• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 China Rising had Levolution, Inverse foliage glitch still not fixed after 3 month

maneil99

Dice talking about Levolution in China Rising

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QQXhaVdOi2A#t=120

From Reddit
Thanks to ripped sound files we now know that:

-China rising was supposed to have levolution events:

Altai Range - Snowstorm

Silkroad - Sandstorm (can't even port the one from SA OP.Firestorm? U srs DICE?)

Guilin Peaks - Heavy Fog

Dragon Pass levolution event is not mentioned in audio files, either a mistake or perhaps this level was not meant to have any OR by the time they started working on it the levolution as whole got axed for this expansion.

-You were supposed to be able to freely switch between commander and infantry without having to leave and rejoin the server.

-If you happened to level up in the field, nearby soldiers would compliment you (sound files divided into 5 tiers)

If you're looking for proof for above statements, following link contains a 58Mb archive with selected sound files extracted from BF4.

http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/93835798/file.html

Inverse Graphics :

( Low Setting In Menu, Ultra in Actual Game : )
06829508-photo-details-du-terrain-faible-donc-ultra.jpg

( Ultra setting in menu , Low in game )
06829514-photo-details-du-terrain-ultra-donc-faible.jpg

You might say, well just switch them if that is an issue, well there's two issues, first you must reset the setting to Ultra in the Menu before you leave or all settings will look BELOW low setting when you play again, 2nd is while the density is inversed, the draw distance isn't, so ULTRA = low grass ultra draw distance, while LOW = Ultra grass, low draw distance

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064768159361567/42/

Oh yea, and this also effects SP. 850+ posts, no response

komplanen

I hope people will not easily forget the EA quality we're being sold at $60 price when the next cool game is nearing release. Or at least I hope EA manages to learn something from their dumb mistakes.

Always felt weird that nothing dynamic happened in any of the China Rising maps, considering the big focus they put on "Levolution" for BF4.

Dragon Valley always seemed like it was primed for a big thunderstorm or something.

maneil99

Always felt weird that nothing dynamic happened in any of the China Rising maps, considering the big focus they put on "Levolution" for BF4.

Dragon Valley always seemed like it was primed for a big thunderstorm or something.

Watching that interview it was suppose to have a monsoon/rainstorm

BeerSnob

In six months to a year this will totally be almost fixed for the most in some aspects some of the time, until DLC breaks something again.

Oh hey don't forget to pay an extra 60-80 dollars for...uhh reasons.

Uh...how do you guys know that those audio files aren't just early/unfinished development items?

There's tons of stuff within every game-file ever made that are incomplete/not in the final game.

Edit: Video settings and all that is indeed fucked up, I mean the stuff that those audio files "prove" specifically.

Edit 2: answered.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Who cares about the Levolution. The bigger crime is that Commander to Solider STILL isn't fixed. Having to rejoin a server if you go commander and want to play is bullshit. Same for Spectator. In the year of our lord, 2014: That's inexcusable. Q3A in 1999 fucking did this ALL-IN-GAME. WTF, DICE?

SJRB

Gold Member
Super embarrassing, really. How do you fuck up the video settings so bad and still don't fix it after three months? Also - you have to log out if you want to exit commander mode? Why?

maneil99

Uh...how do you guys no that those audio files aren't just early/unfinished development items?

There's tons of stuff within every game-file ever made that are incomplete/not in the final game.

Because Dice mentions all of that in the interview at the top of the post

Randdalf

If you look at it from a more cynical standpoint, Levolution was something that was invented with one eye on using it as a marketing tool to present the game as something other than a minor iteration on Battlefield 3.

th4tguy

Even before ea buying dice, they were always known for releasing initially broken games and then releasing patches that fixed some things but broke others. They are like Bethesda with the elderscrolls games. Always buggy at first but pretty solid about half a year later.

Milennia

Wait, the big cool levolution thing is not in any of the DLC maps because :dice: ?
Thats pretty mindblowing, jesus.

Theres levelution in every second assault map.
Both are from different branches.
The branch that made CR claimed they felt levelution wasn't suited for the maps/or had trouble justifying it, so they kept it as is.

Prezhulio

Will there be levolution in ANY of the dlc? I was always disappointed it didn't make it into CR but I didn't know it had originally been planned

I actually have heard someone compliment me on my rank when I leveled up once. Actually meant to make a post here complimenting dice on implementing that and just forgot, and haven't heard it since.

Birin

Neo Member
I figure those low density settings would make it easier to spot enemies in the grasslands/bushes.

I play BF4 on the PC and the constant crashes have gone away. That was my main concern.

Bradach

Dice keep deleting my SP save (ps4). I've given up trying.
You're not going to make me play the whole SP in one sitting dice, ya hear me?

Savitar

Battlefield had such a good chance to make a great impression and set themselves for a go against CoD and they botched it, they botched it entirely.

DSN2K

game is beautiful disaster, so much still broken and the DLC is also releasing broke, I feel for people who paid for Premium..

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Imagine how bugged were those Levolution events that DICE took 'em out.

It would be godlike if they can patch them in.

Gator86

I know, its weird but I feel the same way.

Same. The game is absolute dogshit QA-wise but I'm nearing 100 online hours. The core mechanics and gameplay are fun but DICE is just terrible at fixing bugs. It really does seem like they needed an entire additional year to get the game working like we/they expected and promised.

drexplora

I hate how "levolution" sounds.. very lame and gimmicky!!
kinda ended up that way..

Sucks they didn't get another year to work on it, way too much going on

and people wonder why Call of Duty is still king. Not that I'm supporting it, but if this is the type of rubbish pile of poo they want to shell out for 60 dollars then they aren't deserving of my 60 dollars. This is a total travesty of quality control. You don't ship a game broken and fix it later. These are not MMO's and even MMO's usually ship in a better state.

Milennia

Wonder how bad the Second Assault DLC is going to be. They already promised Levolution.

Its already out and it has levelution, whereas levelution wasn't promised at all for CR and in the very interview listed above, they say they had it, even mention the exact same event as in the op.. They then say it was removed as they couldn't justify it.

Nothing is fishy here, its all out in the open and has been,
Levelution is experimental, one branch wanted it, the other tried it and didn't in the end.

If they keep passing it back and forth between branches for DLC, the naval DLC should be made by the same branch that created SA, which included levelution.

The Flash

Banned
Wonder how bad the Second Assault DLC is going to be. They already promised Levolution.

Metro is the same, so is Firestorm, the sandstorm in Oman is super effective, and Caspian is the only one that has been significantly altered even though the original was good already. There, I have summarized Second Assault for you.

Wasp

Talking of inverse graphics, in the second Campaign level, Shaghai, I noticed that one of the window panes has the raindrops crawling up the glass instead of down.

If you want to check it out it's the window to the right immediately after exiting the first elevator in the level, with the dogtag above the elevator.

Zemm

Why would you ever play with all that foliage on? Looks like a massive disadvantage. And yeah DICE are shit etc but we already know that.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Levelution is complete garbage to be honest, it has very little effect on the vast majority of the maps.

Zemm

Because it is pretty and it is not like Battlefield is extremely competitive.

True that but I feel like as soon as I got killed by someone I couldn't see in the foliage I'd be going straight into the menu and putting it on low settings, or is it ultra? MY MIND!

fosholv

Paracel Storm has the best levolution out of the whole base game. First time I saw that whole stage switched to rain/storm was so good. I just want more of that in the expansion packs.

Jaxter09

Ironically I had no issues with bf4 launch, after the updates though now my game is flat out broken- after about 5 minutes the game literally drops to 1-3 fps, no matter the settings/resolution.

Top Bottom