• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural: Season 9 |OT| It's Raining Men! Hallelujah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supernatural: Season
Tuesdays at 9pm on The CW
Premieres Tuesday October 8th.

Official Supernatural Twitter Feed

w17fJ9M.gif

What is going on?
Just as Sam was all set to seal the gates of Hell forever, Dean stepped in to stop his baby brother from dying in the process. Unfortunately, at the same time, The Metatron had finished his own spell which expelled all the angels out of Heaven. Now, the earth is littered with fallen angels. Some still retain some of their heavenly power, while others are mere mortals.
In the middle of it all, Crowley has been partially healed of his demonic ways, and Abbadon is loose and not too happy that a salesman was running hell for such a long time.
There is a new regime in Heaven, and The Metatron reigns supreme. But how will this affect the goings on on earth?

Can the Winchester's save the earth again?

Will Castiel start working his way to setting up the orgy promised in season 5?

Tune in to find out!

Also of note is the show's change in time. Last season it moved from the Friday death slot to Wednesday nights. Not it has moved to Tuesday nights at 9pm. Change your viewing schedules accordingly.

The Cast
(click on pictures for full resolution)

Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
Jared's Official Twitter Feed

Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester

Misha Collins as Castiel
Misha's Official Twitter Feed

Mark Sheppard as Crowley
Mark Sheppard's Twitter feed

Jim Beaver's Official Twitter Feed

The Music
One of the biggest things about Supernatural is its awesome soundtrack. While the last two seasons have not been as generous with their great classic rock offerings, the show continues to have one of the best soundtracks of any show around.

A listing of all the songs, separated by episode, in the show so far.

riversong_spoilers.gif

SPOILER POLICY

Spoilers are a sensitive subject on GAF. Episode titles and descriptions should be considered spoilers, and tagged as such. Rumors should be treated the same as well.

Once an episode has aired on the East Coast, then it is fair game and should not be spoiler tagged.

Speculation is encouraged and welcome, and should not be spoiler tagged unless it contains information NOT presented on the show. So if you read an interview and they mention something coming, spoiler that stuff!

Remember, if you post some major spoilers without tagging them, this could happen:
YdIOe.gif

Speaking of MAJOR spoilers
Jim Beaver was given the go ahead to confirm that Bobby will be back in a major way this season.
As for that spoiler:
ermUkmA.gif

cgdP4Mp.gif

As for Tuesday nights at 9pm:
sq63lKn.gif

9NC07oV.gif

8I5Qwmk.gif

dZpF0Oa.gif

And on some Tuesdays:
79cIwrP.gif

Savitar

Hey my thread title suggestion was picked or it was a coincidence since it really did fit the new season.

Cas up there looks pretty damn sad.

May this season be a good one.

Hey my thread title suggestion was picked or it was a coincidence since it really did fit the new season.

Cas up there looks pretty damn sad.

May this season be a good one.

The thread title was a good suggestion. Thank you for the idea.

As for Cas looking sad, he is just one step away from achieving Attractive Crying Man.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Subscribed. Looks like I'll be watching Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. on Tuesdays at 8:00 followed by Supernatural at 9:00, good night for TV.

This season holds a lot of promise, it was really getting great again towards the end of the last one.

BFIB

I really hope Season 8 goes up on Netflix soon. Ended up missing the last half of the season.

Mengy

S1-8 on BD for $88 and some change if anyone is interested. Sold on Amazon UK, but is region free.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0083SF0FG/

I would love to buy all of the seasons and re-watch them, but this far into it I'm now just going to wait for the inevitable box set with all ten seasons. Or however many they end it at. Looking forward to the day when I can start from the very beginning again.

Subscribed. Looks like I'll be watching Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. on Tuesdays at 8:00 followed by Supernatural at 9:00, good night for TV.

This season holds a lot of promise, it was really getting great again towards the end of the last one.

Tuesdays are a bloodbath for my TV watching. Agents of SHIELD and The Originals at 8. Supernatural and New Girl at 9.
Thursday's will be rough as well, since Big Bang Theory and Vampire Diaries air at 8 on that night. And then once ABC starts Once Upon a Time in Wonderland next week, that will be a third show on at that time slot. Although only my wife wants to watch that, so Vampire Diaries will probably win that night.

I really hope Season 8 goes up on Netflix soon. Ended up missing the last half of the season.

Season 8 went up on Netflix today. Plenty of time to catch up.

Mengy

I really need to catch up, stopped watching somewhere in season 7 or 8.

Season 8 was really good, especially towards the end the show really seemed to hit a great groove. I'm hoping they keep the momentum up, because I'm starting to get a vibe of a trend like we saw from seasons 1-5. Meaning how the show gradually ramped up and up and climaxed for a spectacular finale. They seem to be building something now, and I'm anxious to see where it's going.

Season 8 was really good, especially towards the end the show really seemed to hit a great groove. I'm hoping they keep the momentum up, because I'm starting to get a vibe of a trend like we saw from seasons 1-5. Meaning how the show gradually ramped up and up and climaxed for a spectacular finale. They seem to be building something now, and I'm anxious to see where it's going.

Season 8 was on a slow upswing, but then episode 12, "As Time Goes By" hit. That was the game changer in my opinion. It introduced a great new part of the mythology with the Men of Letters, and then the show had a run of great episodes.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I really need to catch up, stopped watching somewhere in season 7 or 8.

Season 7 was kinda hit and miss, there was a lot of stupid stuff and some good episodes in between. Episode 8 started off great then it kinda slowed down into oblivion and had some shit episodes it picked up nicely by the end, it was a solid post season 5 season.

Batigol

Banned
Supernatural has such great gifs :lol

Excited to actually watch it when it's running after finally catching up

I hope we get a female main character who doesn't die a horrible death or get amnesia or retconned out of existence or something.

I mean, there's Charlie, but... she's Charlie.

Dali said:
What's up with this show and hulu? Hell even xfinity doesn't seem to keep up.

Hulu keeps up just fine. It takes a whole day but, I can live with that. Netflix is the lagger. However, they go commercial free and that is the biggest reason why I keep it.

Mileena

Banned
thought I missed this, now I'm pleasantly excited for tuesday. I don't know why the fuck I read that spoiler in OP tho, the gif was so tempting ; ;

I hope we get a female main character who doesn't die a horrible death or get amnesia or retconned out of existence or something.

I mean, there's Charlie, but... she's Charlie.

I'm also hoping for this. Shame they had to kill Ellen and Jo...but with what happened at the end of S8, it does open the way for both of them to return...

wc5Hv1i.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom