• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub "the new" footage in HD

Shin

Banned
About time, now I don't have to get my hopes up every time the other thread is bumped.
Thanks for posting it.

The aliasing looks improved, but there's still a really annoying dithering thing going on with the motion. If you pause it and look at the trees you'll see what I mean.

theWB27

Looks like it's be well worth the wait....you'd have to do some real nitpicking to say this doesn't look great. Hope everything else is really fleshed out.

ignata

I really want this to be good. Both Gran Turismo and Forza hit their peaks early and I would love to see some worthy competition to set the bar a little higher.

Liamario

Banned
The aliasing is absolutely brutal. Never before has it been in my face so blatantly.

There is some aliasing to be seen, but it's not that bad and the game is still a few months out.
Also some framerate drops, which had better be ironed out (not that I'm buying anyways, tbh).
I'm just not seeing these visuals that tell me the game shouldn't be 60fps. I'm being really honest about that. The payoff isn't there (so far).

Ishida

Banned
The aliasing is absolutely brutal. Never before has it been in my face so blatantly.

captainhyperbole2.jpg

I really want this to be good. Both Gran Turismo and Forza hit their peaks early and I would love to see some worthy competition to set the bar a little higher.

I think you're going to have to hope Project Cars brings that competition (and it does look like it will), because this is much more an arcade racer than a sim one.

Looks good. Will there be an option of having your speed/gear/rpm displayed?

Yeah, you can toggle the HUD.

Looks fantastic to me, and they still have time to continue polishing it.
The night racing in cockpit view is just HNNNNNNG so good.
Will be on this Day 1.

Any direct downloads? The webplayer has a lot of intermittent stutter. Also, dashboard really shows a need for AA... Looks great, but not mindblowing.

Mahonay

Banned
Looks really nice. The extra time is showing through.

As others said, hopefully they can tighten up the AA a bit by the time it releases. It's not too bad though.

Game is looking so good, hot damn.

One thing I wonder though is where is the PGR style UI elements like points coming onto the screen as you drift and such like that? The sort of thing you saw in the trailers up till now.

Is this pure non UI footage or is that element gone from the final product?

ZServ

Aliasing is very, very apparent. Doesn't look all that fun, either, in this footage. Maybe that's just me. I'll try out the glorified demo before spending anything on it. We'll see if it's truly "for the players."

Danlord

Any direct downloads? The webplayer has a lot of intermittent stutter. Also, dashboard really shows a need for AA... Looks great, but not mindblowing.

Here you go:

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
You sure it's not your video player?

When I first opened the MP4 it was slightly distorted with lots of aliasing even around the introduction text.

I downloaded it and opened it in a different media player and it looked much better.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Aliasing is very, very apparent. Doesn't look all that fun, either, in this footage. Maybe that's just me. I'll try out the glorified demo before spending anything on it. We'll see if it's truly "for the players."

Watching racing games is never as fun as actually having hands on time.

Top Bottom