• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hour of Borderlands 2 Coop Footage with Randy Pitchford (+mechromancer preview)

jediyoshi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6fdpz-bAIw&hd=1

Mechromancer footage around 55:23

Here is the IGN 1 hr footage with Salvador and Zer0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVmmt9_kCiw&hd=1

lwJMh.jpg

Unfinished model

Fuck, still need to finish the first one, either solo or with my brother. I don't know why I stopped playing it, it's a really fun game. I like in the sequel how they're apparently making the guns a little more personalised, if anything about the first one lacked it was a sense of "Wow, this gun is mine, and is awesome, and I will never get rid of it ever"

Raide

Looking good. Cannot wait to dive into the game. Spend a crazy amount of time with BL2, so BL2 should be awesome. Looking forward to seeing what DLC they announce also.

S1kkZ

are they showing the pc version (with 360 pad) again? i am a bit worried that they havent shown the console versions at all.

I haven't been following this at all/maybe one of you duders know the answer:
do bosses now have a chance of dropping different loot? was kinda shitty in the first game how running a boss again he would just drop the same stuff every time.

Eideka

Banned
are they showing the pc version (with 360 pad) again? i am a bit worried that they havent shown the console versions at all.

It does not look impressive at all in this video, I don't see why you should be worried about the console versions.

Raide

I haven't been following this at all/maybe one of you duders know the answer:
do bosses now have a chance of dropping different loot? was kinda shitty in the first game how running a boss again he would just drop the same stuff every time.

Not sure if it will be signature stuff again or if they drop loot chests instead. I am sure some signature stuff is bound to be in there but hopefully with some more interesting variations. :D

Not sure if it will be signature stuff again or if they drop loot chests instead. I am sure some signature stuff is bound to be in there but hopefully with some more interesting variations. :D

Agreed. I think I would have gotten more play time in if the bosses had random loot tables(at least a few different items). Gonna start keeping an eye on this as we're getting closer to launch.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
HYPE+1000000000!

I already have 3 friends ready for Co-Op actions but I don't mind to do it with Gaffers again when Mechromancer release to the public.

I really hope that Mechromancer release on first day tho.

Fou-Lu

I need this so bad, but my budget on games is already way over for this year.... *sigh* (Where's the cheapest I can get it?...)

S1kkZ

It does not look impressive at all in this video, I don't see why you should be worried about the console versions.

bl 1 had framerate issues (and much worse textures than the ps3 version) on 360, it got really bad when you used a sniper weapon and landed a headshot. i hope it runs better this time.

ZenVolta

I love what they are doing with the gun models. So much verity. I hope the wave mode gets the proper love this time around. Moxxi is cool but her DLC was kinda lack luster IMO.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So hyped for this.

Only problem is I planned my vacation ahead of time and I am leaving the day after it launches, haha.

I really hope that Mechromancer release on first day tho.

I hope so too, but I'm thinking it'll probably come out around 30 days after launch, judging by what Pitchford is saying. She's pretty damn adorable.

Hulud

I think I can literally feel the hype inside me. Either that or the chili I had earlier is about to make a second appearance.

Cake Boss

Banned
Bullet Sponge the game, the reason why I hated the 1st one, the enemy just absorbs bullets with no reaction to them at all, no feedback, no animation of getting shot, just bullet sponge and a health bar, they just keep running at you with bullets in their head until they die, not to mention the crappy AI.

Also the hud and the menu looks like ass, cluttered more than the COD games.

Ugh :/

Who wants to buy me a new Xbox since mine red ringed twice this summer so I can play this with my Borderlands-obsessed friends when the game launches?

Game looks so ace

Hulud

Bullet Sponge the game, the reason why I hated the 1st one, the enemy just absorbs bullets with no reaction to them at all, no feedback, no animation of getting shot, just bullet sponge and a health bar, they just keep running at you with bullets in their head until they die, not to mention the crappy AI.

Having an enemy die in one headshot every time in an RPG like BL would be like having every enemy die from one hammer smash in an Elder Scrolls game. It should only happen in the endgame when you have the best equipment.

I see what you mean though. Personally, I'd rather Borderlands go even more into RPG territory than see it try and compete with non-rpg fps games like Halo or Battlefield. Then again, I'm one of those crazies who was not bothered by Morrowind's swing-and-miss combat system.

Krabboss

I have to agree that it looks like an unimpressive shooter, but I didn't watch the entire video (it wasn't so exciting). I'm still taking a wait and see approach with this game, because I remembered how burned I felt after getting excited for the first game and not enjoying it all that much.

BigDug13

What exactly do you want? It's an RPG. The enemies are supposed to react to damage like Diablo monsters react to damage. As in no real reaction. It's Diablo with way more fun combat than click, click, click. It's not supposed to appeal to CoD fans or Halo fans. It's supposed to appeal to Diablo fans who still enjoy FPS style combat.

Like Diablo, there are skills you can choose that can do things like stun enemies, daze enemies, etc.

Maybe it's not your kind of game.

Having an enemy die in one headshot every time in an RPG like BL would be like having every enemy die from one hammer smash in an Elder Scrolls game. It should only happen in the endgame when you have the best equipment.

I see what you mean though. Personally, I'd rather Borderlands go even more into RPG territory than see it try and compete with non-rpg fps games like Halo or Battlefield. Then again, I'm one of those crazies who was not bothered by Morrowind's swing-and-miss combat system.

From what I've heard this game is suppose to have improved reactions from at least some of the enemies. I didn't see it in the video, but I heard you are able to shoot the limbs off of those robot enemies.

I don't personally care about the lack of enemy model reaction because you see the damage number pouring out of the enemy as you shoot them, hit them with status effects, or do critical damage. It's just a different way of giving you feedback like in Darksiders 2 or the Elder Scrolls like you mentioned.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hey guys, this game has DLC. Better get your pitchforks out.

LOL!

I'm fine with DLCs. Do you know why? They know how to deliver awesome and well-thought dlcs for Borderlands (except Moxi one, it took me long time to complete since my friends and I kept losing our motivation to finishing it up.)

alba

Little is the new Big
I still believe Borderlands is the only game this generation that has relevant and actually good DLC. It's shocking :p

Top Bottom