• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | December 2012 Thread | Poppin' icons until the world ends....

ySr0r.png

PS3Trophies.org - Trophy guides, roadmaps

Xbox360Achievements.org - Achievement guides & roadmaps

PS3Trophies.com - Trophy guides & roadmaps, also has a wide selection of gamercards

TrueAchievements - Adjusts rarity and difficulty of each achievement to produce a "True Achievement" score.

Raptr - Tracks gaming activity on both console and PC

Playfire - Tracks gaming activity, analogous to Raptr

Steam Community - Tracks global Steam achievement stats

YourGamercards | Playstation.com | Xbox.com - Generate Gamercards

PSNProfiles - PS3 Trophy card generator, tracks Vita games as well with a very detailed profile page

Exophase - Multi-system cards, PSN leaderboards, and trophy lists for every PS3 and PSVita game.

PSN Trophy Leaders - Clean site with clear options to sort your trophies and check your progress

Hakoom.net - Site of avid Trophy collector Hakoom with tips, livestreams and blogposts. If you're an idiot you can send him some of your games

1 Million Gamerscore - Site of avid Achievement Collector Stallion83 on his quest to 1.000.000 GS. Podcasts and blogposts can be found here too.

Vs22k.png

PS WILL STRAIGHTHEN OUT THE LISTS THIS WEEK TO MAKE THEM LOOK PROPER

PS3+PSVITA
Code:
Tryckser	13710
Noisama	9015
TurkishEmperor	7935
Returners	7860
LiquidSolid	7290
Goonboy	6795
Alexein88	6690
Musiol	6405
SnowHawk	5895
RAD27-D	5190
Number45	5115
Angelsoldier	4725
Tizoc789	4650
Barrin87	4425
brentech	4290
GraveRobberX	4140
CorporateClown	4020
theDeeDubs	3960
JoniP	3915
I3rand0	3660
Balphon	3585
StunandStab	3420
SirSmokesAlot69	3285
Atolmspek	3255
WilhelmSH	3255
Starky27	3240
B-Dex	3210
Spwni	2970
Jucksalbe	2940
Mistouze666	2925
Smithnco	2865
TheBkMogul	2775
Footos22	2730
mik_pad	2640
hanmik	2625
Abylim	2610
Zieghardt	2580
itzknickknac	2520
StevePharma	2505
daevv	2505
OldJimiDini	2460
ImperatorA3	2460
Disgaeaclassy	2415
mob_skater	2355
Scoott	2310
kassatsu	2295
TheWrenchNinja	2085
glaurung	2085
UNCyrus	2025
MaxSanson	1995
saveweyard	1890
izakq	1830
Grandben	1695
Gazel_Ministry	1650
almighty-slayer	1635
CorrisD	1620
Lordchopsington	1620
Zerokoolpsx	1605
Mobius1B7R	1560
Wario64	1515
lowemark	1515
KaizorPenguin	1485
Zhund0r	1485
PlatinumGuns	1425
BanjoCascante	1425
AmnesiacWanderer	1395
N30RYU	1350
JohnnySasaki86	1335
darkside31337	1335
YaHozna	1290
DanielM1979	1275
abrack08	1275
StingX2	1200
BHK3	1185
DeathGazer	1170
gamerecks	1170
Deepo-EG	1140
AgentX	1125
impact1g	1110
BlindMonkey	1110
Sykotech	1110
The-Praiseworthy	1095
Scrubjay84	1080
skynidas	915
lunchtoast	870
WanderXMono	825
CecilMcW00t	795
george21000	780
Erdrick	760
HighLuxury	750
Daniel_Gonzz	750
CaptQasiel	735
shamanick	720
Im-Braveheart	720
Amishpriest	720
Panaslayer	705
Cornbread78	675
sephi22	570
Gekkoton	555
worldrevolution	555
nsv94	540
flakari	510
ruthlesbarbarian	450
Hycran	450
PinkuSupaida	435
GU_mehm	435
AbbyVampire	405
mattwestcott	345
Cagalli	225
Seraphis Cain	210
Berkeru	195
catchabadone	180
YobRenoops	150
BF_36	120
Neozylom	90
ChauncyTalon	45
zychi	45
MatOfTheDead	30
azezsama	15
DessieB93	15

XBOX360+WINDOWS8/GFW+WINDOWS PHONE
Code:
Rand al Thor 19	12840
xL1QUID SWORDSx	5255
ThingontheFloor	4715
AlphaTwo00	4705
StingX2	4645
Tony is Daring  	3960
MR BLACKMAGIK	3956
george21000	3475
bosox06	3355
daevv	3120
rayner2814	2930
Nemesis556	2915
Fatal X Fate	2875
MattyHustedUk	2855
xGeneralIce	2420
U2NUMB	2210
Neuromancer	2190
SiegfriedX	2055
MR2Day	2040
t4z0	1875
Daigoro	1555
Tru Talon	1420
StealthyyJesus	1210
NZ Seance	1135
mocoworm	1065
nocturnedelight	1050
ChaosMonferno7	1040
endresults	1035
BigOilersFan	900
The Wesker	795
I3rando	780
bigdaddygamebot	710
Wariosixfour	650
LordOdadjian	575
Kakansho	560
Worried Student	340
Kanownik	310
Red Hysteria	285
KoreanBarbeque	280
Gamejunky2	230
ARCADE FIR3	215
Caduceus006	205
AbbyVampire	145
larvi	140
Amish Priest 99	40
PlatinumGuns	30
Footos22	25

gamercardbannerwideu4ke3.png

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

• Generate a Gamercard @ psnprofiles.com (PS3) and/or xboxgamertag.com (X360)
  • Post the card in the thread. Say something like "Add me bro!"
  • From next month on, you'll be added to the leaderboard and your score will be tallied
  • Scores are tallied from post#2 in this thread on the last day of the month @ 8 pm GMT+1
  • Top 5 Xbox and PS3 collectors for the month get on the OCD card.

PS. NOT EVERY PSNPROFILES DISPLAYS CORRECTLY YET. WILL BE FIXED IN THE COMING WEEK.

Returners

Alright so, here I was playing Uncarded and I thought why not, let's jump into a multiplayer match for dat 1 bronze trophy.

Lo and behold my first game came up and it was....

jhdPy.jpg

Yeah... HIM.

I actually don't think he knew what was going on because...

eDkqu.jpg

And "Kitty Got Wet".

Either way, anyone still playing All-Stars? Add me on PSN.

Daevv and Steve we're still on for Zombies right? Hope to knock them out this weekend. :D

Joni

December Goals:
- Reach level 25. It should be quite easy. At this moment I'm level 24, 97%. Unless I stop playing it is a given that I will attain it.
- Gather at least two Platinum Trophies, hopefully three to reach 80 Platinums.
- Finish Ben 10, The Unfinished Swan and Battleship.
- Maybe reach top 50 in my country's ranking.

SykoTech

Can't blame ya for switching from YGCs. Haven't been there in awhile, but I remember them being down like every other day.

And yeah, I guess Accomplishments didn't really take off the first month. Then again, neither did the Wii U itself.

Looks like my card and a few others have their IMG links broken.

Yeah stuff is whack right now. I had to tally and make the thread in between other stuff so I'll sort everything out this weekend. For now enjoy the sloppy

Returners said:
Daevv and Steve we're still on for Zombies right? Hope to knock them out this weekend. :D

Sure am. If I don't show up right away because of time zone difference just start without me, no problem.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Broke 97,000 last night. The ridiculous Microsoft Store sale has given me waaaay too much to play. Witcher 2, Spec Ops, Forza Horizon, Dance Central 3 all for $10-15 on top of still wrapping up Hitman and about to start Far Cry 3...I'm typically the type of gamer that hates having more than 2 games to play on top of this.

Sweet, just squeezed into the top 3 (on 360). Rand al Thor 19, tho... hot damn. Luckily, December is a sloooow release month which will allow me to catch up on everything that fell into the backlog.

Now if I can just put down/finally beat Persona 4 Golden...

alexein

yeah, in the top ten!
Got the 100% in chronovolt even though its unpatched in ue, you should do the same as plants vs zombies,lol

daevv

Either way, anyone still playing All-Stars? Add me on PSN.

I still need the Allstars play against a friend trophy. I should be on later tonight for a quick match.

I'm good for this weekend as I'm off Saturday night and all day Sunday. I'm off Friday (tomorrow) during the day but the night I have plans. I still need to sync my mic to my new PS3.

Sure am. If I don't show up right away because of time zone difference just start without me, no problem.

What times are best for you guys to play? I haven't touched the zombie mode yet so I plan on playing a few practice games tonight and tomorrow morning to get used to the level at least.

Cool, new thread. I was waiting/too lazy to post this:

Platinum #109 - Killzone HD
Pretty easy platinum, just pretty repetitive to finish 4 times. Checkpoints can be stupidly placed in a number of levels but after MOH Frontline, I'm just glad there WERE some (or, in other words, fuck Frontline). I ended up liking the game a lot more than I did back when I played it on PS2 though, probably a combination of the framerate and the fact that it's not just a corridor shooter, like pretty much every shooter is nowadays.

Now I'm playing Mass Effect 1, which is a surprisingly good port, aside from the menus and idiotic mini-game (which the PC did FAR better).

Montresor

Hey graverobber, I bought some DLC for Sleeping Dogs so I wouldn't have to stress over that Triad achievement. Now I can wear what I want all-game long. Don't hurt me. >,<

Loving Sleeping Dogs. This will be my first 1000 in awhile!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hey graverobber, I bought some DLC for Sleeping Dogs so I wouldn't have to stress over that Triad achievement. Now I can wear what I want all-game long. Don't hurt me. >,<

Loving Sleeping Dogs. This will be my first 1000 in awhile!

All good bro, was just looking out for us trophy/cheev getters

If you can give tips before someone finishes or streamlining their time, it's always a good thing

Damn Borderlands 2 is huge, Holy Hell

Noi

Oh wow, I didn't think I'd rank in the top 5 this month. That Ratchet & Clank collection did wonders.

Edit: Btw Steve, if you have the PSNprofiles cards ranked on a list somewhere, I'm willing to make them not sloppy right now. I've got the time!

SxP

Oh wow, I'm in top 10? Didn't expect that. I guess PSABR + getting a Vita can do wonders for trophy getting.

Don't think I'll be getting a platinum this month, but reaching lvl 15 is a given.

Well then, cracked top 5 on the 360 chart, definitely aided by running a achievement competition with friends, which forced me to clear out some of the backlog.

Most Wanted being easier than expected also helped.

Been hitting my backlog like a beast. Managed to crack top 3 on 360. Hope I can keep this pace up... Sadly while I do the PS3 continues to collect dust with a massive backlog :(

jimi_dini

Got Fallout New Vegas Platinum finally.

The game is so awesome, but the engine is so shitty. If I wouldn't know better, I would say that Wii U OS was created by Bethesda. So many lock-ups. So many restart game and hold hidden button combination to clear cache. And I'm not even through the DLC missions.

I managed to beat Fallout 3 GOTY including all the DLC everything in one save just by clearing the cache a few times. If I remember correctly, I had to clear it after 2 of the DLCs and that was basically it. In New Vegas, especially at the end, I had to clear it every 2 hours. And the save was just a little above 8MB. In Fallout 3 I was using a 14MB save file. I really don't understand it, why didn't they fix this crap and why didn't they just clear the cache when restarting the game instead putting some weird button combo in to do so and otherwise you get maybe 2-3 frames per second. Will definitely not buy Skyrim in any case.

Oh and if anyone is going to start with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, my order is on the way. Would like to have someone to get challenges from and this should be done at the start, so that the challenges aren't that hard to do.

brentech

Realized this thread was up. I posted the following in November a little earlier:

AC3 at 98% complete for completionist trophy, but Delivery Request missions don't show up for me on the map...and even if I go to the correct person, they don't always offer the mission.

Seems I might as well quit now.

Noi

so much blue. The trick is to use the exact spelling on the psn id or else it don't work. There was a formatting problem that kept throwing me off too, until I realized that you accidentally kept a YGC one in there.
KuGsj.gif

(I'll remove it from here once the OP is updated)

Edit: Well something went wrong. I think it's too many images from PSNP loaded in one page, so I'll just stick it in code.

Nemesis_

Top 15 for both gains and totals. Yay!

Aiming for that top ten *.* Though the Wii U really hampered my progress in November.

Just realized I've really neglected my PS3, the tag doesn't even show up.

White Knight Chronicles? Holy hell I don't even remember that game.

Edit: StevePharma, wanna add me in sometime?

Got Fallout New Vegas Platinum finally.

The game is so awesome, but the engine is so shitty. If I wouldn't know better, I would say that Wii U OS was created by Bethesda. So many lock-ups. So many restart game and hold hidden button combination to clear cache. And I'm not even through the DLC missions.

I managed to beat Fallout 3 GOTY including all the DLC everything in one save just by clearing the cache a few times. If I remember correctly, I had to clear it after 2 of the DLCs and that was basically it. In New Vegas, especially at the end, I had to clear it every 2 hours. And the save was just a little above 8MB. In Fallout 3 I was using a 14MB save file. I really don't understand it, why didn't they fix this crap and why didn't they just clear the cache when restarting the game instead putting some weird button combo in to do so and otherwise you get maybe 2-3 frames per second. Will definitely not buy Skyrim in any case.
My experience was the reverse except for the part near the end. Fallout 3 would constantly crash or suffer from severe frame rate drops on me. Didn't clear cache and the save file was bigger. I had to make multiple save files to get that platinum. New Vegas was smooth until the end as well. Didn't have crashes as frequently as Fallout 3.
Didn't even know there was a button combination to clear the cache =/

Anyway, Detective Wei reporting for duty.

daevv

I've got the platinum in both Fallout 3 and New Vegas and I also have them 100% complete on 360 (F3 1550/1550, NV 1655/1655). The 360 versions were by far the better games to play when it came to glitching/freezing on you. Same of course goes for Skyrim as it was a nightmare to play on PS3 but enjoyable on 360 on the way to that platinum/100%.

Yes... new month and I'm about to go in. Halo 4 and WWE 13 messed me up. My daughter on the other hand, have brought me nothing but joy. Now, I have a few minutes to get some achievement points.

Rand al Thor... we coming for you!!! (Booker T voice)

Risgroo

I think it's time to end my platinum drought. I'm working on Ratchet & Clank: All 4 one, which I should finish in a day or two. Are there any trophies I have to do with other people?If that's the case, I'll need some help. I've also bough Mass Effect 1 this week, which looks to be a very painful platinum, but the game is awesome, so I might go for it.

I've also bough Mass Effect 1 this week, which looks to be a very painful platinum, but the game is awesome, so I might go for it.

Me too, just want to complete the trilogy on PS3 (3 plats)

I'm pretty much on during the morning hours and evening time here in Holland, so add like 7 hours to your times and you know when I'm usually online.

For example, I'm online right now! :D

Practicing Zombies.....

Also Duck 360 posted a Babble two player strategy...

Noi

Hmm, do the PSNP cards simply not scale well into 3 per row like the YGC ones? They show up just fine when quoting the post and in preview, but break the format when actually posting them.

Hmm, do the PSNP cards simply not scale well into 3 per row like the YGC ones? They show up just fine when quoting the post and in preview, but break the format when actually posting them.

I guess the spaces between url links need to be removed. Will look into it tomorrow.

Noi

quick test

Edit: Yup, even removing the spaces doesn't do it. Then again, the YGC ones WERE smaller.

Edit2: On close inspection, the YGC ones are actually 5px wider than the PSNP ones... Now I'm just scratching my head. Yeah I'm great at match, never mind.

Edit2: On close inspection, the YGC ones are actually 5px wider than the PSNP ones... Now I'm just scratching my head.

You're looking at the wrong dimension. Width x Height, not the other way around.

What's up with the way the PSN cards are posted in groups of three again? They used to be in one continuous line so that no matter what resolution you used, the format would be consistent.

Tizoc

Pharma, will the January thread also feature a list showing who got the most trophies and points during 2012?

Noi

What's up with the way the PSN cards are posted in groups of three again? They used to be in one continuous line so that no matter what resolution you used, the format would be consistent.

Blame me for that one. I thought the formatting was in groups of three since that's how I saw them, but what you just said makes more sense.

Fixed the spacing so there's no breaks and it's just a space in between, seeing how the new cards are simply too big anyway. Sticking it in code again so it doesn't needlessly extend the page.

Blame me for that one. I thought the formatting was in groups of three since that's how I saw them, but what you just said makes more sense.

Fixed the spacing so there's no breaks and it's just a space in between, seeing how the new cards are simply too big anyway. Sticking it in code again so it doesn't needlessly extend the page.

Looks good. How'd you fix the problem where cards wouldn't display?

Noi

Looks good. How'd you fix the problem where cards wouldn't display?

If you mean the broken ones that Steve originally had in the OP, PSNP actually requires you to use the exact spelling of the PSN ID, including upper and lowercase letters, otherwise you'll get a broken image. Not sure why it's so picky about it...

(There were a few that wouldn't display even with the fixed spelling, but I just went to PSNP, manually updated their card and copy/pasted the BB code directly.)

Cudder

Cool, new thread. I was waiting/too lazy to post this:

Platinum #109 - Killzone HD
Pretty easy platinum, just pretty repetitive to finish 4 times. Checkpoints can be stupidly placed in a number of levels but after MOH Frontline, I'm just glad there WERE some (or, in other words, fuck Frontline). I ended up liking the game a lot more than I did back when I played it on PS2 though, probably a combination of the framerate and the fact that it's not just a corridor shooter, like pretty much every shooter is nowadays.

Now I'm playing Mass Effect 1, which is a surprisingly good port, aside from the menus and idiotic mini-game (which the PC did FAR better).

Is it true you can just enable one hit kill mode from a cheat and still get trophies?

Dawg

Damnit, the other two Belgian people on the PS3 list are level 20+

Sorry guis, I'm only level 14 ;_;

The_Walrus

Neo Member
I'm playing PSASBR on vita and just got the trophy for winning an online match without dying. I only have two friends on PSN (neither with a Vita). So I was wondering if anybody would wanna play a versus to help me get the last online trophy. I posted about Unit 13, so if you wanna play co-op or something then that would be cool too. PSN: JeremyHilaryBoob

Top Bottom