. 8.99

anyone try redeeming the code yet? I just purchased it and it said "available for download now."

BocoDragon

Aeana said:
Oh well. Now I'm just getting it earlier than I anticipated, no big deal.
It's not like it's a loss.. this is a must buy in my mind :D

BocoDragon said:
The $15 was a mistake.. or they retracted it anyway.

It's $10 forever.

I just bought it from the Ubisoft store thinking it was going to be $15 on PSN.

Now I have a new shirt to make my Home avatar look pretty.

BocoDragon

Aeana said:
I was just going to finish reading the comic first. I'm only in the middle of book 3.
I'd be surprised if this game is really a coherent telling of the SP story, but we'll see.... Didn't someone say that the story concept was "as if it was developed in Japan with a distant understanding of the original story"? something like that. (reminds me of Konami's vision of The Simpsons and TMNT)

Also, with the last SP book not even being finished before this game, and the movie, were in production... it's not as if they're all firmly based on one source. All three works were kind of riffing on the same source concept in their own way :D

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Fletcher said:
anyone try redeeming the code yet? I just purchased it and it said "available for download now."
On a whim, I just tried to redeem my code (it's about 2AM here)...no dice.

I'm guessing the code won't work until the update later in the day.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Blader5489 said:
According to IGN, the XBLA version costs 1200 points.

Huh... Maybe its wrong?

From what I know, the PS3 version is 9.99/800. I don't think its fair that the PS3 version is 9.99/800 and the 360 version is 14.99/1200. :/

ULTROS! said:
Huh... Maybe its wrong?

From what I know, the PS3 version is 9.99/800. I don't think its fair that the PS3 version is 9.99/800 and the 360 version is 14.99/1200. :/

Its Fair. Look what they got as Summer Arcade Games.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Awww man... I didn't know you could pre-order the game! If I had knew, I should had done that and use a code. =(

I tried to pre-order but Ubisoft site doesn't let me anymore.

Top Bottom