• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | December 2012 Thread | Poppin' icons until the world ends....

If you mean the broken ones that Steve originally had in the OP, PSNP actually requires you to use the exact spelling of the PSN ID, including upper and lowercase letters, otherwise you'll get a broken image. Not sure why it's so picky about it...

(There were a few that wouldn't display even with the fixed spelling, but I just went to PSNP, manually updated their card and copy/pasted the BB code directly.)

Thanks man, you saved me a bunch of time. I edited the OP.

Also tried to go for the BLOPS II Tower of Babble trophy yesterday with daevv and Returners. We didn't get it, but there's always another time. Still got two other trophies though so all is well. :) I studied duck360's video from a couple posts above so I'm better prepared for next time.

Just beat Sleeping Dogs. So how do I get level 10 Triad? I'm like pixels away from Level 9 right before the second to last mission. Halfway through Level 9 now after beating the game. Redoing the missions with 15% triad outfit barely raises my exp. I'm gonna have to redo all those missions aren't I? Super Cop was really easy compared to this. Going to be abusing Dim Mak like crazy though.

StingX2

Hell yea! Got on the top 360 hunters graphic again!

So on December 1st I completed Sleeping Dogs my 54th retail title! I'd love more dlc though. Working on Budokai HD Colection for today or tomorrow

So do I need to have a psnprofiles setup for the PSN cards to work properly? I had to check why it was showing WKC on my card, and I've come to the conclusion that they basically don't refresh non-registered user cards unless you have an account with them?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Just beat Sleeping Dogs. So how do I get level 10 Triad? I'm like pixels away from Level 9 right before the second to last mission. Halfway through Level 9 now after beating the game. Redoing the missions with 15% triad outfit barely raises my exp. I'm gonna have to redo all those missions aren't I? Super Cop was really easy compared to this. Going to be abusing Dim Mak like crazy though.

Look @ last months thread, the last page, I left notes for Monty, just read those to get an understanding

GraveRobberX

So do I need to have a psnprofiles setup for the PSN cards to work properly? I had to check why it was showing WKC on my card, and I've come to the conclusion that they basically don't refresh non-registered user cards unless you have an account with them?

Go to homepage of their website (click Home)

Then follow these steps

1. Enter your name in box
OMR3q.png

2. Click "Go", wait, it's updating
Nzbhs.png

3. Tada!
WiN3A.png

Extra bonus points:
l22so.png

I'm not registered with PSNP, I just manually update from time to time

Returners

I have been updating your card lol.

SmithnCo

Got the Deus Ex: Human Revolution plat. Played through once on Legend then again on the easiest difficulty to get Foxiest and Pacifist, which was kinda fun because I mostly sped through everything while invisible and didn't do any side missions, and that playthrough was way shorter.

Risgroo

Platinum #37: Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. It's been some time since my last platinum, but I'm in the mood for trophies again. This game was just okay, and the platinum was pretty easy. It was nice to have an easy game to get me back into hunting though, thanks PS+! I think I'll get the platinum in Mass Effect or Castlevania: Lords of Shadow next.

Montresor

Got the Deus Ex: Human Revolution plat. Played through once on Legend then again on the easiest difficulty to get Foxiest and Pacifist, which was kinda fun because I mostly sped through everything while invisible and didn't do any side missions, and that playthrough was way shorter.

Awesome work. That's one of my favourite plats/completions that I have (I have the 1250/1250 on xbox). This is such a superb RPG. I also did it in two playthroughs, and I think that's the way to go. Your first exposure to the game is just gonna suck if you try to stick to Pacifist and Foxiest of Hounds on your very first playthrough. Better to play the game normally and then go after those achievements when you're much more familiar with the game.

--------------

Can I please get some help with Sleeping Dogs? I'm trying to get what I think is my very last open world event. It's #2 yellow on the following map:

http://i45.************/fxhr9.jpg

The event consists of a drunk bothering a shopkeeper. I've got to take the drunk and put him inside a trunk. The game points to a specific car parked near the shop. When I put the drunk inside that specific car's trunk, nothing happens. I can't get into that car to drive away - someone is already inside, and it won't let me open the doors. If I beat the drunk to death there's a failure message saying "shopkeeper was hurt." If I put the drunk into the trunk of my own car instead and drive my car into the harbour, a failure message saying "shopkeeper was hurt" shows up.

Stranger still, the shopkeeper is clearly female when I look at her up close, but a clearly male voice is yelling out and complaining about the drunk invading the shop...

edit: Tinypic is banned? .... Ah, googled an old gaf thread. I see why it's been banned.

edit2: Well there you go, I just finished that event and got the Open World cheevo to pop. Turns out I was putting the wrong drunk in the trunk... there were two drunks and that's what confused me. One drunk was just outside the shop, and another was inside the shop. The shopkeeper wanted me to deal with the one inside the shop. Oh well!

Joni

Platinum #78: Ben 10 - Galactic Racing (Vita). The final Trophy was quite the grind (bump 100 karts) but otherwise a nice experience. I would certainly recommend it to younger gamers.

Montresor

I'm just about to beat Sleeping Dogs and I'll probably have time to mop up the 1000 or 1125 after work tomorrow. This is such a great sandbox game!

Next up are Spec Ops The Line and Black Ops 2. Hopefully they're both easy to complete (and when I say that I mean I'll go for 1000 in Spec Ops and 900+ in Black Ops 2... as I don't plan on playing zombies at all).

kliklik

Banned
Awesome work. That's one of my favourite plats/completions that I have (I have the 1250/1250 on xbox). This is such a superb RPG. I also did it in two playthroughs, and I think that's the way to go. Your first exposure to the game is just gonna suck if you try to stick to Pacifist and Foxiest of Hounds on your very first playthrough. Better to play the game normally and then go after those achievements when you're much more familiar with the game.

fwiw I platted in one playthrough and loved it.

I'm just about to beat Sleeping Dogs and I'll probably have time to mop up the 1000 or 1125 after work tomorrow. This is such a great sandbox game!
It really is. I loved this one too!

Platinum #37: Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. It's been some time since my last platinum, but I'm in the mood for trophies again. This game was just okay, and the platinum was pretty easy. It was nice to have an easy game to get me back into hunting though, thanks PS+! I think I'll get the platinum in Mass Effect or Castlevania: Lords of Shadow next.

A4O was a pain in the ass for me because I had to switch friends I was playing with about 2/3rds through. We had both previously picked the same char, so she had to switch to a new one. Which meant we ran out of ammo all the time because there are just not enough ammo spots and she didn't have that many guns unlocked and upgraded on her new char. We had to complete whole sections of levels, mini-boss rushes, and even boss fights with just our boomerangs. It was so painful. They really shouldn't have gone with the survival-horror genre on this one. Congrats on your plat!

Montresor

fwiw I platted in one playthrough and loved it.

Okay I see. Deus Ex was a game where it felt like 50% of the achievements were missable. That's the only reason I recommended two playthroughs. One where you go in completely blind, and then the next where you mop up all the missables. I personally hate having to keep track of soooo many missables in a first playthrough, I'm just bound to spoil something for myself.

At least we all love Deus Ex HR, that's what matters. ^_^

Noi

Yeah, I got Foxiest of the Hounds and Pacifist on my first playthrough as well. I seriously can't think of another way to play the game, was way too much fun. I even kept up doing no kills/alerts despite thinking that I failed it halfway through.

bunbun777

Ok I need to bitch a sec. Working on Persona 4 Golden plat, on my 2nd playthrough and this time decided to go with basketball club instead of soccer, they are both the same sign, strength. BUT, the basketball link has these limits that prevent special event dates from occuring if your level is too high, which you need to have to aquire books for compulsive reader trophy. Of course I figured this out too late, now have to reload a save that is like 2 months earlier, so many hours wasted. Ughhhhh.

So either go soccer with no limits, or go b-ball and keep your level at 3 for May, 4 for July, and 7 for August. Also have to have a intimate girlfriend for event in August for another book.

jimi_dini

I'm waiting for another sale on it. $15 is a bit hard to swallow when I can get a whole game with a plat for the same price on PSN nowadays.

Euro-PSN had it for just a few EURs in August. That's when I bought it and it was awesome. Was positively surprised.

btw. 75th platinum and 100% Fallout New Vegas

http://psnprofiles.com/OldJimiDini

I didn't even know it was my 75th platinum :p

And I have to agree with zerokoolpsx at least on the DLC part. All the DLCs worked almost perfectly fine. I think I had one hard lock in total, but no slideshow at all. I really liked Old World Blues + Lonesome Road. Imo much better DLC than Fallout 3 had. OWB + LR took around 1.5MB saved game space. I think it was still the right choice to play the other 2 DLCs separately and also use a save file from before Ring-a-Ding-Ding was completed. That way my final DLC save was around 9.5MB in size.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Does anyone remember their Crysis plat run? I'm returning to an in progress save from last year and I don't remember the game being so..slow. Stealth is basically the only option usually.

Cudder

Platinumed Resident Evil 5 last night, had a great time doing it. It's my 50th plat and it brought me to PSN Level 19, 99%!

StingX2

I wish I was way more into trophies and didn't have some bias against my ps3 because Bioshock 2 and SF4 Arcade and Rochard are some pretty neato PS plus handouts. And yet I love vita trophy hunting. The woes of a gamerscore hunter :/

Montresor

Currently at 905/1000 in Sleeping Dogs, only needing the 30 silver/gold stat awards for the full 1000. Then I'll play the Halloween DLC. Is it any good? For reference I consider god-tier DLC to be along the lines of Missing Link (Deus Ex), and Minerva's Den (Bioshock 2), Ballad of Gay Tony (GTA4) and Raam's Shadow (Gears 3).

Also, I'm happy to see I dont have to do too much grinding for the stat awards. I played through most of the game *relatively* normally and I only need the following to get 30 gold star awards:

20 more free running attacks
1 more stealth kill
34 more disarms
10 more thrown weapon kills
35 more cars wrecked
32 more cops killed

GraveRobberX

Pfft... I was the Ultimate Badass in Deus Ex:

Legend
Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution at its hardest setting without ever changing the difficulty.
5th Sep 2011 at 8:50:38 PM

Pacifist
Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution without anyone dying by your hand. (Boss fights don't count.)
5th Sep 2011 at 8:50:45 PM

Foxiest of the Hounds
Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution without setting off any alarms.
5th Sep 2011 at 8:50:51 PM

So awesome Pinging all 3 around the same time

Noi

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution/Noisama

Legend
Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution at its hardest setting without ever changing the difficulty.
11th Jul 2012 at 11:29:05 PM

Pacifist
Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution without anyone dying by your hand. (Boss fights don't count.)
11th Jul 2012 at 11:29:12 PM

Foxiest of the Hounds
Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution without setting off any alarms.
11th Jul 2012 at 11:29:19 PM

You say that like you were the only one. :V

Noi

I beat you by almost a year... Catch Up Fool! =D

Being broke means I have to pass on most big release on day one. :( Now what was I doing at around the same time...

Platinum Trophy
You've unlocked every trophy in the game. You've mastered "Resonance of Fate"!
27th Sep 2011 at 5:05:48 PM

yuuuuup, sounds about right

Returners

Currently at 905/1000 in Sleeping Dogs, only needing the 30 silver/gold stat awards for the full 1000. Then I'll play the Halloween DLC. Is it any good? For reference I consider god-tier DLC to be along the lines of Missing Link (Deus Ex), and Minerva's Den (Bioshock 2), Ballad of Gay Tony (GTA4) and Raam's Shadow (Gears 3).

Also, I'm happy to see I dont have to do too much grinding for the stat awards. I played through most of the game *relatively* normally and I only need the following to get 30 gold star awards:

20 more free running attacks
1 more stealth kill
34 more disarms
10 more thrown weapon kills
35 more cars wrecked
32 more cops killed

It's not as good as the ones you listed above, but it gets a few laughs here and there on how absurd the whole thing is.

Finished my first Mass Effect 1 run and I got screwed....

I knew in the back of my mind that you need the character trophies by completing a relatively big chunk of the side missions, so I used two hard saves to alternate between the point of no return and a save right before it (in the Citadel).

Too bad I forgot from my PC playthrough that that specific point doesn't let you do quests on the Citadel anymore once you leave there to go to other planets, at which point I made my hard save... :/

Oh well, I still need to replay the game about 3-4 times anyway, but some proper planning could've saved me 8 hours...

Tizoc

Hmm if I'm going for a pure stealth run in Deus Ex HR, how hard will it be on the highest difficulty?
Gonna aim to get the Platinum for Green Lantern this month @3@.

GraveRobberX

Hmm if I'm going for a pure stealth run in Deus Ex HR, how hard will it be on the highest difficulty?

Not that hard, there a few choke-points, have to be meticulous at certain parts

Godspeed, so much fucking grinding...

Game is OK, you will play a lot of the end games boss... a fucking lot!

Holy Hell Borderlands 2 Co-Op is so much fun

I'm still on like the early stage on my play-through (maybe 4 main missions in)

I have co-oped so much that I'm 43 and have earned close to 50% of the game trophies just from co-oping and leveling up

Only sting is my deaths now cost $2million @_@

Level 50 can't come soon enough, get myself to start farming Terramorphous, accumulate moolah and goodies
Luckily I met a few nice people who gave me ridiculous items

Tizoc

Not that hard, there a few choke-points, have to be meticulous at certain parts.
Could you elaborate on that please? I don't plan on Platinuming it, but just how 'irritating' are those parts? Are they like annoying gun sections in Uncharted Crushing Difficluty, irritating?

Godspeed, so much fucking grinding...

Game is OK, you will play a lot of the end games boss... a fucking lot!

lol I think I can do grinding, unless I get bored XD.

GraveRobberX

Could you elaborate on that please? I don't plan on Platinuming it, but just how 'irritating' are those parts? Are they like annoying gun sections in Uncharted Crushing Difficluty, irritating?

lol I think I can do grinding, unless I get bored XD.

Nothing to ridiculous

You just have to pick the right spots and hopefully invested points into the right abilities

Stealth + Hard isn't that bad, just pick and choose your way to the objective, also get to know your surroundings

For Green Lantern, it's just that the "XP" required even after 2 play-throughs you fall short...
Then you play final stage/boss ad nauseum, (I think I did it 10+ times to receive enough to get everything)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
20th platinum - Persona 4 Golden

Took me around 107 hours to get it.

PSN Profiles:

YGC:

For some reason, YGC doesn't update properly. Do you recommend YGC or PSNP?

Man, MGS2 on Vita is going to be like my slowest plat ever. First couple of playthroughs were fun, but everything is just getting really tedious now. For anyone who has gotten this plat or at least the one on ps3, is MGS4 easier? Less time consuming?

SmithnCo

Just remember to hide the bodies you take out, that messed me up on my first runthrough on hardest. All the trophies are pretty easy so you should be able to get plat.

Its doable. Just like the post above me. You must hide bodies. Get the stealth related abilities and ghost/smooth operator bonus should pop up on the end of most missions. Might as well do pacifist too. 2 birds with one stone.

19th Platinum: Sleeping Dogs

Took about 39 hours for me on one playthrough. Probably way longer than it should be.
Onto Heavy Rain!

Footos22

Man, MGS2 on Vita is going to be like my slowest plat ever. First couple of playthroughs were fun, but everything is just getting really tedious now. For anyone who has gotten this plat or at least the one on ps3, is MGS4 easier? Less time consuming?

MGS 2 wasn't that bad..... only takes 3-4 hours a playthrough. think i did the platinum in about 70 hours 40 of them were in the vr missions. but i did it on vita so a few missions here and there,put it to sleep. I wouldnt be able to stomach it for that long on ps3.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Is FUBAR difficulty much of a jump from Suicide difficulty in Spec-Ops? I'm on the final level with combat on Suicidal and some of these checkpoints are pretty irritating.

I did that for my first run of the game and it felt amazing at the end seeing those come up. It really is a fantastic experience going for those 3 at the same time.

Tizoc

Thanks for the feedback on Deus Ex, will make sure to find a good spot to hide the bodies.
...and I am aiming for a pacifist stealth run actually as I like doing such things in games if possible, like in Dishonored.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
5th Platinum: Dragon's Dogma

:D

Took around 92-ish hours, with 77 of those being the first playthrough. :lol Second playthrough (NG+) was cake, even on Hard Mode.

Tizoc

Heh Green Lantern's not that bad, sure it's like a GoW clone but the combat options look neat.
Biggest gripe though is that the Light Attack is slow as heck to come out and doesn't have a lot of range.

Top Bottom