• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wilfred - Season 3 - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Wilfred is a half-hour, live-action comedy about 'Ryan,' a young man struggling to make his way in the world until he forms a unique friendship with 'Wilfred,' his neighbor’s canine pet. Everyone else sees Wilfred as just a dog, but Ryan sees a crude and somewhat surly, yet irrepressibly brave and honest Australian bloke in a cheap dog suit. While leading him through a series of comedic and existential adventures, Wilfred the dog shows Ryan the man how to overcome his fears and joyfully embrace the unpredictability and insanity of the world around him.

Cast

Videos

Teaser - Sick
Teaser - Scratch
Teaser - Joke
Teaser - Game
Teaser - Couch
Teaser - Cops
Teaser - Cheese

Promo Photos

EDkJU6i.jpg

My favorite show. Really excited for this week! I have no idea where they are going with the Ryan / Wilfred mystery but I hope it takes them a while so we can get a few more seasons.

drspeedy

Hope they don't go quite so dark and existential as last season. I prefer the funny, inane humor over the "makes you think, dunnitt?" episodes

Munin

Hope they don't go quite so dark and existential as last season. I prefer the funny, inane humor over the "makes you think, dunnitt?" episodes

Opposite for me...I loved how the 1st season ended and then dropped the series during the first eps of Season 2...maybe I should go back to it again

That's what I love about the show, I feel it's at its best when it does that.

I was out and missed the episodes tonight, I'll have to watch them tomorrow.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Anyone watch the premiere?

I thought both episodes were pretty damn strong; both filled with a ton good jokes and gags. I loved seeing Wilfred's spoiled clone (the scene where they're snorting coke and making out with the stuffed giraffes had me rolling) in the first episode, and I loved the scene in the second episode where religious Wilfred baptized Ryan in the toilet. And the air horn bit at the end was amazing.

i hear it's not great

No way, those were two of the strongest episodes the show has done so far.

Finally watched last Thursday's episodes last night, both were very enjoyable. I really loved the first one.

And two more tonight, score.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"Obama's semen ants" omg lol And I seem to recall Barry Watson also playing a gynecologist on 7th Heaven!

Another fun set of episodes. I feel like season 3 is shaping up to be the strongest season yet.

"That's Alec Baldwin from It's Complicated"

I thought that was a very strong episode highlighting Ryan's life and how he wants to be as a person.

Covering that subject also brought up a growing concern that I have for the show as a whole though. How long can we watch Wilfred sabotage Ryan's attempt to get a somewhat normal life back? It can get frustrating.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
How long can we watch Wilfred sabotage Ryan's attempt to get a somewhat normal life back? It can get frustrating.

Yeah, the writers have always seemed very hesitant to change Ryan's life situation in any meaningful way. It's a bit frustrating, but I don't see Ryan getting his life together until the series finale.

Yeah, the writers have always seemed very hesitant to change Ryan's life situation in any meaningful way. It's a bit frustrating, but I don't see Ryan getting his life together until the series finale.

I can't picture this show ending on such a high note (and I don't want to).

big ander

Have been catching up on the season. Little slow at first, but Shame Delusion and Intuition were all pretty great. Looking forward to tonight.

Great episode tonight, love the stuff that explores Ryan's mental state.

Fucking LOL at the Matt Damon fellatio comment!

Yeah no one watches this how, shame.

Season three episode are averaging a little over 600k viewers on the initial broadcast.

Burt

:( this thread is still only 1 page?
wilfred is so underrated
Deserves so much more love than it gets. So much more. Especially because it's the kind of show that actually prompts discussion. Every time after I watch it I spend way too much time doing mental gymnastics over what really went on in the episode. It's some serious Fight Club-level shit, except it's generally more intriguing in the way it goes about it.

Granted, I hardly ever watch it live, but I still watch them all.

big ander

Deserves so much more love than it gets. So much more. Especially because it's the kind of show that actually prompts discussion. Every time after I watch it I spend way too much time doing mental gymnastics over what really went on in the episode. It's some serious Fight Club-level shit, except it's generally more intriguing in the way it goes about it.

Granted, I hardly ever watch it live, but I still watch them all.

I did this stuff the first season or so, but I think it's sort of written itself so that that discussion isn't as feasible anymore. Whatever's really going on with Wilfred has been abstracted so much and nearly made meaningless (almost explicitly at times in the show) so trying to "guess at the twist" isn't as fun or possible.

I'm mainly here for the jokes now.

I did this stuff the first season or so, but I think it's sort of written itself so that that discussion isn't as feasible anymore. Whatever's really going on with Wilfred has been abstracted so much and nearly made meaningless (almost explicitly at times in the show) so trying to "guess at the twist" isn't as fun or possible.

I'm mainly here for the jokes now.

I don't think there is a "twist" or "truth" about the whole thing, but more of an interesting look at a man's lack of mental stability.

big ander

I don't think there is a "twist" or "truth" about the whole thing, but more of an interesting look at a man's lack of mental stability.
Exactly. In the first season-ish it felt like it could have been something to eventually be revealed, but now it's just a device. Which is great, it just externalizes Ryan's solo conflicts really well and provides a sitcom structure for the show to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom