• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 China Rising had Levolution, Inverse foliage glitch still not fixed after 3 month

majik13

Weather effects would've made the China Rising maps much, much better. Imagine the Altai Mountains during a snow storm that shortened everyone's range of vision, turning a long range map into a uh, shorter one.

Imagine D during the snow storm! Would've been cool.

edit: Anyways this is evidence to me that Dice are rushing these map packs out and fucking up the quality in the progress. Avoid premium until they prove this wrong.

I Think they have proved this wrong as the CR maps are some of the best maps. IMO. At least for Hardcore Rush.

And playing on PS4 there really hasnt been any technical issues for over a month.

Some squading up features would be apprecaited though

majik13

Should be blaming EA. I don't know why so many people are up DICE's asses, as if they really had any say on when the game was "done" and ready for launch.
I think the DICE hate comes from patches breaking other things, obvious simple glitches never being fixed( bc2 win screen) and odd design choices ( no squading up in ) . Not saying EA isnt blame though, as Im sure they deserve probabaly the most blame.

Stoffinator

I think the DICE hate comes from patches breaking other things, obvious simple glitches never being fixed( bc2 win screen) and odd design choices ( no squading up in ) . Not saying EA isnt blame though, as Im sure they deserve probabaly the most blame.

I think everyone just loves to blame EA. But I feel DICE is just as much to blame as EA is.

hesido

Well, there are somethings that I like repeating: DICE did not fix the faulty win/lose animation at the end of a game for Bad Company 2, like, ever. The issue was simple, when you team won, more than half of the time, it played the losing animation and when you lost, more than half of the time, it played the winning animation for you. Over several patches and DLC, this issue was not adressed.

It shouldn't take a whole lot to fix it, don't you think?

Kysen

The China rising maps are terrible, large open maps that make playing as infantry painful. Snipers everywhere and this is 10x worse on hardcore. Zero cover on silk road and vehicles everywhere. Bring back all the karkand maps from BF3 as well as the vanilla maps. Way better than the junk we have in BF4.

The China rising maps are terrible, large open maps that make playing as infantry painful. Snipers everywhere and this is 10x worse on hardcore. Zero cover on silk road and vehicles everywhere. Bring back all the karkand maps from BF3 as well as the vanilla maps. Way better than the junk we have in BF4.

Guilin Peaks is the best infantry map in the game. The other maps are fine for infantry as well, you just have to hop on a bike or quad every now and then and come prepared to handle tanks.

GlamFM

Banned
Bought this yesterday (PS4) just to see what this was all about.
I think this game has bigger problems than missing levolution - it looks and runs like ass.

kitch9

Banned
Bought this yesterday (PS4) just to see what this was all about.
I think this game has bigger problems than missing levolution - it looks and runs like ass.

For the most part is runs and looks fine. It stands up quite well to the PC version imo.

demolitio

Anyone else really wish they didn't get Premium?

Yes, especially since it's the ONLY season pass I even get since BF3's Premium was pretty good. I thought it was relatively safe to get this one but regretted it after my 10000th crash.

Hell, now they delay all the DLC anyway (for bug-fixing that breaks other things anyway) and we still don't even have Second Assault even though we know the maps are solid in the X1 version.

Stoffinator

Lol
I haven't been able to play one single full game of conquest since I bought it.

I've been able to play fine since the patch on Dec 18. Only got the error maybe twice since. The odd time I get some really bad lag. But other than that its been pretty well. Still needs work but playable.

GlamFM

Banned
For the most part is runs and looks fine. It stands up quite well to the PC version imo.

Terrible aliasing, driving section looked ridiculously bad, weird slowdowns, pop in, texture fading in MP.
I´m really underwhelmed. If I hadn´t played RYSE I would have lost confidence in "Next Gen" entirely at this point..

Nyx

Are the maps worth it though?

Terrible aliasing, driving section looked ridiculously bad, weird slowdowns, pop in, texture fading in MP.
I´m really underwhelmed. If I hadn´t played RYSE I would have lost confidence in "Next Gen" entirely at this point..

Compare it to the currentgen versions, it's a different ballpark....

Lol
I haven't been able to play one single full game of conquest since I bought it.

Weird, I have not crashed since the end of December and I only play Conquest.

Are the maps worth it though?

Compare it to the currentgen versions, it's a different ballpark....

China Rising's maps are pretty dull. Second Assault is hit or miss depending on whether you love those maps, and who knows how good the future expansions will be.

isb

Banned
I hate myself for loving this game.

I even doubledipped it for both PC and PS4 to be able to play with my friends.

Luckily though i got both cheap so i didn't give DICE more than around 70$ total.

Seanspeed

Banned
Anyone else really wish they didn't get Premium?
Nah. I will admit China Rising isn't as good as I was hoping overall, though. Two of the maps I'm just plain not a fan of, but Guilin Peaks is also one of the best Battlefield maps I've played. Either way, I'm always happy to have more variety, even if its a bit disappointing there's no Levolution in for these maps(cant be patched in later?). Its just hard to find servers that do full map rotations, 100% tickets. I'm not one of these people who only likes to play one type of map.

I trust there will be standouts in pretty much every pack along with some I like less. I didn't buy Premium in BF3 and while I don't totally regret it, it was kind of difficult at times to find servers using only the maps I had. Its nice to have pretty much everything open to you.

I bought the game plus the season pass at a good discount, so I'm quite happy with the purchase. I think a lot of the people who still keep saying how awful and buggy the game is haven't played it in a long time(or haven't at all and just like to join in on the bashing). I haven't had a crash in a long time.

The sad thing is that none of this is actually going to change significantly unless the broader consumer base starts to speak out via its collective wallet. If people will buy a much-flawed and semi-broken piece of software by the multi-millions there isn't even incentive for DICE or EA demanding a bump in quality standards.

Opposed to the apparent (very very) slow and inevitable collapse of CoD (which people also need to vote for with their wallets) BF4 is a massive kick in the gut because it's non-annual and not sub-franchised out. It simply doesn't get to make impressions as often so BF4 might look "2-3 years not better" versus one at a time.

EA are presently the overlords of releasing barely-playable junk that manages to sell millions on legacy alone and simply not really giving a shit after release until player pushback is overwhelming. Even then efforts are minimal. If you told me the higher-ups laughed at the stupidity of their consumers I'd believe it completely and not even blame them for it. We let them get away with it.

Should NO ONE be buying this stuff? Heavens no, but the demographic is so heavily biased on uninformed legacy/brand loyalty buyers that it cheats the more dedicated fans out of a better experience they previously enjoyed and completely deserve. The new gen has some all-new shooter IPs that look promising, or stuff that at minimum deserves a chance to stand out. Progress? One can only hope.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hmm think I'll wait then, thanks for the info!
I wouldn't just take one person's opinion on the maps. The variety of opinions on BF maps is pretty big.

Watch some videos of matches and decide for yourself. Some people love them. Some people hate them. And everything in between.

The sad thing is that none of this is actually going to change significantly unless the broader consumer base starts to speak out via its collective wallet. If people will buy a much-flawed and semi-broken piece of software by the multi-millions there isn't even incentive for DICE or EA demanding a bump in quality standards.

Opposed to the apparent (very very) slow and inevitable collapse of CoD (which people also need to vote for with their wallets) BF4 is a massive kick in the gut because it's non-annual and not sub-franchised out. It simply doesn't get to make impressions as often so BF4 might look "2-3 years not better" versus one at a time.

EA are presently the overlords of releasing barely-playable junk that manages to sell millions on legacy alone and simply not really giving a shit after release until player pushback is overwhelming. Even then efforts are minimal. If you told me the higher-ups laughed at the stupidity of their consumers I'd believe it completely and not even blame them for it. We let them get away with it.

Should NO ONE be buying this stuff? Heavens no, but the demographic is so heavily biased on uninformed legacy/brand loyalty buyers that it cheats the more dedicated fans out of a better experience they previously enjoyed and completely deserve. The new gen has some all-new shooter IPs that look promising, or stuff that at minimum deserves a chance to stand out. Progress? One can only hope.

calm down. I put many hours into the pc version, it is very playable.

Nyx

I wouldn't just take one person's opinion on the maps. The variety of opinions on BF maps is pretty big.

Watch some videos of matches and decide for yourself. Some people love them. Some people hate them. And everything in between.

True!

majik13

Yep, myself and the 8 or so friends I regularly play with generally really like CR. It remnds me a bit of BC2/Veitnam maps. Silk Road and Peaks being my favorite.

Havent played SA yet(on PS4)

Dacon

Banned
I'm just glad I didnt buy premium before I played the actual game. I was so set on this being a fantastic BF experience that I was ready to put the money down. Then I played the game.

Hard to get a match where I dont get instantly murdered by players in seconds by every weapon type in the game. Hope it gets fixed soon, cause when it works its really fun.

Danneee

I hope the levelution gets patched in the CR. While it doesn't affect anything greatly it's a nice addition and the reduced visibility if often brings makes the open levels less annoying to play with shitloads of snipers around.

Bought the game in late December for the PC; has not crashed once.

People that complain about the china rising dlc for its map size need to remember that each dlc release has been themed in one way or another. The first one released for BF4 happens to be large scale conquest/vehicle centric.

Anyone who payed attention leading up to the release could see the state of the game was not going to be up to snuff. So to me, buying it simply to exclaim, "see! it is a broken pos!" and confirm your suspicions seems a bit poorly planned. By having some semblance of patience, I bought a game that has not crashed for me or been a broken buggy mess. For the record, my experiences have been on the PC only. Even so, it seems that anyone on any platform could have not made the rash decision to purchase the game on launch day in the face of rumors and word of mouth of a very choppy release. Such reservations about its release should have also been compounded by the rush of getting a new game released on brand new platforms; at least one of which was obviously rushed out the door.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm just glad I didnt buy premium before I played the actual game. I was so set on this being a fantastic BF experience that I was ready to put the money down. Then I played the game.

Hard to get a match where I dont get instantly murdered by players in seconds by every weapon type in the game. Hope it gets fixed soon, cause when it works its really fun.
Huh?

Twinduct

Pretty much. Otherwise people would have traded it in instead of complaining about the bugs. Even PC gamers could have gotten a refund. The game is good and people want it to be better.

Actually no I was denied a refund for both the base game and the premium thingie.

Having said that I made peace with it. I was hoping the DLC maps would be decent enough to have justified the investment, but considering the local servers already removed most if not all of the DR levels, I guess I'm shit out of luck there.

I kind of enjoyed the level change stuff, although most of them were pretty petty. If they can't justify a change of level's geo at least just throw in some rain or something.

elyetis

The glitch is crap, but it's not fair to go after them for abandoned features that weren't announced.
Given how soon they begun selling the Premium pass, and how they sold Levolution as one of the big thing ( and showed it could/would be in DLC by showing second assault first ) in bf4, it was more thab easy to think that every map would have it.

The fact that Levolution actually bring something really good to only about 2 map in the vanilla game doesn't change that expectation.

R_Deckard

Not Played Killzone then?

And I have it on X1,PS4 and PC and they all bug out all over the place..Buggy game that is platform agnostic..

kitch9

Banned

Maybe your version is broke or something? Do you have a decent tv?

Madness

Jesus they bungled this game from top to bottom. And yet, I love playing it.

And the real tragedy was that this was their chance to try and take the 'shooter' crown from CoD in a sense. To provide THE premiere shooter experience on next gen. And yet, it launched with several problems. People will be wary of the series for next time, look at Gears. Massive success with Gears 1, shit the bed with Gears 2 which had so many problems at launch until well into the next year and people just stopped playing it.

kitch9

Banned
Nope.

Panasonic TX-P55VT60E, I really think it´s the game - not the TV.

I probably just had different expectations.

I do expect launch titles to be not indicative of the future performance of games and I expect them to be rushed sometimes as well. This is a shame for BF4 because if it wasn't for the bugs it would probably be the best version yet and it is nice to now have full 64 player battles on the consoles. I appear to be one of the lucky ones who doesn't have that many crashes out the game and I'm not seeing many issues such as pop-in or bad alaising due to the FXAA (I think) filter applied. Saying that framerate certainly isn't locked 60 but its nice to be near there, especially at launch.

Someone was saying they crash out of every game which is weird I would be inclined to check my connection for packet loss and jitter if that was the case.

Ive pumped over 110 hours into this game (bone) and it is most definitely a glitch / bug fest.

Sometimes you load a map, the game runs great! Feels smooth almost like its hitting the touted 60fps. Other times, its like a pc game where the wrong drivers are instaled. Frame lag, stutter, motion sickness.

Its better than the latest cod by far but fuck me if its not broken!

It pains me to say as a huge bf fan but this is my last bf I buy at launch. From now on I wait a month or two for the feedback.
What the crap are you talking about? PC gaming is not like that .

Fog event would have been great in Guilin Peaks.

Still having these issues (PS4 version):

- Crazy rubberbanding on certain 64 player Conquest maps, particularly Lancang Dam and Hainan Resort. This happens whether the player count is the full 64 or less (I noticed it when the player count was around 48 on Lancang).

- Maps failing to load. I can still hear games sounds and people talking, but the screen will remain black, with blinking cursor in the top right corner. I have to close the application and restart.

- Controller becomes unresponsive at times when I back out to the PS4 dashboard and then back into the game. The PS button still works, but closing out the application and restarting the game has no effect. I have to reboot the entire system to get the sticks/triggers/buttons to work in-game.

Other than these issues I've been having a good time recently. Maybe when they get to the point they start renting servers they'll add "friend squads" options, and maybe they'll get around to tightening up the sketchy hit detection - but I'm not holding my breath on those.

Top Bottom