• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 isn't broken anymore

NotBacon

It seems there is a common misconception that BF4 is still a mess and unplayable, and that's only true if you have a 360 or PS3 (or so I've heard)
join the current-gen master race you peasants
. For the other systems i'd say 90% of the bugs have been fixed and there's no more lag.

If you're on PS4, Xbone, or PC, this game is most definitely playable now and IMO the MP game of the year. So yeah, go out and buy it and bask in all its incredible battlefield glory.

Edit: Bonus vid

GuessWho

I-dont-believe-you.gif

The question is: Can I safely play campaign on Xbox One with it erasing my progress? I replayed the opening level 5 times and never got further than the third stage.

The PC version has been just fine for a while now.

CTE > Base Game

Outside of netcode issues the game has never had problems for me. Never even encountered rubber banding.

Piggus

I haven't had any major issues apart from some weird audio bug (only on a couple different servers) and occasional rubber banding for a really long time. I think a lot of the issues were overblown in the last three or four months.

Asgaro

I believe you, but I'm still waiting till this game drops to around € 15.

(I'm on PC so should be possible in a few months.)

Well with the new patch I am still encountering lots of rubber banding. Especially on hanai resort. And when part of the hotel falls apart, forget it. The game slows to a crawl. So it is still broken.

My loadouts reset every other game. I have 100mbps fibre and still get rubber banding, black screens and crashes after games. It's still a broken fucking mess.

Netcode is still shit, and the servers are really iffy, but yeah the big problems are fixed.
It's perfectly playable and has been since the rubber-banding was fixed.
It is a great game.

Well with the new patch I am still encountering lots of rubber banding. Especially on hanai resort. And when part of the hotel falls apart, forget it. The game slows to a crawl. So it is still broken.

One thing that almost never happens and lasts 1 minute. Just stop you look foolish.

TheCloser

Banned
It seems there is a common misconception that BF4 is still a mess and unplayable, and that's only true if you have a 360 or PS3 (or so I've heard)
join the current-gen master race you peasants
. For the other systems i'd say 90% of the bugs have been fixed and there's no more lag.

If you're on PS4, Xbone, or PC, this game is most definitely playable now and IMO the MP game of the year. So yeah, go out and buy it and bask in all its incredible battlefield glory.
I just borrowed this game from the library and it still has some lag but it's not as bad as before. Unfortunately, they forgot to patch fun into the game so it only stayed on my hard-drive for ~5 multiplayer matches.

FleetFeet

I'm not going to waste my time with the single player portion unless it has been confirmed to be fixed.

Does anyone have updates regarding that game breaking bug?

The timing is curious though... since double xp weekend is upon us and all.

Jomjom

Banned
Who even cares anymore? This game is so damn old. Not that I would know or agree, but even if it's fixed, it's so damn late.

I would hope every game would be fixed by the time it's been out 9 months.

jesu

Which year?
The year it released?
The year after?
Isn't there a new Battlefield due out soon?

TheCloser

Banned
Not even close. Most of the base maps were pretty good. Huge step up from BF3.
Nope, the maps are still pretty bad and the game is more boring than bf3. I didn't think that was possible. I'm afraid that dice are going to ruin battlefront. It's like they forgot how to make hood games.

3DShovel

Honestly, I haven't had any major issues on PS4 ever since they actually got 64-player Conquest going, and that was like... A week or two after launch...

Did I miss something?

HF2014

BF3 was broken and was having major input lag issue for about a year and a half after it got finally fixed.

BF4 got his problems and that push me away from the serie.

IF they think one second i will gave them another chance with Battlefield Hardline, they can put them self a finger in the eyes. There is no way i will trust EA on doing a Battlefield game.

Sande

I'm not going to waste my time with the single player portion unless it has been confirmed to be fixed.
Don't waste your time with it, period. I think it's definitely worse than BF3 and that's saying something.

My problems with the multiplayer are with the design, not something they could/would ever fix.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Now we just need to wait another half year until they've balanced everything properly.
Balance? In a Battlefield game? Personally, I can't wait for Dragon's Teeth to break everything until DICE nerfs the new toys.

edit: Wait, they put guns on the EOD bot? Oh my sweet lord, please tell me that they're adding it to Meat Locker and Meatro.

Top Bottom