• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | December 2012 Thread | Poppin' icons until the world ends....

Just noticed disgaea classy has a 100% completion rate, whereas I am at a paltry 99.5%. I have been usurped!

Got the plat in bl2 last month, only need to finish the raid bosses in bl2 dlc and collect a few more moxxi pictures before I'm 100% on that.

Sora_N

Hmm I see my PSN profile banner, but don't see my name in the list. My ID is Aisutron though.

Anyways, I don't have that much time due to not having an actual break for Christmas, but I'm gonna try to do my second and third Plats by the end of the month...Skylanders Spyro's Adventure (I'm 97% atm) and All Stars (toughest one will be This is Living).

Just noticed disgaea classy has a 100% completion rate, whereas I am at a paltry 99.5%. I have been usurped!

Got the plat in bl2 last month, only need to finish the raid bosses in bl2 dlc and collect a few more moxxi pictures before I'm 100% on that.

Is there a trophy for collecting Moxxi pictures or is it dlc?

Man, MGS2 on Vita is going to be like my slowest plat ever. First couple of playthroughs were fun, but everything is just getting really tedious now. For anyone who has gotten this plat or at least the one on ps3, is MGS4 easier? Less time consuming?

It took me 3 years to get the platinum for GTAIV, if you're not having fun, go play another game, you can always come back to it later.

Sora_N

Man, MGS2 on Vita is going to be like my slowest plat ever. First couple of playthroughs were fun, but everything is just getting really tedious now. For anyone who has gotten this plat or at least the one on ps3, is MGS4 easier? Less time consuming?

It took me 3 years to get the platinum for GTAIV, if you're not having fun, go play another game, you can always come back to it later.

Same thing for me and AC2, I'm at 95%, I just don't feel like doing the feathers atm so won't bother for now.

Well I only have a paltry total of 8 games afterall, though I'll be making every effort to make sure I stay at 100% as the games pile up.

Oh, I probably will. Already took one break to play some other other games and now Persona 4 just sits there staring at me all the time. Getting tough to resist...

Montresor

Sleeping Dogs completed! Now I'm downloading the DLC and will go for the full 1125/1125. Hopefully they release some more DLC to round that out to a nicer number.

Can I ask achieve-trophy GAF for tips on the next two games?

Black Ops 2 - I'm planning on just playing the game on Veteran and not touching zombies. Will I still be able to hit 900+ gamerscore? I was able to get 950/1000 in BLOPS 1 while barely touching zombies. I just don't like that mode.

Spec Ops The Line - Well I know nothing about this game so I can't say if ill 1000 yet. Ill have to see how difficult it is and then adjust my goals accordingly. Does this require many playthroughs or have lots of missables?

edit: Oh god Black Ops 2... so many zombies and multiplayer achievements. YUCK. Looking at the achievements, I can get 750/1000 if I don't touch zombies and get every multi cheevo other than prestiging. Not bad, haha. I'm definitely not gonna try to complete Black Ops 2. Hopefully the single player is good. I've enjoyed blasting through these games on veteran every year.

A while ago I made a new PSN account on which I wanted to achieve 100% in every game I play. In retrospect, this was probably a silly idea - really silly. I realised that I was skipping on a lot of games which seem interesting and that I spent a lot of time doing things which I honestly didn't want to do. So I think I will cancel this project of mine, and don't take these things too serious, it's probably not really healthy lol. I guess I will still try to get maybe ~50-75%, but only get plat/100% of games which I really enjoy. And I feel already better after typing this ^^ #firstworldproblems

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sleeping Dogs completed! Now I'm downloading the DLC and will go for the full 1125/1125. Hopefully they release some more DLC to round that out to a nicer number.

Can I ask achieve-trophy GAF for tips on the next two games?

Black Ops 2 - I'm planning on just playing the game on Veteran and not touching zombies. Will I still be able to hit 900+ gamerscore? I was able to get 950/1000 in BLOPS 1 while barely touching zombies. I just don't like that mode.

Spec Ops The Line - Well I know nothing about this game so I can't say if ill 1000 yet. Ill have to see how difficult it is and then adjust my goals accordingly. Does this require many playthroughs or have lots of missables?

edit: Oh god Black Ops 2... so many zombies and multiplayer achievements. YUCK. Looking at the achievements, I can get 750/1000 if I don't touch zombies and get every multi cheevo other than prestiging. Not bad, haha. I'm definitely not gonna try to complete Black Ops 2. Hopefully the single player is good. I've enjoyed blasting through these games on veteran every year.
1. Spec Ops requires 2 playthroughs minimum since the hardest difficulty is locked until you beat it on Suicidal Mission difficulty. The collectibles are easy and there is a chapter replay feature that you can use for grinding out any kill related achievements you might miss. SM difficulty was a bit irritating at points, but I was able to power through it in a couple days. I'm waiting to start the hardest run for a while though. Just remember to use the mark target button so that your buddies help more.

2. Blops 2 has singleplayer challenges which need to all be completed for one of the achievements. This means you will have to replay levels several times to get them all. It's pretty tiresome. Veteran is pretty easy though (barring the side missions which can be skipped fortunately... and played on a lower difficulty for the side mission specific achievements later).

Montresor

1. Spec Ops requires 2 playthroughs minimum since the hardest difficulty is locked until you beat it on Suicidal Mission difficulty. The collectibles are easy and there is a chapter replay feature that you can use for grinding out any kill related achievements you might miss. SM difficulty was a bit irritating at points, but I was able to power through it in a couple days. I'm waiting to start the hardest run for a while though. Just remember to use the mark target button so that your buddies help more.

2. Blops 2 has singleplayer challenges which need to all be completed for one of the achievements. This means you will have to replay levels several times to get them all. It's pretty tiresome. Veteran is pretty easy though (barring the side missions which can be skipped fortunately... and played on a lower difficulty for the side mission specific achievements later).

Thanks for the head up! I'm pretty excited about Spec Ops. I heard it was a huge surprise, with lots of nice innovation - a sleeper hit.

Well I only have a paltry total of 8 games afterall, though I'll be making every effort to make sure I stay at 100% as the games pile up.

That's true. Other than just finishing off the dlc trophies in bl2 the only trophy left for me is the chime co-op trophy which I still haven't gotten. I've got a 0% on worms, but I can't justify the time or money wasted getting the trophies for that game, its just not reasonable.

Dat feel when you pop 30 silver trophies in about 30 minutes time....

goat-feelsgoodman.jpg

---

Made my games pile ready for the end of the month/holidays.

Nice mix of PSABR, RAGE, Mass Effect and Black Ops 2 on PS3

+

NFS Most Wanted, PSABR, P4Golden and AC:Liberation on Vita.

Should be a fun end of the year, combining it with listening to GiantBomb's GOTY and Idlethumbs podcasts....

Tizoc

Dat feel when you pop 30 silver trophies in about 30 minutes time....

What the, what game does ye speak of?!

Well half way through GL Rise of the Manhunters, Some irritating parts here and there but damn is the Bat freaking awesome to use haha. I also like the level up/strengthening system.

What the, what game does ye speak of?!

It is the mother of all Silvers, Sound Shapes ! (DLC in this case)

Bow down to Lady Argentum of the Queasy Kingdom! :p

Too bad the Cloud sync didn't work properly so I had to redo the Beat School levels on PS3.

Montresor

What side missions fall under the secondary content in Sleeping Dogs's halloween DLC? Every achievement guide I see just says to do the blue and purple
portals
from the minimap but they make NO mention of the new favour missions.... There are favour missions with the same "person inside a thought bubble" icon popping up throughout the mini map. Do those need to be completed too?

Well that was fast. Never mind, carry on.

daevv

Steve and Returners (or anyone playing Blops 2): I managed to kill the electric zombie in a solo TranZit match the other day! Killed all but 1 zombie in the first wave, turned the power on, went to the diner, got the EMP in the Mystery box on the 3rd try, killed the last zombie with the storm overhead, killed electro with the EMP!

Did it on my second try. On the first I waited to long for electro to spawn and he hit me before the EMP went off. Second one I threw 2 EMPs about a second or two apart and ran into the diner so I guess he spawned as one of the two EMPs got him. Only need Tower of Babble for all the zombie trophies. Started doing some of the SP level challenges last night, what a pain they are going to be!

Returners

Steve and Returners (or anyone playing Blops 2): I managed to kill the electric zombie in a solo TranZit match the other day! Killed all but 1 zombie in the first wave, turned the power on, went to the diner, got the EMP in the Mystery box on the 3rd try, killed the last zombie with the storm overhead, killed electro with the EMP!

Did it on my second try. On the first I waited to long for electro to spawn and he hit me before the EMP went off. Second one I threw 2 EMPs about a second or two apart and ran into the diner so I guess he spawned as one of the two EMPs got him. Only need Tower of Babble for all the zombie trophies. Started doing some of the SP level challenges last night, what a pain they are going to be!

ALRIGHT.

Unfortunately I can't play this weekend. Sometime next week? We must get it!

daevv

I'm game! :)

I will practice some more this weekend to get the solo trophies

I donno your schedules but I should be off this coming Tuesday and Wednesday.

Argh! I somehow erased my Uncharted Vita save!! I almost had all the treasures found too and just as I start the Uncharted card game. :( Anyone know if that .99 cent downloadable treasure map for the game is any good? or what it actually does?

Montresor

1125/1125 in Sleeping Dogs done yesterday. Loved it all. Does anyone know if they're releasing more DLC for this? If not then I can probably go ahead and uninstall the game.

I finally decided I'd play Spec Ops before Black Ops. Spec Ops The Line is installed and ready to go. Can you compare the difficulty of Suicide Mission (and the difficulty you unlock as well) with another game? Is it as hard as Modern Warfare 1's campaign, for example?

Noi

Been playing Persona 4 Golden, which is a slow burn. Doubly so due to my masochistic nature and wanting to play on Very Hard. Still enjoying it though!

Been playing Persona 4 Golden, which is a slow burn. Doubly so due to my masochistic nature and wanting to play on Very Hard. Still enjoying it though!

Very Hard (or Risky in my case) is the only way to go man. Having already did everything possible in the PS2 version, I'm still looking forward to doing it all again + the new stuff in Golden. Doubt I'll get the plat for a while though since it's the kind of game I'd rather leave for a while before doing a second playthrough.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I finally decided I'd play Spec Ops before Black Ops. Spec Ops The Line is installed and ready to go. Can you compare the difficulty of Suicide Mission (and the difficulty you unlock as well) with another game? Is it as hard as Modern Warfare 1's campaign, for example?
I've only done the first level on the hardest difficulty. The step below which you have to do first wasn't too bad. It's a lot easier than veteran in most CODs though blops 2 made veteran a breeze ha.

Risgroo

Started playing Just Cause 2 again, on Casual this time(finished on Hardcore about 6 months ago). I forgot how much fun this is, almost completed 100 locations now. I'm going for the platinum.

Sora_N

I only have to do all the story modes in All Star now, any tips? I get bored pretty easily with those. It reminds me why I hated playing fighting games.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Started playing Just Cause 2 again, on Casual this time(finished on Hardcore about 6 months ago). I forgot how much fun this is, almost completed 100 locations now. I'm going for the platinum.

Just watch out for a certain plane that if you take over 2-3 locations, you get assed out of trophy

Then you have to do some stupid run around just to try to spawn it

A guide will tell you which one, I forget, but I remember countless PSN messages to me to help them out, when people were going through JC2

brentech

Just watch out for a certain plane that if you take over 2-3 locations, you get assed out of trophy

A guide will tell you which one, I forget, but I remember countless PSN messages to me to help them out, when people were going through JC2
Not a plane, a hummer like vehicle.
If you don't get it during a mission you have to have full heat to make it attack you.

Risgroo

Well, I've got a few DLC vehicles, so I should be okay anyway, right?

daevv

I only have to do all the story modes in All Star now, any tips? I get bored pretty easily with those. It reminds me why I hated playing fighting games.

I have about half of them done on the PS3 version. What I do is play it on Hero and get a few kills in the first min then hold block and either read neogaf on my ipad or do anything else for the other 2mins. :) On Hero the cpu may get 2 kills in the 3 mins so anything in the 5-6 kill range for you works. I started doing this about halfway through my Vita plat run. Once you get past the first few matches and get to the ones not timed your home free.

Speaking of Vita I somehow managed to get mine caught in the car door when I closed it. It was in my coat pocket. I was lucky as the right stick took all the force and now has a dent. The stick is fine after a quick test on Uncharted. If it was the screen I would of been in trouble.

Speaking of Uncharted the .99 cent treasure map DLC is awesome for anyone going for all the treasures/photos. A small map is in the pause screen and it shows the whole level and where everything is located! I was using a video walkthough but hated switching from my Vita to ipad or PC. Easier to play at work or in bed now too!

SmithnCo

Yeah, it's really boring. Just set it to easy, get a kill or two, then avoid for the rest. Too many 3-minute matches.

Sora_N

I have about half of them done on the PS3 version. What I do is play it on Hero and get a few kills in the first min then hold block and either read neogaf on my ipad or do anything else for the other 2mins. :) On Hero the cpu may get 2 kills in the 3 mins so anything in the 5-6 kill range for you works. I started doing this about halfway through my Vita plat run. Once you get past the first few matches and get to the ones not timed your home free.

Speaking of Vita I somehow managed to get mine caught in the car door when I closed it. It was in my coat pocket. I was lucky as the right stick took all the force and now has a dent. The stick is fine after a quick test on Uncharted. If it was the screen I would of been in trouble.

Speaking of Uncharted the .99 cent treasure map DLC is awesome for anyone going for all the treasures/photos. A small map is in the pause screen and it shows the whole level and where everything is located! I was using a video walkthough but hated switching from my Vita to ipad or PC. Easier to play at work or in bed now too!

Yeah, it's really boring. Just set it to easy, get a kill or two, then avoid for the rest. Too many 3-minute matches.

I wish I had a Vita, would be more painless to do those. Those 3-min matches really kill it for me. I'll just do a couple a day but I've only done like 6-7 chars so far. I guess I could just play Pushmo.

Risgroo

100 locations complete in JC2, aw yeah! Now it's time to grind to 75% overall completion, and clean up the remaining trophies...

Machinarium 100% complete
Sonic Fighters 100% complete
Virtua Fighter 100% complete

Quick, fun, and easy trophy bump this afternoon.

Pre-ordered God of War today, here's hoping there's a beat the game on Chaos trophy.

Nah, who cares about that, let's just hope that the multiplayer trophies aren't bullshit. All developers should be using the Uncharted model when it comes to multi, unless the game is multi only or something.

Got all the Sound Shapes DLC trophies and now I'm back to working on Mass Effect 1. Finished the first playthrough, got all the ability trophies and now I'm playing on Hardened, getting two of my last 4 ally trophies.

Nah, who cares about that, let's just hope that the multiplayer trophies aren't bullshit. All developers should be using the Uncharted model when it comes to multi, unless the game is multi only or something.

Got all the Sound Shapes DLC trophies and now I'm back to working on Mass Effect 1. Finished the first playthrough, got all the ability trophies and now I'm playing on Hardened, getting two of my last 4 ally trophies.

Man I'm still salty about my first playthrough screw-up. Do you play Engineer?

Dabbled a bit in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. How hard are the "don't die in MP" and "online Triple kill/double kill in 2vs2" trophies? Since they can't be boosted I'm gonna try my luck in quick matches. Did win my first online match on Vita though with Kratos and got a double kill.

Might start RAGE today too. Also started NFS Wanted on Vita (amazingly suited game for the system) so if you guys need the 5 friends trophy you can add me (StevePharma, just put NFS in your friend request). Will try to mop up AC:Liberation during Christmas and take a hard chunk out of P4:Golden then too.

And yeah, for the people still on Black OPs 2 multiplayer: get in that Double XP. Play something like Kill Confirmed and you can Prestige pretty much in 10-12 hours.

Montresor

Man I'm still salty about my first playthrough screw-up. Do you play Engineer?

Dabbled a bit in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. How hard are the "don't die in MP" and "online Triple kill/double kill in 2vs2" trophies? Since they can't be boosted I'm gonna try my luck in quick matches. Did win my first online match on Vita though with Kratos and got a double kill.

Might start RAGE today too. Also started NFS Wanted on Vita (amazingly suited game for the system) so if you guys need the 5 friends trophy you can add me (StevePharma, just put NFS in your friend request). Will try to mop up AC:Liberation during Christmas and take a hard chunk out of P4:Golden then too.

And yeah, for the people still on Black OPs 2 multiplayer: get in that Double XP. Play something like Kill Confirmed and you can Prestige pretty much in 10-12 hours.

Yep, I was actually gonna load up some Spec Ops The Line, but for this weekend I might just crack open Black Ops 2 just for the 2xp. Come Monday it's back to the Spec Ops campaign, which is pretty damn awesome.

Top Bottom