• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural: Season 9 |OT| It's Raining Men! Hallelujah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still could very well be the case, long con and all that. Probably not but still interesting to think about.

Crowley in Dean's trunk makes me smile. Could't have happened to a nicer guy, plus I can't wait for him to complain about it.

And for him to ask if he missed the newest episode of Girls.

Ponn

Banned
Sam possessed by a fallen angel... worked out so well last time. All we need is Dean possessed by an Archangel and we're setup for the vision of the future from season 5, since Cas is already human.

As much as this possession/resurrection is getting stale that would actually be pretty cool if the mid season ender was Cas meeting up with them and saying "thats not Ezekial" then have the season finale cliffhanger in 2014 be Dean and Sam in Detroit. That would be a boss move.

jstripes

Banned
As much as this possession/resurrection is getting stale...

It would seem Sam agrees with that.

But anyway, aside from the "I have to keep this a secret from my brother" thing getting a bit tiresome, I don't really have any complaints. Pretty solid so far, but would have liked to see creepy stalker Hael stick around a bit longer...

I am not done yet, by .16mg Internet means forever buffering, but omg, Death's "Well played." might be the best thing ever. I teared up and everything.

jstripes

Banned
then theyve all already lost before the battle even started. and its really trippy how fucked up sams head is. i was almost expecting the other sams to show up and bumrush him.

Sam has been through some crazy shit. Remember how his soul was described as being "mush" after being recused from Lucifer's pit?

Hey, I loved it. Death is my favorite thing ever, and him in any episode saves everything.

Secrets again, blah.

As for the fangirls, they dislike the women not because they are competition, but because they get in the way of their great ships: Which are Sam/Dean or Dean/Cas

Hey, I loved it. Death is my favorite thing ever, and him in any episode saves everything.

Secrets again, blah.

As for the fangirls, they dislike the women not because they are competition, but because they get in the way of the Great Ship: Dean + anyone

Fixed.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
That was by far the strongest opener this show has had in a long time.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Secrets again, blah.

As for the fangirls, they dislike the women not because they are competition, but because they get in the way of their great ships: Which are Sam/Dean or Dean/Cas

i guessing deans love/hate relationship with characters makes fangirls pair him with random dudes despite relation and allegiance?

Heh, yeah, pretty much. Though I don't think Dean/Bobby is very popular.

i guessing deans love/hate relationship with characters makes fangirls pair him with random dudes despite relation and allegiance?

I guess so? I think it's actually the fault of the show for not having any solid female leads from the start. Fangirls gotta ship, and slash is popular, but usually there's a popular het ship too. I've never seen a fandom so hell bent as this one on keeping women out. It's insane.

Edit: Also, Death is so going to turn out to also be God. Calling it.

Also, when Dean said 'I have the king of Hell in my trunk.' I started saying 'OMG PLEASE BE LITERAL.' Hilarious.

More like Dean's awesomeness.
dZpF0Oa.gif

Parallax

I guess so? I think it's actually the fault of the show for not having any solid female leads from the start. Fangirls gotta ship, and slash is popular, but usually there's a popular het ship too. I've never seen a fandom so hell bent as this one on keeping women out. It's insane.

Edit: Also, Death is so going to turn out to also be God. Calling it.

Also, when Dean said 'I have the king of Hell in my trunk.' I started saying 'OMG PLEASE BE LITERAL.' Hilarious.

if death turns out to be god, it will be the biggest swerve ever. im really suprised death wasnt hellbent to take sam despite that talk of rarely claiming souls himself

if death turns out to be god, it will be the biggest swerve ever. im really suprised death wasnt hellbent to take sam despite that talk of rarely claiming souls himself

He seems to be one of the only legitimately neutral characters in the show. Like he said, it was up to Sam. If he wanted him, he'd have taken him, we haven't met a creature more powerful yet.

its amazing how much fangirls hate female characters

Secrets again, blah.

Fuck fangirls. Seriously. They can ship everyone up the wazoo, hell, I find some of the flirtation between male characters amusing!

But come on, why does every woman in their lives have to end up horribly murdered? Meg and Castiel was great! Jo was great! Ellen was great! Bella was... Bella.

Look, I'm just saying, it's reached the point where it's redonkulous. Like... I literally cannot stand it.

Also, Jensen Ackles could have mad chemistry with a chair. I could believe it.

Fuck fangirls. Seriously. They can ship everyone up the wazoo, hell, I find some of the flirtation between male characters amusing!

But come on, why does every woman in their lives have to end up horribly murdered? Meg and Castiel was great! Jo was great! Ellen was great! Bella was... Bella.

Look, I'm just saying, it's reached the point where it's redonkulous. Like... I literally cannot stand it.

Also, Jensen Ackles could have mad chemistry with a chair. I could believe it.

I have always been upset at the fact that women can't stay on this show without being horribly murdered in some way. I don't really think that's on the fangirls, either, but how they write it. It's played off almost as a joke at this point. I expect Charley to bite it any day now.

Which would please all you :( Damn it.

Edit: Your quote about Dean and chemistry made me think of a famous fangirl quote from back in the day with BtVS: "Spike could have chemistry with door." It's hilarious because it was said before he actually had chemistry with a freaking door.

I have always been upset at the fact that women can't stay on this show without being horribly murdered in some way. I don't really think that's on the fangirls, either, but how they write it. It's played off almost as a joke at this point. I expect Charley to bite it any day now.

It would not please me. I like Charlie. We need an episode with her and Dean having a night on the town and playing wingman for each other.

They did a decent job humanizing her in the last episode with her, so if she lived, I'd be okay with that as long as she isn't back to being terrible. But the bizarre thing is... women can live if they are lesbians? Like Charley?

But yeah, the writers' attitude with women is... bizarre.

They did a decent job humanizing her in the last episode with her, so if she lived, I'd be okay with that as long as she isn't back to being terrible. But the bizarre thing is... women can live if they are lesbians? Like Charley?

But yeah, the writers' attitude with women is... bizarre.

Jody Mills isn't dead yet. She needs to come back and kick ass. And then Bobby needs to return and he and Mills can hook up. That is actually a ship I can get behind.

Jody Mills isn't dead yet. She needs to come back and kick ass. And then Bobby needs to return and he and Mills can hook up. That is actually a ship I can get behind.

I thought they did hook up?

Also, my only ships on the show are Castiel/Anyone, and Dean/Benny. Because that was hot. Also, you didn't need slash goggles to see it. Hell, you'd need a blindfold to miss it.

Oh shit, yeah.

Time to start up the dead pool again. Mills bites it by episode 13. But seriously, I'd be down with Bobby and Sheriff Mills.

But I wouldn't be surprised when she bites it. You know what I'd like? Sam's monster girlfriend coming back from purgatory and kicking Dean's nads in.

Edit: Dean/Benny. Yeah, Christ, that is like, a legitimate romantic relationship. I mean, Cas and Sam and Dean, they're like brothers, even though everyone makes the ship jokes.

But Dean and Benny... that was full on love. Like... yeah. I saw longing in their eyes. Legit longing.

Oh shit, yeah.

Time to start up the dead pool again. Mills bites it by episode 13. But seriously, I'd be down with Bobby and Sheriff Mills.

But I wouldn't be surprised when she bites it. You know what I'd like? Sam's monster girlfriend coming back from purgatory and kicking Dean's nads in.

That reminds me....I kinda shipped Cas/Meg :(

I thought they did hook up?

Also, my only ships on the show are Castiel/Anyone, and Dean/Benny. Because that was hot. Also, you didn't need slash goggles to see it. Hell, you'd need a blindfold to miss it.

The Benny/Dead bromance was the most genuine and heartfelt relationship the show has had in years. That goodbye scene was rough.

Who didn't? Everyone wanted Cas to show Meg some more tricks he learned from the pizza boy.

Parallax

it would. id rather have jo and allen than her

Yes! What the hell SPN writers. I really wanted to see how Cas/Meg played out. That was genuinely interesting to watch. They had good chemistry! But noooooo, another woman bites the dust to save the men.

The Benny/Dead bromance was the most genuine and heartfelt relationship the show has had in years. That goodbye scene was rough.

Yes. That was straight up tear inducing.

QCPN0.gif

Who didn't? Everyone wanted Cas to show Meg some more tricks he learned from the pizza boy.

Totally agree. Gut punch. And I am glad I am not the only one.

it would. id rather have jo and allen than her

The deaths of Jo and Ellen almost made me stop watching the show.

Yes! What the hell SPN writers. I really wanted to see how Cas/Meg played out. That was genuinely interesting to watch. They had good chemistry! But noooooo, another woman bites the dust to save the men.

Yes. That was straight up tear inducing.

QCPN0.gif

Yeah, I was sooo pissed when Meg died. "Go get my unicorn." FUCK YOU WRITERS.

Them feels.

Edit: I just realized in any other context, 'Go get my unicorn.' would be hilarious and not sad.

I think the writers are just masochists. Whatever bits of happiness anyone gets is torn away for the lulz.

It infuriates me. It forces the characters to continually regress.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I think the writers are just masochists. Whatever bits of happiness anyone gets is torn away for the lulz.

It's a hard road out there for the Winchesters. If they don't end the series with the brother's choosing to die together I do not know how I will feel.

Parallax

theyre gonna have a bobby end. with having killed first loves and children, shit can only go down from this point

Savitar

There is no way it will ever end good for them.

For one, they're absolutely unable to give it up, they always get dragged back into it, they always will as long as one is alive and as long as one is alive they will find a way to bring the other back.

Sam is tired of it, that's been easy to see for a long time now. He only keeps doing it for Dean and Dean keeps doing it because if his brother is there he can't really do anything but hunt. He feels compelled. The only time he settled down was when Sam wasn't in the picture.

Eventually they are going to die because Dean thinks it's his fate and he'll drag his brother along for the ride due to his co dependency on him and Sam will go with it because he can't refuse his brother.

But where do they go? Heaven isn't exactly fans of them. You know what would happen in Hell. Limbo? Dean might be a fan of that option but it isn't Sam unless he goes there just to make Dean happy and I can almost see him doing that. Even if it's for eternity.

Be kind of nice if God came and took them to ensured they rest having done whatever they were suppose to do. If not make sure they finally get their deserved rest.

Also the fangirls don't hate any females on the show only because of their ships but because they think the guys actually belong together. They actually believe that, some of them do. Others hate another female all over them because they are either a Dean girl or a Sam girl and if it's one thing I discovered they tend to not get along very well. If they watch an episode one will say Dean got the short end of the stick and it's always Sam centric. The other will say Sam is getting the short end of the stick and he's always bumbling things up.

It goes on and on and on and on.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'm not sure how the show will end, but I think I know where it's going. We are cruising towards another version of the last half of Season 5 IMHO. Think about it, we have Cas human, the angels have fallen so they will soon be out of power and out of the picture. We have an angel inside Sam again, what if he has ulterior motives? What if he was friends with Lucifer before he fell and is loyal to him? What if Ezekiel breaks Lucifer out of his cage and gives up Sam as host, then whalla we are basically at the bleak future that Dean saw in his trip to The End.

Maybe fate and destiny are inevitable?

All IMHO of course, I honestly have no factual idea where this is all going.

Gartikker

Eventually they are going to die because Dean thinks it's his fate and he'll drag his brother along for the ride due to his co dependency on him and Sam will go with it because he can't refuse his brother.

They have shown, that Dean doesn't have to be dependent on Sam. He was at his best in Purgatory, i didn't feel like he needed Sam there. I don't know why they insist on dragging him down the same road, i'd love to see even half a season, where they were separated. Especially Sam, because i have no idea who that man is anymore. It would build both their characters and it would actually mean more when they got together again.

dalin80

Banned
Ugh... This episode had all the rubbish I had hoped that had given up with. The start of the show was pretty awesome with monster of the week stuff but know it's just utter tripe.

Effect

I'm dreading Charile's end. I think it's going to happen, she's getting to close to the point she's treated as a little sister it seems, but I really don't want it to. I've never wanted any of the female characters (good or bad) to die save Bella. Did not like her at all. I only felt a slight be sadness for her at the very end but it quickly left. If the goal was to make her unlikeable then great job. Having Jo and Ellen go hurt. I really loved the group dynamic with them. Especially the mother/sons relationship she had with the Dean and Sam. That made the what-if episode that much better. I'm actually glad Jody hasn't shown up to much. I was really concern for a while there last season.

The question is how long is Abaddon going to last. I don't think she's the big bad so that could paint a target on her back.

Was actually hoping we'd see more of Tahmoh Penikett this season.

Slayven

I never got the idea that if a male has love/hate relationship with a another male, they must want to secretly fuck. Or if a male has a good relationship with another male, they much want to secretly fuck.

Maybe I put too much into chemistry.

Not the greatest season opener, but I enjoyed it. Nice to see Tahmoh, hope he sticks around. Also great to see Death again, how awesome would it be if he stuck around for more than a couple of minutes...

Quite like the new intro too, makes a nice change from the last few duller intro tiles.

Ratings are up:
Can someone blame the CW for moving away from female dramas to boy/genre shows? After those underwhelming 0.4 in 18-49, 1 million viewers and 0.3; 860,000 viewers for Hart Of Dixie and Beauty And The Beast on Monday, the network got cooking with veteran Supernatural last night. In its ninth (!) season premiere, the sci-fi drama logged 2.53 million viewers and a 1.2 in 18-49 for the series’ highest-rated and most watched premiere since 2010. Versus last season’s opener, Supernatural was up 37% in total viewers, up 25% in A18-34 (1.0/3) and up 50% in A18-49.

Has anyone asked the writers why Sam and Dean can't just... be legit honest? For once? Without secrecy and idiocy?

I thought the reason for Dean keeping a secret was actually pretty good. Much better than reasons they've kept them in the past and at least we're also in on the secret at the ground floor as opposed to learning what it is at the midway point of the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom