• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wilfred - Season 3 - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Dammit, they better fucking renew the show for a final season. The show is like the only good comedy on TV right now besides Louie.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Wilfred has been renewed for a fourth and final season on FXX!!

Zuckerman, who developed the adaptation and served as showrunner for its first two seasons, will also return to oversee day-to-day operations on the dark comedy after reducing his role for a year. He'll now serve as co-showrunner alongside season three showrunners Reed Agnew and Eli Jorne, who have been with the series since season one. (For their part, the duo also set up Daman Wayans Jr.-Jason Winer comedy Man/Child at Fox, which picked up the buddy comedy with a pilot-production commitment.)

Wilfred -- which will come back for 10 episodes, off from its typical 13 order -- was down considerably among total viewers in its recently concluded third season. Season two averaged a 1.16 million total viewers, while season three ended with an average of 0.58 total viewers.

Ekdrm2d1

Damn.

I think it's about time though. It's always the same thing, Wilfred doing incredible nasty things and Ryan being blame for it, etc.

That's the best news that we could hope for. I'm happy that they know that it will be their final season and can actually plan for it.

So happy about this! I love the show but I do feel its time to end it and take it home. Going to be difficult to wrap it up and make sense of the mysteries of the show without chalking it up to mental illness or something similarly unsatisfying. Obviously, it wouldn't be to the same extent, but its sort of a Lost scenario here. I'm just glad they have episodes to actually close it out, however they choose to.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That's the best news that we could hope for. I'm happy that they know that it will be their final season and can actually plan for it.

Yep. Now that they know that they're ending, I'm curious to see if they go all out with the mythology or if they keep things reigned in.

Yay Wilfred is gonna have a proper ending,

JELLYBEANS!!!!!
LLShC.gif

big ander

Yes!

Don't get anyone saying "damn," I mean it's a miracle it's coming back at all. I thought chances were pretty bad. Happy it'll get a proper ending.

Valhelm

contribute something
I'm nearing the end of Season 2, and I'm kind of pissed off.

Why the fuck did Ryan break up with Amanda? What the fuck was that? Did the writers just need to find any way to get the actress out of the show for contractual reasons?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm nearing the end of Season 2, and I'm kind of pissed off.

Why the fuck did Ryan break up with Amanda? What the fuck was that? Did the writers just need to find any way to get the actress out of the show for contractual reasons?

The writers really like to keep the status quo.

Ekdrm2d1

Saw a commercial for the final season last night.

I could have sworn the series came to an end, at the end of season 3. In the woods, when ___ finds Wildred as a stuffed animal (or something.)

Maybe so. I forgot. That scene was in the woods though, right? Probably the same scene..

Edit: Here it is.

I might not have seen season 3, cause I do not remember Frodo going in the woods and discovering a stuffed doll. Are only seasons 1 & 2 up on Netflix?

big ander

Ryan finding the Wilfred statue wasn't the series finale, no. It was definitely final, and had the show not been renewed the season 3 capper would have been satisfying enough, but it still left a lot up in the air. All the statue proves is that Wilfred exists outside of Ryan's mind, there's still more to learn which I'm sure will come in season 4.
I might not have seen season 3, cause I do not remember Frodo going in the woods and discovering a stuffed doll. Are only seasons 1 & 2 up on Netflix?

Season 3 is not on netflix. IIRC FX shows conventionally go on IW just barely before the premiere date of the following season, so it's possible it'll be there before s4 starts. No guarantees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom