• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft dev: Xbox 720 "aligned with what Sony announced"

The Xbox 720 will be 'similar to PS4' according to a senior developer at Ubisoft.

Yannis Mallat said the next-gen Microsoft console will be 'aligned with what Sony announced', suggesting the console will have similar features.

Also
He told Eurogamer: "It's going to be connected. It's going to be social. It's going to be immersive. It's going to be interactive."

Rumors suggest Xbox 720 will require a mandatory Kinect, have a new controller and could pack in a TV tuner to be sold on a subscription model, with a reveal set for the coming months.

Source

similar in features, sure we all kinda expected that, but what about performance?

differences will be negligible IMO, fanboys hoping for otherwise will be backflipping all over the internet trying to 1up each other when this bad-boy is announced.

Really hope MS is more than competitive on price, including with XBL. I think they will be TBH.

If they are similar in feature than Sony revealing first will be a huge plus.

Except I think Microsoft will focus hard on it during their initial presentation, while Sony just mentioned it and never went into details about what they will do in terms of social and connectivity.

If microsoft goes first in terms of pin pointing exactly what "social" means, they could convince some that they were first.

"It's going to be interactive."

r4q2faW.jpg

At least it won't all be cutscenes.

ekim

So many 720 news in the last days - it's like MS loosened the embargo, so devs can speak more about it. Enqueues to the rumor that we will see the announcement soon.

x-Lundz-x

It better be as powerful as the PS4 hardware wise or they can count me out as using it as my main console next gen.

Maybe they will surprise me and have 8GB of ram like the PS4 and a comparable GPU/CPU.

The wow factor will be lost for MS tho they do have the advantage of more prep and dev time. Sony prolly was hit by too recent upgrade on devkits.

If MS has more polished games that wow it still has the problem of E3 being right behind the corner. I don't expect for it to be a catastrophe or anything but they probably won't be able to steal the show due to being so close to E3.

Thats why I think MS E3 press will be much more important than the reveal event.

ReaperXL7

You know, with all this talk about how similar the two are at this point, the fact that Sony has not shown the box yet, and Microsoft holding off on theit reveal, I have to say I think it would be pretty damn funny if we saw Sony and MS on stage together at E3.

I know its probably unlikely, but the meltdowns would be fantastic.

vgJames

Banned
Except I think Microsoft will focus hard on it during their initial presentation, while Sony just mentioned it and never went into details about what they will do in terms of social and connectivity.

If microsoft goes first in terms of pin pointing exactly what "social" means, they could convince some that they were first.

That's a double edged sword. Sony demonstrated their social capabilities without being preachy - revealing the streaming, remote play etc.

If Microsoft revealed the SAME features but spent far more time talking about them it'll backfire. The audience at large will have 'Yeah but Sony already showed us this, beat it' attitude.

sunnz

differences will be negligible IMO, fanboys hoping for otherwise will be backflipping all over the internet trying to 1up each other when this bad-boy is announced.

Really hope MS is more than competitive on price, including with XBL. I think they will be TBH.

Hope this is true, similar performances would, hopefully, mean better games ( graphically, scale etc) as developers wont build with a weaker console in mind.

As long as MS push more and offer NEW xbox exclusives, then count me in. Halo/gears isn't enough.

I feel sorry for those who get the subscription model, i bet it wont even cover the cost of XBL gold.

BadWolf

The wow factor will be lost for MS tho they do have the advantage of more prep and dev time. Sony prolly was hit by too recent upgrade on devkits.

If MS has more polished games that wow it still has the problem of E3 being right behind the corner. I don't expect for it to be a catastrophe or anything but they probably won't be able to steal the show due to being so close to E3.

More like Sony was saving stuff for E3.

I'm surprised they showed as much as they did at the initial reveal.

More like Sony was saving stuff for E3.

I'm surprised they showed as much as they did at the initial reveal.

Of course they were but we know things like KZ would be more polished if they had more time with the new devkits. And maybe the ''terrible'' UE4 demo would have been lil more in line with the PC demo.

Meh. If they announce similar features then Sony will have the advantage here simply because Sony announced first and took the "Wow" factor with these "similar features".

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Water is wet as well.

This doesn't really touch on anything other than saying both consoles will be social and connected. Let me know when we start talking final HW.

Both consoles will have some neat features just like the current gen systems have so this is really not the news I was hoping for other than a Ubisoft dev stating the obvious.

netBuff

Well, all leaks so far point to a significant difference (in favour of the PS4). And with the price of games, I don't see a small difference in initial price creating an important selling point for the cheaper console.

MMaRsu

Banned
"It's going to be connected. It's going to be social. It's going to be immersive. It's going to be interactive."

Holy shit man just get this guy a job at MS already, what the fuck.

ITS GOING TO BE A BUZZWORD!

Takuya

Banned
Awesome, a monthly Xbox bill to go with a montly cable bill (or both combined, ouch)

Yep, I don't see cable companies giving up portential income to Microsoft. They'll still charge you, on top of whatever Microsoft will charge.

XBOX Live Platinum - Set top features unlocked, view your cable provider's content on XBOX for only $10 a month.**

** Cable fees separate.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Water is wet as well.

This doesn't really touch on anything other than saying both consoles will be social and connected. Let me know when we start talking final HW.

Both consoles will have some neat features just like the current gen systems have so this is really not the news I was hoping for other than a Ubisoft dev stating the obvious.

This.

slider

Matches my "differently specced PCs" view but it's a throwaway comment that'll be over-analysed.

Still, at least it'll stop me theorising about a new generation of MSX...

Dabanton

Sony only very briefly talked about the PS4 features.

Plenty of room for MS to expand on that and they no doubt will. They know what plays well with people and mainstream media who don't converse on forums over every scrap of gossip and rumour.

I can't wait to see what they've been planning with Live will be very interesting to see how they build on it now Sony has raised the game.

Top Bottom