• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 China Rising had Levolution, Inverse foliage glitch still not fixed after 3 month

Majanew

Banned
The best use of levolution is on Shanghai. On Rogue Transmission, you can be standing directly under the suspended structure that comes crashing down and it won't hurt you. Won't even mess with the flag directly under the dish, either. What's the point? People should be fleeing when it comes crashing down to escape death.

I do like playing on Paracel Storm, though. Not for the ship that you can have come crashing in, but it's cool when it starts getting dark and the storm comes in the middle of a match. Good stuff. Need more of that.

And on topic lol, are the CR maps good? I'm only waiting for Second Assault to hit PS4.

One thing I have noticed is that mines/slams don't leave craters on China Rising maps.

China rising maps seem like they were just battlefield 3 maps that were saved for this game. Doesn't really bother me that they don't have Levolution though.

What they should focus on instead is weather effects, cause that storm on Paracel Storm is fucking awesome. Start doing tsunamis and tornadoes and shit.

The state this game has been released in just to beat CoD as the first one out is embarrassing. EA has quickly but surely killed BF as a good franchise like they have with so many others, BF has always had a history of being buggy at release, but never has it been completely broken and for so long. But EA wants to keep trying to somehow get the Call Of Duty market despite fans of Battlefield not actually caring about stuff like singleplayer, they even started hiding multiplayer weapons in behind finishing the Singleplayer.

eroots

LOL I remember that. Good times...

Yea wtf dice.. How could u guys never fix the end game screen showing you lost when you won....got that so often.. Seems like a simple thing to fix too. I love their games, but this sort of support is really shitty..

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I don't really consider not having levolution events in China Rising as suss or wrong. As noted, DICE has been upfront that they were removed as they were hard to justify. And that's fine. Levolution is hardly justified on half the vanilla maps.

Bugged foliage setting, on the other hand, should have been fixed.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
From the beginning I've wondered why "Levolution" was their big buzzword, yet their first DLC didn't even have it. Even if whichever team was behind it disagrees, how can you not ship a map pack without the big thing that is supposed to be present in all maps otherwise?

Talking of inverse graphics, in the second Campaign level, Shaghai, I noticed that one of the window panes has the raindrops crawling up the glass instead of down.

If you want to check it out it's the window to the right immediately after exiting the first elevator in the level, with the dogtag above the elevator.

I almost want to start up the campaign to reach the second level to see this.

Almost.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I hope people will not easily forget the EA quality we're being sold at $60 price when the next cool game is nearing release. Or at least I hope EA manages to learn something from their dumb mistakes.

You say this like simcity wasnt just a few months before this as well.

maneil99

I think its a developer issue or publisher issue not a time issue, this is an engine that all of EA has learned to use and is the same engine dice has used all generation, while it's called Frostbite 3 its essentially the same for coding as Frostbite 1. And regarding Sim City, that's clearly a dev issue, the game had a super long development time.

Dysun

Levolution is completely negligible on all maps except for Flood Zone anyway. Seems like a missed opportunity

DICE have fucked up big time with BF4.

It's like they threw all the shit that does work from previous games and trying to add other new things into a blender and just hoped it would come out good.
dXuD2BL.gif

It is crazy at how broken the game still is. I bought it day 1 on PC and played for a week before deciding to step back and let a few patches come out and fix issues. Nope, shit still broken. Hopefully, sooner than later it get's to a reliably playable condition soon. It's a shame, as when it does work it's a ton of fun, problem is your rolling the dice on whether it will or not.

Demon Ice

Banned
Relieved I waited until the Black Friday sales and got this game + the expansion for half off. Even then I feel slightly ripped off given how poorly the MP runs at times.

Azull

I am so glad I decided to wait on this game. Unfortunately for my buddy, he didn't heed my advice and now he hasn't touched it since it was released =\. I hate really buggy games.

LowSignal

-If you happened to level up in the field, nearby soldiers would compliment you (sound files divided into 5 tiers)

This happened to me on XB1 the other day as I rode as a passenger in a chopper the other day.

Dug

Banned
I was wondering why none of the CR maps had levolution...thought it was kinda weird that big of a feature wasn't in the DLC. Second Assualt does have levolution though.

teepo

i wish more maps had changing weather effects like seen in parcel storm -- the only map where levolution dramatically improves the map. it would've especially helped the dragon rising maps given with how sniper friendly some of the maps are.

please patch them back in dice

G_Berry

Banned
Ive pumped over 110 hours into this game (bone) and it is most definitely a glitch / bug fest.

Sometimes you load a map, the game runs great! Feels smooth almost like its hitting the touted 60fps. Other times, its like a pc game where the wrong drivers are instaled. Frame lag, stutter, motion sickness.

Its better than the latest cod by far but fuck me if its not broken!

It pains me to say as a huge bf fan but this is my last bf I buy at launch. From now on I wait a month or two for the feedback.

Trojan X

Banned
This is insane! BF3 was never this bad. How could BF4 despite how awesome the game is, be such as crazy glitch fest?! The way this game went, it appears that it should have really came out May 2014 instead of Oct 2013. What a mess. Looks like I have to wait much longer to buy this game and the packs on the PC. It's cost too much for what it's worth.

If you bought this game, you are rewarding Dice for their effort.

Shitty Battlefield is still better than almost any other shooter out there, especially if your a PS4 owner like myself.

To be honest I'm so used to half assed launches that as long as the games remotely playable I'll buy into it if I know I'll have fun. I'm having lots of fun so far (150 hrs) Need Second Assault to drop soon though, China Rising maps blow

tookhster

Meh, I still have loads of fun on BF4 with my friends online. Way better than Ghosts(ugh) and Killzone which is its only competition on PS4 right now. I've had few moments when the frame rate dips in the beginning of the match but besides that I haven't run into anything big. I just got the game a few weeks ago though so I can't imagine how it was at launch.

Also haven't downloaded the DLC maps and am kinda disappointed they don't have the levolution thing. I was gonna buy them, too. Are they still worth it/fun to play even though they don't have levolution?

Milennia

Meh, I still have loads of fun on BF4 with my friends online. Way better than Ghosts(ugh) and Killzone which is its only competition on PS4 right now. I've had few moments when the frame rate dips in the beginning of the match but besides that I haven't run into anything big. I just got the game a few weeks ago though so I can't imagine how it was at launch.

Also haven't downloaded the DLC maps and am kinda disappointed they don't have the levolution thing. I was gonna buy them, too. Are they still worth it/fun to play even though they don't have levolution?

If you love vehicles, they are great, all of them.
If you don't, you have guilin, which is a top tier infantry map.

McLovin

I'm having a bunch of fun with BF4, I was thinking about getting premium but its crazy that the even the map packs are buggy. I've been itching for something new and I dunno if I should get premium or get cod: ghost and get premium when they sort this out.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Shitty Battlefield is still better than almost any other shooter out there, especially if your a PS4 owner like myself.

To be honest I'm so used to half assed launches that as long as the games remotely playable I'll buy into it if I know I'll have fun. I'm having lots of fun so far (150 hrs) Need Second Assault to drop soon though, China Rising maps blow
Pretty much. Otherwise people would have traded it in instead of complaining about the bugs. Even PC gamers could have gotten a refund. The game is good and people want it to be better.

Joco

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but the state in which this game was released was nothing short of a disaster and I have no confidence in EA or DICE at the moment to be able to release a game that isn't riddled with issues. Never buying another Battlefield at launch, that's for certain.

legacyzero

Banned
This game might have some severe flaws...but I love it to death.

This.

I wonder if we should be pointing the blame at DICE, or EA for this. Strange thing is, I'm no longer having any issues with the game past the first week on PS4 (with CE errors). PC version however doesn't like to connect some times. Otherwise, it's great.

Its pretty funny that bf4 despite all of its faults is still miles better than the latest cod

i used to love COD more than BF last gen but ghosts is a piece of crap
in summary COD Ghosts has

crap maps (lets give every building 20 ways to get in)
crap instadeath weapons (Playing heavy duty mode feels like normal cod)
crap perks system (let throw perks in a blender)
crap spawns (spawn...die..spawn...die)
and a radar system that encourages camping

They really dropped the ball with cod and if BF4 was not such a trainwreck it could of took the sword to COD...instead we have to put up with months and months of patches and promises...despite BF4 being broken in some areas i still love the game.

joecanada

and people wonder why Call of Duty is still king. Not that I'm supporting it, but if this is the type of rubbish pile of poo they want to shell out for 60 dollars then they aren't deserving of my 60 dollars. This is a total travesty of quality control. You don't ship a game broken and fix it later. These are not MMO's and even MMO's usually ship in a better state.

COD has had massive lag and hit detection problems which I find inexcusable in a fps and the reason I switched for good... at least you could choose a local server in bf3.. bops2 was unplayable and I'll never go back

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Levelution is complete garbage to be honest, it has very little effect on the vast majority of the maps.

how dare you. The thunderstorm on that island map is so awesome. The huge waves effect boat gameplay and the rain effects vision

Omega

Banned
I hope people will not easily forget the EA quality we're being sold at $60 price when the next cool game is nearing release. Or at least I hope EA manages to learn something from their dumb mistakes.

one of these has no shot at happening. the other has a 1% chance

maneil99

COD has had massive lag and hit detection problems which I find inexcusable in a fps and the reason I switched for good... at least you could choose a local server in bf3.. bops2 was unplayable and I'll never go back
I disagree entirely, I found ghosts far better then bf4 network wise. The rubberbanding that happens occasionally, the dying past a wall even without any sort of bullet pentration existing in the game, the objects that only certain players see. The game has a shit ton of issues network wise vs ghosts.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Just bought this for PC last night(just before I saw a gaffer offering it for $30.) Loving it so far. I hope they get this stuff figured out.

majik13

Levelution has been nothing more than a buzz word. Its nothing special really. And the China Rising maps are still the best 4 maps of BF4 so far ,even w/o Levelution.
I mainly like them as they have a more BC2 open feel, but not massively large. Ive only played them in Rush though

AlexIIDX

Is it possible that the levelutions could be patched in, or is this stuff never coming?...Whether or not it effects the gameplay, they add a cool element to each map. Need more changing weather.

Tain

I just tried the foliage thing, went to the same spot in Test Range, and I can't recreate it. I'm assuming it's "Terrain Decoration", right? I can't get it to look like that Ultra shot no matter what it's set to, oddly.

Game is ass

Can't join a game with my squad with a guarantee of being on the same team, terrible non focused map design with snipers literally falling out of the sky onto unreachable rooftops...when Planetside 2 feels like a more focused shooter you've got issues.

majik13

how dare you. The thunderstorm on that island map is so awesome. The huge waves effect boat gameplay and the rain effects vision

That one and Shanghai are really the only noticeable Levelutions IMO. Oh and flood zone(though Ive never witnessed the actual event) But Still doesnt feel like anything new, Im sure previous MP games have had weather changes. And normal destruction still has more of impact on a game than levelution does.

Odrion

Banned
Weather effects would've made the China Rising maps much, much better. Imagine the Altai Mountains during a snow storm that shortened everyone's range of vision, turning a long range map into a uh, shorter one.

Imagine D during the snow storm! Would've been cool.

edit: Anyways this is evidence to me that Dice are rushing these map packs out and fucking up the quality in the progress. Avoid premium until they prove this wrong.

This.

I wonder if we should be pointing the blame at DICE, or EA for this. Strange thing is, I'm no longer having any issues with the game past the first week on PS4 (with CE errors). PC version however doesn't like to connect some times. Otherwise, it's great.

Should be blaming EA. I don't know why so many people are up DICE's asses, as if they really had any say on when the game was "done" and ready for launch.

Top Bottom