• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pupip! |OT| ( ´ 3 ` )

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
pupipo.jpg

Studio: AIC
Director: Kaoru Suzuki
Original Creator: Rensuke Oshikiri (Hi-Score Girl)
Genre: Horror, Comedy
Duration: 13eps/5mins
Streaming: ヾ(*´ー`)ノ
Trailers: PV1 PV2

Plot Synopsis
Fifth grader Wakaba can see things invisible beings other people can't. Because of this, she's bullied by her classmates and spends her days alone. But one day, she meets a strange pink creature who only says "Pupipo." It quickly becomes fond of Wakaba and protects her from evil beings. With its help, she befriends Reiko, a girl obsessed with the occult. Meanwhile, she meets Naoya, a boy who can also see invisible creatures, and decides to help him get rid of them.

Characters

Wakaba Himeji (CV: Shiho Sasaki)

Pō-chan (CV: Chisato Mori)

Reiko "Aa-chan" Azuma (CV: Mai Goto)

Naoya Yūki (CV: Kotomi Otsuka)

"Why Should I Watch It?"

Because Pupipo will be very mad if you don’t.

pupipo2.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is the most ponpo thread of all time.

No wait.

( ≖‿≖)

Now it's the most ponpo thread of all time.

EDIT: Damnit ponpo

Episode 1

S1IWFy0.jpg

Put some angry eyebrows on him and he could pass for Kirby.

"Pipo!" What an adorable little voice this guy has. Music is pretty chill too. The moment when the music pulled away and Wakaba encounted Pupipo at the end was touching. Animation is average, but the character designs are nice and it has a soft, pleasant art design overall. This looks like it could be a fun and surprisingly sweet short series.

Theonik

PuPiPo 01
ibjtDlIZdY8DjT.png

Me in the middle
This was pretty alright. Needed more PuPiPo but I guess that's for the next episode.
Love the character designs.

Oh lord, I have seen 'Another.' Never again. Anime-Gaf warned me to avoid Blood-C at all cost.
Clearly they were trying to stop you from experiencing comedic genius.

liRXx4vl.jpg

The famous ( ´ 3 ` ) ( ´ 3 ` ) attack.

Still enjoying this. Everything feels light hearted and definitely has a nice feeling to all of this.

evacs

Neo Member
This show reminds me of Kotoura-san, in a good way.

Although I can't help but wonder if the pink blob will evolve into another form after consuming enough ghosts...

wonzo

Banned
Episode 2

pupipo2.jpg

Even weird pink blob things have to eat sometime. Fortunately it's just limited to evil dark spirits! ( ´ 3 ` )

wonzo

Banned
Episode 3

pupipo3.jpg

I want my own Po-chan so bad. :(

It's about time the "horror" parts really started to seep into the show. Can't wait for next week!

Episode 04

rXSyWKCl.jpg

Well we are definitely reaching into the horror parts, but ( ´ 3 ` ) will save the day~

And I am completely interested to see what happens.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The picture on their wall shows a great appreciation for art.

wonzo

Banned
Episode 5

pupipo5a.jpg

Some real nice cuts of animation in this ep & I ended up getting pretty emotional towards the end too. ;_;

Theonik

PuPiPo 05
Later manga spoilers made the ending to this episode quite odd to say the least. Some good cuts in this episode definitely wasn't expecting that.
If Wonzo hadn't spoiled that fact.

Theonik

PuPiPo 06
Man that kid going straight for the jugular. I think the signs of it being a short show are finally really showing. It felt like this should have been resolved rather than the episode ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom