• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 isn't broken anymore

Salz01

Can you play the campaign without your save file getting corrupt now?

Came to ask this. Because it's still broken for me. So stupid that it's the fifth fuckin time I have to restart the game to finish single player.

Never will buy another battlefield game again.

Ascenion

Yeah....until I can start my campaign one day and actually finish it the next day without bullshit work arounds.....broken shit is still broken.

Battlefield 4 was too innovative for my taste. Maybe next year.

igpms.gif

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It hasn't been broken for me for almost a year nor was it ever game breaking but only at launch with those stupid crashes.

But never forget as some hint. It's pathetic how they've handled this and BF3 launches even thought BF3 was better than this at launch.

TheContact

Once I stopped having problems on PC (most notably crashes) I bought the Premium. BF4 is a great game it was just released too early, but yeah good PSA for those who maybe thought it was still broken.

It hasn't been broken for me for almost a year nor was it ever game breaking but only at launch with those stupid crashes.

But never forget as some hint. It's pathetic how they've handled this and BF3 launches even thought BF3 was better than this at launch.

The crashes persisted WELL after release =/, at least they did for me

The CQ air maps are better than vanilla BF3, yeah. I'll give you that. But the city maps are worse and Rush is damn near unplayable.

The vanilla city maps in BF3 are trash. Mostly consisting of lanes and corridors and had way too much infantry focus in them. Not to mention they were tiny with the exception of maybe Tehran Highway (which nobody played). Siege of Shanghai is much bigger, has plenty of vehicles and plenty of areas for infantry to still be useful in. Flood zone, while not that good, is still better than the BF3 city maps. Dawnbreaker is debatable at best.

The vanilla BF3 maps should've been more like the ones in Armored Kill. Just like how a "BF2 Successor" would have had.

Rush is probably the worst it's ever been, but they're working on improving it in the CTE and I think (not exactly sure) some of the Rush changes will make it to consoles next week.

Netcode is still shit, and the servers are really iffy, but yeah the big problems are fixed.
It's perfectly playable and has been since the rubber-banding was fixed.
It is a great game.

One thing that almost never happens and lasts 1 minute. Just stop you look foolish.
? It happens practically every single time.And I've had it last for more than a minute sooo. But I look foolish for expressing frustration about it. Ok buddy.

pvpness

I am in the same boat as you my friend. I loved 1942 - BF2. BF3 on PC turned me off, and BF4 I am yet to play for multiple reasons. I am just apathetic at this point.

I couldn't let go easily so I ended up getting BF4. Despite not having a lot of the problems many others had (PC for me) I found it even less entertaining than bf3 which is pretty amazing cause bf3 is(was) the worst BF in the series.

fras

Banned
The game works fine for me, DICE LA are doing wonders for the game. Dragons Teeth looks awesome and the short tease for Final Stand looked sweet. Bonus picture of the Battlefield facebook finally standing up for themselves: http://i.imgur.com/2XGWnqV.png

Hip Hop

Nope, the maps are still pretty bad and the game is more boring than bf3. I didn't think that was possible. I'm afraid that dice are going to ruin battlefront. It's like they forgot how to make hood games.

I don't know, I feel like the theme and the novelty of Star Wars could drive the game on it's own, provided that the gameplay is fairly decent.

NotBacon

My loadouts reset every other game. I have 100mbps fibre and still get rubber banding, black screens and crashes after games. It's still a broken fucking mess.

Nope.

I can't even play the SP on PC. How is that possible, it's still in BETA!!!

Yeah....until I can start my campaign one day and actually finish it the next day without bullshit work arounds.....broken shit is still broken.

Can you play the campaign without your save file getting corrupt now?

If you're playing SP in battlefield you're doing it wrong.

Nope, the maps are still pretty bad and the game is more boring than bf3. I didn't think that was possible. I'm afraid that dice are going to ruin battlefront. It's like they forgot how to make hood games.

I disagree.

Meat Locker and Meatro.

I lol'd

Why would I go back to this flaming turd when Destiny is two months away?

Because it's hella fun?

If you're playing SP in battlefield you're doing it wrong.
Tell that to EA and DICE because they heavily marketed and sold a single player mode that is completely defective. Still to this day. And its a mode that ties directly into the game's multiplayer progression system.

Its broken.

jakomocha

Well that's nice. I even got an email thanking me for taking part in the beta...or was that for Hardline hmmm
It's hard to tell the difference between the two.

I personally won't get BF4 unless it's on a big sale or something because I'm kind of burnt out on FPS's.

Akainu

It seems there is a common misconception that BF4 is still a mess and unplayable, and that's only true if you have a 360 or PS3 (or so I've heard)
join the current-gen master race you peasants
. For the other systems i'd say 90% of the bugs have been fixed and there's no more lag.

If you're on PS4, Xbone, or PC, this game is most definitely playable now and IMO the MP game of the year. So yeah, go out and buy it and bask in all its incredible battlefield glory.

Edit: Bonus vid

Your first sentence you already prove you are fill of crap.

meptrep

I don't know, I tried playing it after they supposedly 'fixed' the netcode, but it still seemed quite bad. Everyone I had played it with gave up on the game anyways.

And now I've gone back to Counter-Strike and Arma 3. Maybe I'll reinstall BF4 since this new DLC is out, but my expectations aren't high.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It seems there is a common misconception that BF4 is still a mess and unplayable, and that's only true if you have a 360 or PS3 (or so I've heard)
join the current-gen master race you peasants
. For the other systems i'd say 90% of the bugs have been fixed and there's no more lag.

If you're on PS4, Xbone, or PC, this game is most definitely playable now and IMO the MP game of the year. So yeah, go out and buy it and bask in all its incredible battlefield glory.

Edit: Bonus vid

2847_original.gif

VariantX

Tell that to EA and DICE because they heavily marketed and sold a single player mode that is completely defective. Still to this day. And its a mode that ties directly into the game's multiplayer progression system.

Its broken.

That's exactly what I don't understand, forcing players to go through the SP for MP unlocks, then never completely fixing the save corruption issues that impede player progression. They should have just unlocked the weapons for everyone since actually finishing the game was a crapshoot. Even if you were to attempt it in a single sitting, you still had to worry about the game crashing and crapping all over your save file anyway.

Rebel Leader

I don't see a single other person taking it to the extent he has. Therefore...... nope.

Oh then

IT'S FUCKING BROKEN AS SHIT
  1. Rubberbanding still happens
  2. Hit dedctetion is a mess
  3. HIT DETECTION IS A FUCKING MESS
  4. the lag
  5. No sound at the start of matches
  6. Squad join is in "beta".. SERIOUSLY?!?!
  7. Mines don't appear untill last second
  8. Mines don't show up at all
  9. Claymores don't explode when I enter the door way but explode when I exit
  10. I have shot alot of helicopters with a tank and only see a puff of smoke
  11. You run over someone with a tank and they still live

I can go on for a LONG time

McLovin

It's too late. If they had a chance to dethrone Cod and they blew it. Cod mp was pretty damn terrible too. It's a shame.

NotBacon

Oh then

IT'S FUCKING BROKEN AS SHIT
  1. Rubberbanding still happens
  2. Hit dedctetion is a mess
  3. HIT DETECTION IS A FUCKING MESS
  4. the lag
  5. No sound at the start of matches
  6. Squad join is in "beta".. SERIOUSLY?!?!
  7. Mines don't appear untill last second
  8. Mines don't show up at all
  9. Claymores don't explode when I enter the door way but explode when I exit
  10. I have shot alot of helicopters with a tank and only see a puff of smoke
  11. You run over someone with a tank and they still live

I can go on for a LONG time

1. Me and a lot of other people haven't seen rubberbanding for months.
2. Hit detection is fine too.
3. See #2
4. See #1
5. This does happen.
6. Not anymore, although it was silly that it was in the first place.
7. Have never heard of or experienced this.
8. See #7
9. See #7
10. I used to see similar things, but it's been months...
11. This has happened since battlefield 2

Rebel Leader

1. Me and a lot of other people haven't seen rubberbanding for months.
2. Hit detection is fine too.
3. See #2
4. See #1
5. This does happen.
6. Not anymore, although it was silly that it was in the first place.
7. Have never heard of or experienced this.
8. See #7
9. See #7
10. I used to see similar things, but it's been months...

Hit detection fine?

I had a friend shoot at me for a good 1/4 to 1/2 of a second and I killed him with no damage on to me. Not 1.

I have shot many p[eople first for a similer time. I did not do 1 damage to them. Not 1.

I still die behind walls. This happens more time than I can count.

and after all that time you would think there would be something done about it... NOPE

McLovin

If you want to beat the sp campaign then just do it in one sitting. You might get away with two. If you try to do it in three that's just foolish :p

VariantX

If you want to beat the sp campaign then just do it in one sitting. You might get away with two. If you try to do it in three that's just foolish :p

You still have to play the final mission three times to get all 3 endings to get all the weapons. You just have to hope it doesn't crash and corrupt your save on the other two attempts so you won't have to do the entire campaign again.

And yet the damage to the brand is done in my eyes and I won't be purchasing BF4 Premium or any future Battlefield games until months after launch from now on.

Daft Bird

This is not true. I played about 5 or so matches last week and experienced audio cutting out and awful lag. Its better than when it was launched but is still a chore to play.

Top Bottom