• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix- English Translation!

JVIDICAN

This was actually completed around mid-July, but I just discovered it and.. it's not posted on GAF... so.... Here it is! :D

Kh2fmp_logo.jpg

In English, Yo!

Translation Site(w/ DL links):
http://xeeynamo.blogspot.com/2011/07/kingdom-hearts-ii-final-mix.html

How to Patch:
Xeeynamo said:
To patch the game you need to extract to the same folder the patcher, the patch and the ISO of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix from your original copy of the game. Drag the patch file to the patcher. When the patcher shows you the changelog and the other info, write into the window the name of the ISO. At this point, after pressing RETURN, the ISO will patch permanently, so be sure to protect all your original copies before to continue.

For those wondering whats new in Final Mix:
kh2.co.uk said:
- 7+ New Boss Battles (“Organization XIII” Members & “Enigmatic Soldier”)
- 10+ New Cutscenes
- 2 Additional Sidequests (“Organization XIII Mushrooms” & “Piece Collection” Mode)
- Theatre Mode (Rewatch Cutscenes in Japanese/English)
- Additional Difficulty Level (“Critical”)
- New Explorable Areas (“Cave of Remembrance” & “Garden of Assemblage”)
– New & Reworked Enemies (Statistic & Colour Changes)
– New Drive Form (“Limit Form”)
– New Drive Gauge Limit (Increased to 9)
– New Abilities
– New Synthesis Items
– New Accessories
– New Weapons (e.g. “Acrossing Two” & “Proof of Victory” Keyblades)

Translation in Action:
http://youtu.be/lSHyQcLe47Y

Levyne

Banned
Well...Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't coming anytime soon..

would be awesome to have a "Guide for Dummies" written up...*points to self*

Luigi87

Awesome to see another update with most translations done, as last one I saw basically was still only menus + crash fix.

LiK

better than nothing.

you'd think S-E would release Final Mix in English since KH3 is still far away.

JVIDICAN

Khold said:
Well...Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't coming anytime soon..

would be awesome to have a "Guide for Dummies" written up...*points to self*

Added "How to Patch" to the OP. Hopefully that helps. :p

Levyne

Banned
JVIDICAN said:
Added "How to Patch" to the OP. Hopefully that helps. :p

You know what? Too many new games coming out to retread old ground, leaning towards not bothering....

Not dissing the effort invovled, just too late..Final Mix was in 07...entered and graduated college since then...wow

Nix

Banned
Skilletor said:
They're too busy releasing new KH games.

Hilarious! Oh, you meant KH 3DDD...carry on.

Would love SE to bundle 1 and 2 in an HD package one of these days; would be downright awesome.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
LiK said:
better than nothing.

you'd think S-E would release Final Mix in English since KH3 is still far away.

Or, you know, cause KH 1 and 2 did better than the last several FF games in the US.

I still don't understand the rationale about SE not bringing these FM versions over. There are more than enough fanatical people to justify bringing these games over to Japan, but not here where KH is bigger (specifically in NA)? I don't think so. And people who'll buy the updated version down the line have to count for something too.

Oh, oh, and how about what they did for BBS. "lol so the English version will have new content...yay! Oh, but then the FM version we'll release for Japan has that stuff ON TOP of new stuff that wasn't added in the English versions. lolz."

Oh, they fixed the game freezing after opening a chest and opening a menu thing? I might give this one another try.

I still go back and do some of the optional bosses now and then. Soooo good.

Be careful with this packer, because with my experiments the game became bugged when I put back to the ISO the KH2.IMG that is equal or bigger than the original file (to avoid this I removed the Lion King's world and the game works well).

So, to be clear, does this have the Lion King world already hacked out, or does it suggest you do that, or is this only if you try to further modify the game?

JVIDICAN

Kulock said:
So, to be clear, does this have the Lion King world already hacked out, or does it suggest you do that, or is this only if you try to further modify the game?
It's there.
Someone says that the Lion King's world is not present in this patch: Fake. Previously I said that with my packer/unpacker, the world of Lion King is not accessible, so I remove it, but I prefer to release a full patched game with everything accessible, so I spent more time to avoid the patching process with my tool (that work, the real problem born when I put back KH2.IMG file).

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm about to complete BbS, and it's been a while since I've seen the console Kingdom Hearts, but they still look amazing.

BbS looks good for what it is, and I love my handhelds, but the compromise to scope, geometry, and visual fidelity is too steep.

LiK

Kagari said:
I forgot how nice KH2 looked...

production values were great. too bad the game was so much easier than the original.

i wouldn't be surprised if the first two KHs had HD remakes.

LiK said:
production values were great. too bad the game was so much easier than the original.

i wouldn't be surprised if the first two KHs had HD remakes.

The controls in KH2 were a lot better which makes playing the original rather uncomfortable now.

JVIDICAN

Jinfash said:
That's my exact reaction to the video in the OP, but I should probably give some credit to PCSX2.
I'm playing through it blown up on a 46in plasma using OPL. It still looks pretty damn good.
The game is just really "clean" and colorful from a visual standpoint. It's aged great.

Aeana

I wonder if GSM could force 480p for this game. It works with KH1, so maybe it will with 2 also. 1 looks absolutely fantastic with it.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I just recently replayed KH2. It was fantastic. I swear KH2 was my most anticipated game of all time...it was ridiculous how much I was into it back then before it got released.

The fact that there's no sign of a proper KH3 anytime soon is truly depressing for me :|

Fuck you, Nomura.

Aeana said:
I wonder if GSM could force 480p for this game. It works with KH1, so maybe it will with 2 also. 1 looks absolutely fantastic with it.

For a 2002 game KH1 does look pretty damn good.

LiK

The Broken Ska Record said:
I would buy the shit out of an HD collection. Even more so if it includes BBS.

i see the console versions getting one HD pack and the portables getting a second HD pack. gotta milk them all.

Aeana

Bel Marduk said:
For a 2002 game KH1 does look pretty damn good.
I just wish GSM's 480p mode worked with more games. DQ8 and FF12, the really big ones I wanted it to work with, just give black screens. The 1080i mode works with them, though, so that's something.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about:
Graphics Synthesizer Mode Selector

LiK said:
i see the console versions getting one HD pack and the portables getting a second HD pack. gotta milk them all.
I'm not so sure it'd work out that way. Don't forget that when KH2:Final Mix+ and Re:CoM were packaged together, a completed save of either game would unlock some stuff in the other game.

LiK

badcrumble said:
I'm not so sure it'd work out that way. Don't forget that when KH2:Final Mix+ and Re:CoM were packaged together, a completed save of either game would unlock some stuff in the other game.

an even better incentive to split them up!

Shadow780

Jinfash said:
- They're stupid
- They love milking the IP

Can't figure out which one you're hinting.

- They're stupid at milking their IPs

Yeah I'm going to hop on the rainbow that says KHFM+KH2FM Collection.

JVIDICAN

Aeana said:
I just wish GSM's 480p mode worked with more games. DQ8 and FF12, the really big ones I wanted it to work with, just give black screens. The 1080i mode works with them, though, so that's something.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about:
Graphics Synthesizer Mode Selector
Just tested 480p mode myself. I can confirm it works. :)
EDIT: Sometimes freezes on a black screen during cut scenes though. :/

Top Bottom