• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wilfred - Season 3 - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm04

I watch this show too. Been there from the beginning and I hope it makes it to see a 4th season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
sDJu8IW.jpg

Hmm, sounds like the show is on more of a bubble than usual. Ratings have been on a decline this season though, so I guess it's not really a surprise. I could see FX renewing the show and then moving it to FXX.

why this only has one page.

edit: i made it two :D

Still only one breh.

What a twist :eek:

Indeed! I wonder where they're going with this? :O

big ander

My guess is they'll reveal Kristen has seen wilfred before and at least sometimes sees him currently. Will allow her to spend more time with Ryan and Wilfred and get it on their shenanigans for season 4.

Great episode by the way.

Dead Man

So how does this compare to the orginal series? I caught a fair bit of the original on TV, but haven't got around to watching any of this yet.

Greg

So how does this compare to the orginal series? I caught a fair bit of the original on TV, but haven't got around to watching any of this yet.
I'm halfway through season 2 of the original, and the new one is a lot darker

I was surprised at how little was reused between the two shows, and they both stand on their own quite well

Dead Man

I'm halfway through season 2 of the original, and the new one is a lot darker

I was surprised at how little was reused between the two shows, and they both stand on their own quite well

Interesting, I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Wilfred instagramming his dog food every day was pretty funny, and a clever way to mix the show's typical dog humor with something more humanoid. It was a very "Wilfred" joke.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"You know how my boyfriend's in jail for headbutting his aunt?"

Anne was a fun character. Too bad she was so underutilized.

big ander

"You know how my boyfriend's in jail for headbutting his aunt?"

Anne was a fun character. Too bad she was so underutilized.

Looking back she really feels like she was only there to delay the central who-is-wilfred-type stuff, didn't really get any depth with her. But at least the show kinda acknowledged that itself with this episode.

Season 2 just came out on Netflix and is apparently doing well, so that could potentially tip things towards a renewal.

I definitely think that Season 3's numbers were hurt by Season 2 not being on Netflix prior to the new season, and Season 3 is hurting in the ratings.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I definitely think that Season 3's numbers were hurt by Season 2 not being on Netflix prior to the new season, and Season 3 is hurting in the ratings.

Hopefully that sort of thing will become less and less of an issue going forward. Netflix definitely has the ability to help boost ratings from season to season, so I think that in the future more channels will make it a priority to get the most recent seasons of their shows onto the service before the next one starts.

Hopefully that sort of thing will become less and less of an issue going forward. Netflix definitely has the ability to help boost ratings from season to season, so I think that in the future more channels will make it a priority to get the most recent seasons of their shows onto the service before the next one starts.

Yeah there was a discussion in the Breaking Bad thread surrounding an article about the ratings this season returned with and how much of an impact Netflix has. Obviously Netflix has helped Breaking Bad and Mad Men with ratings quite a bit the last couple of years. I think Wilfred is a decent example of how not making your show available prior to the next season on Netflix can hurt your show in this age of TV.

Alric

I just started watching Season 1 a few days ago with my girlfriend, which we finished last night on the cliff hanger. I'll have to watch all of season 2 now on netflix and then start season 3. It is such a great show. Wish I would of started sooner, although least I can watch all the first 2 season non-stop.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"I'm a complete failure. My father was right when he looked me in the eye and said" *pants like a dog*

lol

Anyway, that was a good episode. I was rolling at the bit where Wilfred tried to dial 911.

Season (series?) finale is next week!

mm04

"I'm a complete failure. My father was right when he looked me in the eye and said" *pants like a dog*

lol

Anyway, that was a good episode. I was rolling at the bit where Wilfred tried to dial 911.

Season (series?) finale is next week!

I thought that last episode was the finale and I was about to lose my shit if that's how the series could potentially end. At least there is another episode left. I hope the show somehow gets another season.

Excellent final episode of the season with the exception Ryan/Jenna fallout/tension not really being satisfactory in my opinion.

Sad that there's a good chance it stands to be a series finale though

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Awesome finale, though the season overall wasn't as good as season 2 imo. Hope it comes back for another go :(

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"At first I thought it was you, but then I thought about what you look like, and act like, and how you struggle with dandruff and stuff, and honestly I just burst out laughing."

I'm gonna have to remember that one. ;)

Redd

If FX doesn't renew Wilfred for a new season I really hope Netflix or someone else makes a season 4. Love Ryan and Kristen's interactions with each other.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I don't expect Wilfred to return, sadly. Such a long wait only will bring bad news.

See: Enlightened. :(

Can't imagine they would renew a show this low rated if they'd also have to get a new showrunner by doing so.

At the same time, FX now has three channels to program for so I could see them renewing the show and sticking it on FXX, as Wilfred already has an (albeit small) built in audience which could help boost one of their new comedies or something.

systematic

Unconfirmed Member
So, while FX still has not made a decision regarding the fate of Wilfred, the show's two showrunners Reed Agnew & Eli Jorne have sold a new show to Fox, which probably means that they won't continue on with Wilfred if FX renews it for a fourth season.

David Zuckerman will probably be back as showrunner if there's a season 4, if his tweets are any indication:

@David_Zuckerman did you come up with this this season? Or has it been the plot all along?

@swaggin_ace All I can say is I chose to give up some creative authority for S3. I've asked for it back if there's a S4.

#WILFRED fans.... Stand by. #goodnews

“@JordanWhite_: @David_Zuckerman Season 4? renewed?” Looking very good!

At the same time, FX now has three channels to program for so I could see them renewing the show and sticking it on FXX, as Wilfred already has an (albeit small) built in audience which could help boost one of their new comedies or something.

Not a bad point, thought I'm not sure if Wilfred is the demo they are going for on FXX, feels more like the Louie crowd (which we know is staying on FX).

^^Whoa, Zuckerman to return if they renew? Nice. Those tweets sound promising.

Gotta have one more season. Love this show so much, maybe one of my favorites of all time. Can't wait to see how they wrap it all up (or don't).

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Not a bad point, thought I'm not sure if Wilfred is the demo they are going for on FXX, feels more like the Louie crowd (which we know is staying on FX).

It's pretty much the same type of show as Legit, which is moving to FXX this January. I think it even does better in the 18-34 demo, which is FXX's target demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom